Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It depends on how big the cameo is. If he is credited in the film, that is fulfillment. Remember, contracts don't say "you will make ___ amount of movies", they say "you will appear ___ amount of times as this character". 99% of the time, this does end up meaning full films, but it's not always the case.

Affleck signed a 3-picture deal, but he still has one left because he agreed to an uncredited cameo in Suicide Squad (in Hollywood, these are often called "favor castings", where an actor will appear uncredited as a favor to someone; sometimes the director, sometimes a producer, could be anybody or anything). If Cavill has an extended cameo in Shazam or any other movie and is credited, then his contract is fulfilled. If he shows up on a PE instructional video ala Captain America in Spider-Man, then yeah that probably won't count.
    Well, Shazam! has already wrapped filming months ago, if Cavill will have a cameo, it'll be very short and added/filmed at the eleventh hour.

I personally don't care for more Batman movies. I think he's had enough and very successful..

After the Snyder movies, including JL, both Superman and Batman took a hit. Some damage was done, but if WB don't want another Superman movie, then I don't think Batman deserves one. Both or none.

Ultimately, I'm a Superman fan and I want the character to be done justice in live action. I don't think that has happened since Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I personally don't care for more Batman movies. I think he's had enough and very successful..

After the Snyder movies, including JL, both Superman and Batman took a hit. Some damage was done, but if WB don't want another Superman movie, then I don't think Batman deserves one. Both or none.

Ultimately, I'm a Superman fan and I want the character to be done justice in live action. I don't think that has happened since Man of Steel.
    If they have one more scene with Bruce's parents getting shot I think I am going to throw a tomato at the screen. For me the last time they did justice to Superman in live action was Superman II back in 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If they have one more scene with Bruce's parents getting shot I think I am going to throw a tomato at the screen. For me the last time they did justice to Superman in live action was Superman II back in 1980.
    for me Superman 2 is pretty good but Superman does some things I really don't like like him giving up Superman and his powers just to sleep with a girl... In fact, that to me is the worst thing he ever did in the movies. The amnesia kiss is also a low for me. I guess you think those things were awesome. ok.

Can't blame the guy for giving up his powers just to sleep with the first woman he met after he spent 12 freaking years isolated to talk to a computer.

BANNED

for me Superman 2 is pretty good but Superman does some things I really don't like like him giving up Superman and his powers just to sleep with a girl... In fact, that to me is the worst thing he ever did in the movies. The amnesia kiss is also a low for me. I guess you think those things were awesome. ok.
    Ah Superman II...a great film, but the two endings (Lester and Donner cut) just don't work. The fanedits I watch of it go with Clark and Lois breaking it off but Lois retains her knowledge. Clark leaves her on the Planet roof and goes to the bar to take care of the bully.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Find yourself a man who can do both

Every movie has flaws or scratch your head scenes. I just find there is more to like in Superman I and II than there is in Superman III and IV, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Batgod v Superman.
    Is the amnesia kiss any worse than the Metropolis lies in ruins kiss?

Master Hero Vladimir

I remember this was a thread to appreciate DCEU Superman, not criticize him. Obviously, everyone has their own opinions, and it's understandable that DCEU Superman has flaws, but I think it's a inappropriate to say that there was nothing likeable about DCEU Superman or compare him negatively to other versions of the character, at least when it's not done as constructive criticism. I also don't think this thread is the place to discuss things like Henry Cavill's contract disputes or Zack Snyder's directorial decisions. Those are things well beyond our control.

I agree that the thread is not a place to criticize DCEU Superman, but I think that the rumors about Cavill Superman's future can be shared here, because they are inherent to the thread's subject.

I let GreatKungLao decide what is more appropriate to post here or not.

Knowing how controverstial DCEU Superman is to the public, I created this thread as sort of a safe place where people who don't shy from this version of their favorite super hero could share their common love for this portrayal and the direction Zack Snyder took character in. Without ifs or what ifs, but the love for what this version the way it is. Sometimes it can get ridiculous how declaration of MoS/BvS admiration can make a person into a public enemy on the Internet, so I hope this thread can keep being The Good Place for MoS/BvS/IntendedJusticeLeague fans.

As much as I love passionate discussions, this is after all an appreciation thread. I'm sure there are threads regarding comparisons of DCEU Superman with other versions or threads for MoS and BvS criticism, but this is not one of them. But, since Henry Cavill is DCEU!Superman, I think it will be appropriate discuss him as well and his current position regarding further possible Superman movies, but without bashing what came before already :-)

I was rewatching BvS again and noticed how Superman starts smiling the moment he notices family of the girl he saved

I would like to share my thoughts regarding how DCEU!Superman looks bored while doing heroics. In my opinion modern live action Superman was trying to show another side of the coin of being The Last Son of Krypton. I'm sure that being Superman is suppose to be fun. He has fun in Man of Steel when he discovers that he can freaking fly! But there is a whole other side to the coin. Everytime he helps someone, Superman has to think about that there are others who needed help at the same time, but because he can't be everywhere at once, he has to deal with the fact that he can only help as much as he possibly can and live with the fact that he can't help everyone literally. He has to deal with perception of that he helps selectively, while in reality he helps as much as he can.

He has a lot of great powers, but even with them problems of the entire world can't be resolved, not everyone can be helped and he has to deal with it. But as Lois Lane said in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: "It doesn't matter what he can't do. What matters is what he can do". Meaning that it is still better to have Superman even if he can't do everything for every single one in the universe, without him world would be a worse place to live.

Remember how in Superman Returns he said "You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one"? I think this is where BvS was trying to push the hardest and giving that DCEU is a world close to our reality of things, that quote would make Superman's life even harder to lead. But the fact that he still keeps going despite the horrors that our society causes leading to incidents that he has to fix, is the thing that I admire about DCEU!Superman the most. He keeps trying to be the best superhero ever even when he isn't faced with cartoonish plots.

I would also like to remind everyone that BvS has an entire wall from newspapers that report Superman heroics and he did some amazing things:

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I would also like to remind everyone that BvS has an entire wall from newspapers that report Superman heroics and he did some amazing things:

And the stopping the Earthquake headline is of course a sly nod to the Donner films in the same way.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.