Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Apokolips dust/pre-Armageddon light

Sunrise.

It cleared up when S & F race
    Nah, there's a weird "filter" for the whole movie, they messed up the color grading and the movie looked cheaper as a result.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-13-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nah, there's a weird "filter" for the whole movie, they messed up the color grading and the movie looked cheaper as a result.
    Oh, I thought they brightened it up during the race (... the suit was certainly bluer than earlier in the movie... (it was a terrible 'looks-like-it-came-from-a-costume-store-for-Halloween' suit but that's a separate issue)).

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Oh, I thought they brightened it up during the race (... the suit was certainly bluer than earlier in the movie... (it was a terrible 'looks-like-it-came-from-a-costume-store-for-Halloween' suit but that's a separate issue)).
    You should look at the videos of the vfx companies that worked to JL, with Snyder's original color grading even Steppenwolf looks better and the scenes have a cinematic feel, instead of look like they belong to a cheap tv-movie like in the TC of JL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I see now:

Justice League did had another freaking Flight scene to parallel Man of Steel after Superman was reborn. Who the hell at WB thought that it should be cut, but Superman being asked if he fought a hippo left? Jesus Christ...
    You are right, Snyder just confirmed on Vero that the Superman storyboard is for JL. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But pretty much most of the damage to Superman was done by Zack Snyder and the other people in charge at the time. Now Snyder is gone and so are most of those other people in charge. So no one knows
    what WB movies will be like in the future. WB got Batman right when Christopher Nolan was making the Batman movies. So WB hasn't always made bad movies. It only started when they let Zack Snyder have
    the keys to the kingdom. And without the legacy of the Zack Snyder Superman and Hamada now in charge WB can start fresh and we could just as easily get a Supergirl movie every bit as good as Wonder Woman
    or the Nolan Batman movies. It will be their Supergirl, not Zack Snyder's dystopian view of the characters.
    It wasn't WB that made the Dark Knight films good, it was Nolan. And that's the Bat. The Bat is the only character WB/DC understand, and all the rest are seen through that Bat-filter. Naturally, trying to make everyone else fit the Batman mold doesn't work, but WB keeps trying.

Wonder Woman was good largely because WB ignored the film and let the director do her job. They didn't have any faith in the property or the film so they wrote it off and didn't stick their annoying little fingers in. Jenkins did great work with minimal oversight but now that the IP has proven viable let's see how badly WB screw up the sequel.

The current era of WB/DC movies is utterly terrible and embarrassing. We've seen several changes in WB's management since Man of Steel came out, but the result for DC films is still the same. And Snyder isn't the problem, or Suicide Squad would've been a good movie.

I have some slim hope that Shazam might slip through the cracks like Wonder Woman did and end up being a good time, but the studio has proven, time and again, that they don't deserve my trust and the problem isn't Snyder and never was.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

History of the perfect casting:

"First test with Henry... I knew right away he was my Superman"

"This was the shot I did to show the studio that this was my Superman... they agreed. Got the suit from Warner archives and Henry honored it's Legacy"

"First time in costume... First photo"

Master Hero Vladimir

History of the perfect casting:

"First test with Henry... I knew right away he was my Superman"

"This was the shot I did to show the studio that this was my Superman... they agreed. Got the suit from Warner archives and Henry honored it's Legacy"

"First time in costume... First photo"

Henry deserves better!

MAN OF STEEL | 'BIRTH OF A LEGEND' SUPERMAN TRIBUTE

MAN OF STEEL | 'BIRTH OF A LEGEND' SUPERMAN TRIBUTE

The best thing about Man of Steel is how sci-fi it made Superman, more than anything live action before and that's important to show that Superman stories go to infinity and beyond.

I wonder what's the real deal with Henry's manager regarding Henry as Superman in the future.

She seems pretty confident to me. She knows more than tells. or she's really cruel and likes to troll us..

The best thing about Man of Steel is how sci-fi it made Superman, more than anything live action before and that's important to show that Superman stories go to infinity and beyond.
    I wonder if in in the future, Superman's origin will take inspiration from MoS. It took decades for the Donner stuff to crept into the comics, and for now the MoS influences were minimal (S=Hope, Faora design).

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I wonder what's the real deal with Henry's manager regarding Henry as Superman in the future.

She seems pretty confident to me. She knows more than tells. or she's really cruel and likes to troll us..
    I guess she's still negotiating but WB is like...

I wonder if in in the future, Superman's origin will take inspiration from MoS. It took decades for the Donner stuff to crept into the comics, and for now the MoS influences were minimal (S=Hope, Faora design).
    I hope it will with time. I also like S design better in MoS than comics one and I like liquid metal over crystals any day.