Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I am among those who defended the killing. But i have said that he should not have been brought to that position. There is a lot of difference between good intentions and results.

I can see the result. In an age when Ant Man is getting its sequel there is no MoS 2 in sight.

I still hope this to happen someday.

Hindsight is 20/20. Looking back... Perhaps Snyder shouldn't have gone down that route. I understand where he was coming from and the intention of the scene ( to underline that there was going to be any convienient power sapping machines or the suddenly discovered ability to turn back time to due ex machina Supes from making a hard decision in this universe) but for whatever reason that one moment turned off some people from.giving a more grounded in the real world version of Superman's development from giving it a chance.im sure Snyder was scratching his head wondering where all the " Man of Muhrdurr!" Caterwauling came from. I mean as we all know the idea of Superman killing General Zod is almost a meme going all the way back to 1980 and at least twice in the comics since 1986! Of course those moments weren't all that well received either by readers but not to the level of controversy the MOS version of Zod's death reached.

However, again my problem is that ,as some one stated in another thread, Superman is regarded as comfort food, implying that the character and his world should serve the function of static comfort. Other characters and franchises should and can be messed with and experimented with, but not Superman. Superman and his world should maintain a certain static status quo and result and never be explored or deconstructed or reimagined, and Snyder and WB shouldn't have dared to approach the character differently. We see it in the comics. We see it on shows like Supergirl and yes, Smallville where vocal fans insist that the character and his world are set in stone and should always remain the same as to provide the warm feeling of nostalgia.

I kind of understand that mindset...But I think that way also leads to irrelevancy and necrosis and eventually death. I mean if Batman hasn't seen experimentations or multiple variations , would he be as popular as he is now? No. He'd be in the same boat Supes is now.

At least Snyder tried to say something different with Superman. It may have been imperfect and made mistakes but at least he didn't just do the same old same old to please an aging and obstinate fanbase.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. Looking back... Perhaps Snyder shouldn't have gone down that route. I understand where he was coming from and the intention of the scene ( to underline that there was going to be any convienient power sapping machines or the suddenly discovered ability to turn back time to due ex machina Supes from making a hard decision in this universe) but for whatever reason that one moment turned off some people from.giving a more grounded in the real world version of Superman's development from giving it a chance.im sure Snyder was scratching his head wondering where all the " Man of Muhrdurr!" Caterwauling came from. I mean as we all know the idea of Superman killing General Zod is almost a meme going all the way back to 1980 and at least twice in the comics since 1986! Of course those moments weren't all that well received either by readers but not to the level of controversy the MOS version of Zod's death reached.

However, again my problem is that ,as some one stated in another thread, Superman is regarded as comfort food, implying that the character and his world should serve the function of static comfort. Other characters and franchises should and can be messed with and experimented with, but not Superman. Superman and his world should maintain a certain static status quo and result and never be explored or deconstructed or reimagined, and Snyder and WB shouldn't have dared to approach the character differently. We see it in the comics. We see it on shows like Supergirl and yes, Smallville where vocal fans insist that the character and his world are set in stone and should always remain the same as to provide the warm feeling of nostalgia.

I kind of understand that mindset...But I think that way also leads to irrelevancy and necrosis and eventually death. I mean if Batman hasn't seen experimentations or multiple variations , would he be as popular as he is now? No. He'd be in the same boat Supes is now.

At least Snyder tried to say something different with Superman. It may have been imperfect and made mistakes but at least he didn't just do the same old same old to please an aging and obstinate fanbase.
    i disagree with the whole status quo statement....rebirth superman has great sales and reviews and it features the first time superman has a family(son), lex luthur being a superhero, lois lane being less of a damsel(and more of a fucking badass).

i think....on the foundational level, people didnt like the screenplay construction. Man of steel superman is EXTREMELY passive, this is a cardinal sin of screenwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    i disagree with the whole status quo statement....rebirth superman has great sales and reviews and it features the first time superman has a family(son), lex luthur being a superhero, lois lane being less of a damsel(and more of a fucking badass).

i think....on the foundational level, people didnt like the screenplay construction. Man of steel superman is EXTREMELY passive, this is a cardinal sin of screenwriting.
    Im not saying the current Rebirth Superman is bad. To the contrary. I enjoy it. I like that there is some experimentation. However you still see people upset with the introduction of Jon ( Superman shouldn't have a kid!) and Lex being a superhero ( Lex should only be a villain!) and the idea of him being married to Lois .there is a segment of fandom that would like to see him stuck in the 70's. It was the same with the New 52 to an extent. I had my problems with the New 52 of course, but I didn't have an issue with the changes or the concept. It's that often it was done badly especially after Morrison left .
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post

No more than any superhero honestly.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Finding out some old interviews with Zack Snyder and here is one that appeared after first box office numbers, actually interesting stuff. Zack Snyder has an interesting view on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Finding out some old interviews with Zack Snyder and here is one that appeared after first box office numbers, actually interesting stuff. Zack Snyder has an interesting view on the character.

Thanks for this.

When people rant that " omg! Snyder hates Superman! He doesn't get him ! If he loved and got him he'd smile more and he wouldn't have murdered Zod! Man of Muhrdurr!!" They Honestly don't know what they are taking about. He clearly does admire the character. He may take it ultra seriously, but that's admirable.

I enjoyed BvS and Justice League alot, but I feel like we got robbed of something special when Warner's decided to transform these films from purely a Superman trilogy into a backdoor pilot of a DCEU. Yes, Superman's story is very much the heartbeat of BvS and JL, but Superman needed a solid focus for a few movies. Batman got a good self contained trilogy from a singular filmmaker.WW will likely get one.Superman will only sorta kinda get one with Snyder's films, but he had to share it with other characters and the last chapter was at least half of another directors vision. It's depressing Supes will likely never get one until I'm an old man.

What's sad is we won't get any continuation of the themes and plot threads of MOS even if by some miracle we get a solo Superman movie staring Henry and Amy. They will likely distance themselves from anything Snyder or MOS related. Understandable , given circumstances, but unfortunate.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-09-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Repost from the Superman in JL thread...

Huffington Post did an article about fans' support to Cavill's Superman: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b09ee35b8ae619

Hope Henry is aware of this article and the online movement #CAVILLMVP.

In this Interview/Panel Snyder Explains WHY he was picked to direct Man of Steel.

Oh my God, this is gold

Henry Cavill also answers a question "What are your plans to add to Superman legend?".

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Thanks for this.

When people rant that " omg! Snyder hates Superman! He doesn't get him ! If he loved and got him he'd smile more and he wouldn't have murdered Zod! Man of Muhrdurr!!" They Honestly don't know what they are taking about. He clearly does admire the character. He may take it ultra seriously, but that's admirable.

I enjoyed BvS and Justice League alot, but I feel like we got robbed of something special when Warner's decided to transform these films from purely a Superman trilogy into a backdoor pilot of a DCEU. Yes, Superman's story is very much the heartbeat of BvS and JL, but Superman needed a solid focus for a few movies. Batman got a good self contained trilogy from a singular filmmaker.WW will likely get one.Superman will only sorta kinda get one with Snyder's films, but he had to share it with other characters and the last chapter was at least half of another directors vision. It's depressing Supes will likely never get one until I'm an old man.

What's sad is we won't get any continuation of the themes and plot threads of MOS even if by some miracle we get a solo Superman movie staring Henry and Amy. They will likely distance themselves from anything Snyder or MOS related. Understandable , given circumstances, but unfortunate.
    Well, on the other hand I feel like the general idea of MoS, BvS and JL being a world building trilogy where Superman is a pivotal part and the main inspiration for all this new generation of super heroes to come out into the world is actually quite honorable part. This trilogy just shows how much of an impact Superman is to the world and population, that he affects everything in DC. And now, hopefully, when Superman helped this world to step from the shadows, each of them will get their chance to shine solo multiple times. Just give Henry and Amy two more movies and I will be ok to let DCEU go to be rebooted or something else.

Wow, it seems that there was more dialogue from Clark when he came back to farm after first flight.

I wouldn't accept any other director for a Superman movie who is less passionate than Zack Snyder was during creation of Man of Steel. People might argue forever about this movie, but one thing that is certain is that the man behind it loved what he was doing.

Imma just leave this here.