Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I didn't want to mean anything, just post the pic I saw on Reddit.

Snyder's visuals for Superman are a great addition to the character iconography. Batman isn't the only guy that should do some cool poses.
    Ah, ok, well you used suspension dots (3) and it usually means your sentence is incomplete.

I also like some of those shots, especially the one in MOS with the military, but I still think Snyder's Supes was too distant in general.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I also like some of those shots, especially the one in MOS with the military, but I still think Snyder's Supes was too distant in general.
    That's a problem of how he was written, but he can be close to people and do the cool flying poses in the same story. The two things don't exclude each other.

Master Hero Vladimir

That's a problem of how he was written, but he can be close to people and do the cool flying poses in the same story. The two things don't exclude each other.

Justice League
    somewhat corrected this when Superman was resurrected. When he goes on to help the Justice League, he doesn't take leadership, he force authority on anyone, he doesn't even make a big deal out of the Flash fanboying all over him. He just deflects praise and focuses on the task at hand. It's a small step, but goes a long way on getting Superman closer to his traditional personality. Little details like this is why I'm looking forward to a new movie.

Yeah I agree, we can have both the great poses and a more approachable and friendly Superman. This is why I want a sequel for Henry to show that side of his Superman. More confidence and optimism like he showed in Justice League and also in parts of Man of Steel. BvS went 2 steps back in that area and it hurt the character with audiences, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post

Justice League
    somewhat corrected this when Superman was resurrected. When he goes on to help the Justice League, he doesn't take leadership, he force authority on anyone, he doesn't even make a big deal out of the Flash fanboying all over him. He just deflects praise and focuses on the task at hand. It's a small step, but goes a long way on getting Superman closer to his traditional personality. Little details like this is why I'm looking forward to a new movie.
    I agree, he got his confidence and optimism back plus more in JL. I also really appreciated the opening scene with the firefighters and the kids because it showed how he also tried to connect with the regular people and his friendly side. That's who Superman is for me. He is a friend.

I agree, he got his confidence and optimism back plus more in JL. I also really appreciated the opening scene with the firefighters and the kids because it showed how he also tried to connect with the regular people and his friendly side. That's who Superman is for me. He is a friend.
    Justice League was the first time I recognized Superman up on a movie screen since the Christopher Reeve movies.

Yeah I agree, we can have both the great poses and a more approachable and friendly Superman. This is why I want a sequel for Henry to show that side of his Superman. More confidence and optimism like he showed in Justice League and also in parts of Man of Steel. BvS went 2 steps back in that area and it hurt the character with audiences, IMO.
    Yeah, I think that Cavill deserves another chance to play Superman to prove to be the definitive Supes actor of the modern era.

A DCEU fan's counterargument on the need of another solo movie between MoS and BvS: https://twitter.com/Only_Grey/status...19188128129024

Master Hero Vladimir

A DCEU fan's counterargument on the need of another solo movie between MoS and BvS: https://twitter.com/Only_Grey/status...19188128129024
    That's a good point. Also, someone over at TV Tropes wrote a counterargument to the whole "collateral damage" stuff in Man of Steel.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 09-02-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    That's a good point. Also, someone over at TV Tropes wrote a counterargument to the whole "collateral damage" stuff in Man of Steel.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Freddy with Superman t-shirt

CeF4OONc1jg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Freddy with Superman t-shirt

CeF4OONc1jg.jpg
    He has all the JLers t-shirts including Wonder Woman's. Nerd!

BANNED

An actor's gotta eat

Didn't he say that he wanted to play this role just a month ago?