Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Knowing how controverstial DCEU Superman is to the public, I created this thread as sort of a safe place where people who don't shy from this version of their favorite super hero could share their common love for this portrayal and the direction Zack Snyder took character in. Without ifs or what ifs, but the love for what this version the way it is. Sometimes it can get ridiculous how declaration of MoS/BvS admiration can make a person into a public enemy on the Internet, so I hope this thread can keep being The Good Place for MoS/BvS/IntendedJusticeLeague fans.

As much as I love passionate discussions, this is after all an appreciation thread. I'm sure there are threads regarding comparisons of DCEU Superman with other versions or threads for MoS and BvS criticism, but this is not one of them. But, since Henry Cavill is DCEU!Superman, I think it will be appropriate discuss him as well and his current position regarding further possible Superman movies, but without bashing what came before already :-)
    Thanks for the clarification, it was needed after all the debates of the past weeks.

"Sounds like they are trying fast track Supergirl"

What is the situation regarding Man Of Steel 2?

"There isn’t one, there is no film in development, Cavill and WB are at an impasse and Supergirl is their back up plan."

"Cavill pitched them his idea for a story and director."

Hey your opinion you think a deal gets done?

"I honestly don’t know anymore, the longer it takes the less likely it feels like they can come to agreement and Cavill takes other roles, but i think it would be a bigger loss than Batfleck and really can’t imagine them not realizing that."

"Their opinion is they can recast with a cheaper actor and still control the film, Cavill wants to pick the director, script approval, casting all that stuff."

"If you don’t hear anything by end of Oct. you likely won’t till after the new year due to the holidays and all that."

"It’s a matter of being cost affective and allowing the talent to dictate the creative direction, they also feel Superman is bigger than Cavill and replacing him wouldn’t hurt their bottom line, it’s all about money."

To end on a positive note...

"Mission Impossible Fallout hasn't finished its promoting and they're about to promote in China. I believe that there is going to be one more round of negotiations in September after Fallout opens next weekend. And I believe something will get done."

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid

BANNED

Caville getting creative reminds me of when Reeve came up with the idea for Superman IV.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I personally wouldn't feel so greedy for another Henry Cav-El movie if Justice League came out the way it was suppose to be. There is so much Superman that is missing. I mean, another Flight scene?!

Combined with Henry Cavill's Instagram video it sure seems so.

Superman being in action with actually the entire Justice League?

I think this is them witnessing Darkseid taking back Steppenwolf for execution.

What I was missing the most in Justice League is Superman interacting with every single one of Justice League members. He wasn't interacting with Aquaman and Wonder Woman at all.

If with BvS they cut about 10-15 minutes of Clark Kent/Superman, I think with Justice League it's an entire hour or a half of it at least.

Yeah, in that scene they're seeing Darkseid through a boomtube. I think even Jay Oliva confirmed it.

As for the duration and how much was cut. Snyder's rough cut was around 2h:40m, which mean that after trimming the fat, his final cut of JL would've been at most longer as MoS.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Sounds like they are trying fast track Supergirl"

What is the situation regarding Man Of Steel 2?

"There isn’t one, there is no film in development, Cavill and WB are at an impasse and Supergirl is their back up plan."

"Cavill pitched them his idea for a story and director."

Hey your opinion you think a deal gets done?

"I honestly don’t know anymore, the longer it takes the less likely it feels like they can come to agreement and Cavill takes other roles, but i think it would be a bigger loss than Batfleck and really can’t imagine them not realizing that."

"Their opinion is they can recast with a cheaper actor and still control the film, Cavill wants to pick the director, script approval, casting all that stuff."

"If you don’t hear anything by end of Oct. you likely won’t till after the new year due to the holidays and all that."

"It’s a matter of being cost affective and allowing the talent to dictate the creative direction, they also feel Superman is bigger than Cavill and replacing him wouldn’t hurt their bottom line, it’s all about money."

To end on a positive note...

"Mission Impossible Fallout hasn't finished its promoting and they're about to promote in China. I believe that there is going to be one more round of negotiations in September after Fallout opens next weekend. And I believe something will get done."

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid
    I honestly don't want to believe all those rumors about the behind-the-scenes drama between Henry and WB, because I love DCEU Superman so much that I want his story to continue. I still don't think 3 movies are enough to explore Superman's story, nor do I believe that making Supergirl spin-off is the right way to go, even if it serves the greater purpose of softly rebooting Superman. I don't want Henry to get fired because if that happened, it would be a huge loss not only to WB but for the fans as well. Anyone who's watched Henry's movies can see he can be a great actor if he's given the proper material (Mission: Impossible, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) Besides, WB can't just recast the role and expect other people not to notice the actor replacement, especially if this happens within the same series. I can only hope Henry and WB come to a mutually beneficial agreement and Superman can get the cinematic treatment he deserves.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

What's frustrating is that if this is true, the main stumbling block is that they want to keep creative control of Superman, yet Warners isn't all that concerned about making a new Superman movie in the near future, and theit decision making over the last 20 years or so cinematically speaking has been dubious at best...so what do they really have to lose by giving Cavill a shot seeing as he is already signed on for one movie? Why not just give him a shot in having a bit more input this time? It's not like they've been doing all that well with the character since 1981 anyway. If it fails they can go back to ignoring Superman again like they seem to want. If it's a hit...well they have a viable franchise on their hands again. I fail to see how that could be a bad thing.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

WB doesn't have a problem to give this kind of control over the choice of director, writers and cast to Margot Robbie. I guess, Cavill doesn't have the same star power as Margot.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Good point which I hadn't even thought of. Yet I don't see how Margot Robbie is a bigger star than Cavill. I'd say it's about even. They've both had hits and flops.

Ultimately I think it comes down to WB's commitment, or lack thereof, to making more Superman movies. Harley is a part of the Bat family and anything remotely Bat related is recieving more favor than anything Super. The main reason they want to make a Supergirl movie has little to do with expanding the cinematic foot print of the Superman franchise but because female Superheroes are the next trend and its likely they can make a Supergirl movie cheaper than they can a MOS 2.

Maybe Henry should approach Warners about doing a Batman project. Perhaps they can approve such a project and when they actually make the movie have Superman hijack the film from Batman. Only seems fair.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Good point which I hadn't even thought of. Yet I don't see how Margot Robbie is a bigger star than Cavill. I'd say it's about even. They've both had hits and flops.

Ultimately I think it comes down to WB's commitment, or lack thereof, to making more Superman movies. Harley is a part of the Bat family and anything remotely Bat related is recieving more favor than anything Super. The main reason they want to make a Supergirl movie has little to do with expanding the cinematic foot print of the Superman franchise but because female Superheroes are the next trend and its likely they can make a Supergirl movie cheaper than they can a MOS 2.

Maybe Henry should approach Warners about doing a Batman project. Perhaps they can approve such a project and when they actually make the movie have Superman hijack the film from Batman. Only seems fair.
    Margot Robbie is is an award-winning actress and she's hotter than Cavill, I'll give her power over everything.

Lol, forget Batman. Henry should pitch to WB a Harley Quinn & Superman movie if he want to get greenlighted a project.

I would also like to remind everyone that BvS has an entire wall from newspapers that report Superman heroics and he did some amazing things:

But we needed to see him do some of those, that's the problem. And to see him interact with regular people not called Lois or Ma Kent, and to see him enjoying at being Superman..

I'm sure the casual fan won't take the time to stop the movie and read all those little letters.. They are the ones that need to be convinced that this Superman is their hero.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-26-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Henry Cavill as Kingdom Come's Superman...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm84jimllyX/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I would also like to remind everyone that BvS has an entire wall from newspapers that report Superman heroics and he did some amazing things:

I'd rather see THOSE movies.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Good Point. With Man of Steel 2 people are going to expect CGI rivaling or exceeding Man of Steel, Batgod v Superman, or even Justice League. With Supergirl most people would be happy if the effects were somewhat better than
    the TV show. Something like Wonder Woman, which was made for $150 million, would probably satisfy most people. But I doubt any MoS 2 movie made for less than $250 million would be well received. Man of Steel cost $225 million
    in 2013.

We already got Batgod v Superman and Justice League. WB probably wants to keep Superman away from Batgod from now on. Lest Superman tarnish Batgod, in their eyes.

If Cavill get the chance to adapt his beloved "For Tomorrow", who's going to replace Zod from the original story? Faora? I wouldn't mind her return.