Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1137
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Gonna finish this appreciation sequence with one of the best pieces of dialogues from Man of Steel where Lois Lane points at how Clark can't help himself helping others.

Oh, yeah, I would also like to appreciate that DCEU gave Kal best Jor-El he could ever ask for

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit sad, but maybe, just maybe, this will help Warner and DC reconsider their attitude towards Superman.
    I hope so. IMO, it's their fault not Superman's. They don't understand him. They try to change him too much into something he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

I LOVE this scene. Playful Superman is heartwarming and very true to his optimistic nature.

Man of Steel is funny like that without making it look like a circus with clowns. Subtle sense of humor that is so underappreciated.
    I really dig Man of Steel and like a lot of BvS. I'm not a Snyder hater, but I really think his version of Superman is too grim. It's not inviting enough for general audiences and even some fans.

I guess heads at Warner Brothers are indeed a bunch of idiots and imbeciles if they seriously thought that what they decided to release as Justice League is a better movie than the one the had all this time.

I guess heads at Warner Brothers are indeed a bunch of idiots and imbeciles if they seriously thought that what they decided to release as Justice League is a better movie than the one the had all this time.
    ... you seriously think they "thought"? At that time I guess a cage full of monkeys in heat where calmer and more collected than the WB execs. One of their heads run past Whedon, gave him 10 bucks and yelled, "you there, fix that. By tomorrow. This is your budget". I'm convinced if Snyder and Whedon had the chance to properly sit together and make a 150min version it would have been a masterpiece. I did liked it as it was released, but I can easily see how it could have been really awesome.

"You don't miss a day, do you?"

So as I understand, Justice League was originally opening with a much longer scene of Lois Lane feeling the loss of Superman and we were meant to relate to that loss through his closest person.

Here is a bit more on the storyboard

Jason Laboy Photography @Jason24cf

Back in June I met with Marc McClure. I spoke with him about his role in #JusticeLeague He mentioned to me that he had 4 scenes with Amy Adams. Marc said that his character “would drive Lois to the memorial site often”. Today Zack shared his story board for that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    ... you seriously think they "thought"? At that time I guess a cage full of monkeys in heat where calmer and more collected than the WB execs. One of their heads run past Whedon, gave him 10 bucks and yelled, "you there, fix that. By tomorrow. This is your budget". I'm convinced if Snyder and Whedon had the chance to properly sit together and make a 150min version it would have been a masterpiece. I did liked it as it was released, but I can easily see how it could have been really awesome.
    No doubt Justice League could have been a lot better if it hadn't been so rushed, but I highly doubt Snyder's version would be more loved by most fans and general audiences like his fans think.. Warner Bros lost faith in his vision for the DC characters for a reason. I mean, the solo Aquaman film doesn't look like his vision for Aquaman based on the scenes he filmed w/ Jason Momoa (he looks very serious and angry imo), and Patty Jenkins had to do changes to Wonder Woman's story because she didn't believe Diana would abandon mankind for a century.

I think Snyder's cut was darker than what WB expected and needed for the JL film after how BvS was received. For some reason, I don't think Zack delivered the more optimistic and fun film WB wanted.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 12-05-2018 at 08:34 AM.