Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1137
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Hah! WB dropping the ball again! what, it wasn't enough to ruin Snyder's movies and his plan?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

BANNED

Are we sure Amy wasn't being sarcastic with that? It sounded like she was humouring the hearsay a bit...maybe that's just me being far too hopeful

Master Hero Vladimir

The lack of information on new Superman movies is destroying me! What are Warner and DC doing!?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I don't want to wait another decade just to watch another Superman movie on the big screen! This is sad and depressing...
    I'd rather not get another Superman movie at all than get a sh*tty one again.

What's the point, if the movie is just going to be terrible? MoS was an excellent movie, but BvS was horrid and JL was a great example of WB/DC learning all the wrong lessons from their mistakes and over-reacting in their typical knee-jerk fashion.

Screw 'em all. They dont deserve Superman.

I've washed my hands of the DCEU. My kids might drag me to one of the movies now and then (Shazam, mostly) but I'm not supporting this garbage any more than I have to for their sakes. Call me when someone with a gods damned brain is in charge. When DC can give me a movie at least as good as the worst MCU film, I'll start to give a sh*t but until they can entertain me as much as Iron Man 3, the only thing their movies will do is piss me off more than I already am.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

What's the point, if the movie is just going to be terrible? MoS was an excellent movie, but BvS was horrid and JL was a great example of WB/DC learning all the wrong lessons from their mistakes and over-reacting in their typical knee-jerk fashion.

I've washed my hands of the DCEU. My kids might drag me to one of the movies now and then (Shazam, mostly) but I'm not supporting this garbage any more than I have to for their sakes. Call me when someone with a gods damned brain is in charge. When DC can give me a movie at least as good as the worst MCU film, I'll start to give a sh*t but until they can entertain me as much as Iron Man 3, the only thing their movies will do is piss me off more than I already am.
    Don't get me wrong; I've genuinely enjoyed the DCEU and Superman's portrayal in it, thanks mostly to Henry Cavill's acting, but I strongly disagree with some of the choices the people in charge of the DCEU have made. They have shown no vested interest in Superman as a cinematic property with true agency and independence, instead they just use him as a gateway for other cinematic properties with steadier and more available economic revenue. Superman could have been the DCEU's golden ticket, the character that could have allowed Warner and DC to explore the more fantastic and surreal elements of the cinematic universe they have just created. Instead, they are tossing him to the sidelines and moving on to other characters. I have nothing against Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman; I'm excited for their movies and I'm sure there are other people who have been waiting a long time for them to get a full cinematic treatment. However, those characters are not Superman, they will never be Superman, and Warner and DC are wrong for trying them to get to replace Superman. I still have this naïve hope that Warner and DC will learn from their mistakes and move forward with another Superman; and if not, they can use their other characters to keep pushing cinematic boundaries in the foreseeable future, but my level of emotional investment in the DCEU has decreased significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Same. And the character really can't afford another very divisive film. He needs a film general audiences and most fans get behind and support. It can be done, IMO. I think the animated Death of Superman movie was loved by most who saw it. I definitely feel it did the character justice. We need a visionary who understands the character like Richard Donner did, but without the campy humor. Someone interested in celebrating the best of the character, not someone (like Snyder) who is more interested in showing how badass, edgy or angry Superman can be because the world doesn't understand him. That's the Superman Snyder sees mostly, IMO. A Superman that doesn't fit in this world because we are too damaged to get him. A Superman and Clark Kent without charm. It seems general audiences got the message and gave their back to him too..

Any way, I'm a Superman fan first. By far. I like the DC universe. Always have since I was a child, but Superman is my biggest love (and Star Trek). I think Aquaman looks exciting. But I always wanted to see movies about the legend of Atlantis. However, I'm not excited about the DC movies like I used to be anymore. I can't help it. Without Superman flying in the movies, I just don't care. I might watch Shazam, but I'm not sure.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Same. And the character really can't afford another very divisive film. He needs a film general audiences and most fans get behind and support. It can be done, IMO. I think the animated Death of Superman movie was loved by most who saw it. I definitely feel it did the character justice. We need a visionary who understands the character like Richard Donner did, but without the campy humor. Someone interested in celebrating the best of the character, not someone (like Snyder) who is more interested in showing how badass, edgy or angry Superman can be because the world doesn't understand him. That's the Superman Snyder sees mostly, IMO. A Superman that doesn't fit in this world because we are too damaged to get him. A Superman and Clark Kent without charm. It seems general audiences got the message and gave their back to him too..

Any way, I'm a Superman fan first. By far. I like the DC universe. Always have since I was a child, but Superman is my biggest love (and Star Trek). I think Aquaman looks exciting. But I always wanted to see movies about the legend of Atlantis. However, I'm not excited about the DC movies like I used to be anymore. I can't help it. Without Superman flying in the movies, I just don't care. I might watch Shazam, but I'm not sure.
    Man of Steel was a great start for the DCEU Superman. Warner and DC should dedicated their time and resources to a solo film to continue Superman's character development instead of rushing things with a confrontation with Batman. Again, I'd like to say that I've enjoyed the Superman trilogy in the DCEU, but the story featured in those movies needed some serious polishing. I don't blame Warner and DC for trying to do something new and unexpected with Superman; in fact I praise them for such attitude because I don't want Superman to become a parody himself. I just think the development and execution could have been better. Henry's acting and the themes on those movies had a positive impact in my movie experience and ultimately left me wanting for more.

And no, I don't think I'm being a shill for liking DCEU Superman better than Smallville Superman or New 52 Superman. I genuinely like this version of the character and definitely see potential in DCEU Superman moving forward. I just don't think Warner and DC don't have as much faith in the character and his mythos as they had during Christopher Reeve's era. Superman is my favorite DC character and it hurts me to see that he is getting sidelined, even if it is for the good of the franchise.

Man of Steel was a great start for the DCEU Superman. Warner and DC should dedicated their time and resources to a solo film to continue Superman's character development instead of rushing things with a confrontation with Batman. Again, I'd like to say that I've enjoyed the Superman trilogy in the DCEU, but the story featured in those movies needed some serious polishing. I don't blame Warner and DC for trying to do something new and unexpected with Superman; in fact I praise them for such attitude because I don't want Superman to become a parody himself. I just think the development and execution could have been better. Henry's acting and the themes on those movies had a positive impact in my movie experience and ultimately left me wanting for more.

And no, I don't think I'm being a shill for liking DCEU Superman better than Smallville Superman or New 52 Superman. I genuinely like this version of the character and definitely see potential in DCEU Superman moving forward. I just don't think Warner and DC don't have as much faith in the character and his mythos as they had during Christopher Reeve's era. Superman is my favorite DC character and it hurts me to see that he is getting sidelined, even if it is for the good of the franchise.
    Look, I understand you; I didn't hate Henry's Superman like some others. I loved Henry in the role. But I also understand why many didn't care or didn't fall in love with him like they did Gal's WW (and it seems, Momoa's Aquaman now too). Snyder's sensibility wasn't right for Superman. It was lacking in the lighthearted and charm departments. His vision was too grim. It wasn't inviting and enjoyable enough for mainstream audiences. Yes, lots of harcore fan liked it. I like some of it too, but I don't totally blame those that can't. Snyder's execution was very lacking, and WB lack of patience was also very damaging. I think Superman really needed a solo sequel to establish him firmly as that beacon of hope we were just told about in JL. Sure, Superman saved people, BUT we never saw him enjoying it. We didn't see him interacting with regular people in charming ways. That's Superman to me. He loves to help because he can. He has a lot of compassion.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 12-08-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Look, I understand you; I didn't hate Henry's Superman like some others. I loved Henry in the role. But I also understand why many didn't care or didn't fall in love with him like they did Gal's WW (and it seems, Momoa's Aquaman now too). Snyder's sensibility wasn't right for Superman. It was lacking in the lighthearted and charm departments. His vision was too grim. It wasn't inviting and enjoyable enough for mainstream audiences. Yes, lots of harcore fan liked it. I like some of it too, but I don't totally blame those that can't. Snyder's execution was very lacking, and WB lack of patience was also very damaging. I think Superman really needed a solo sequel to establish him firmly as that beacon of hope we were just told about in JL. Sure, Superman saved people, BUT we never saw him enjoying it. We didn't see him interacting with regular people in charming ways. That's Superman to me. He loves to help because he can. He was a lot of compassion.
    I agree with this sentiment. A lot of people did not like DCEU Superman's movies and they are not wrong for disliking them; just like I am not wrong for liking them. I can understand why DCEU Superman was so controversial among casual fans and average moviegoers, who make up a huge percentage of the DC Extended Universe's potential consumer base. However, I do believe that a solo movie would have been a good way to continue Superman's character development. I loved Batman v. Superman but it wasn't enough for me. I loved Justice League but it wasn't enough for me. No, I don't think I contradict myself when I say that I've enjoyed those movies and still take issue with the way they portrayed Superman. You might say that I set my expectations too high, what was I supposed to do? Keep my expectations low because Superman has to share the spotlight with other heroes? Snyder probably didn't have the right vision for the character and his mythos, and I wouldn't mind if another director was handled creative control over the Superman franchise. Man of Steel was a good Superman movie, I can even say without shame that it is my favorite Superman movie, but its potential as the starting point for a new film series starring Superman was left unfulfilled because, again, Warner and DC rushed to create a cinematic universe instead of devoting time and resources to their most iconic superhero. Superman deserves better, Henry Cavill deserves better and the fans deserve better.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 12-08-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Grammar check.

I agree with this sentiment. A lot of people did not like DCEU Superman's movies and they are not wrong for disliking them; just like I am not wrong for liking them. I can understand why DCEU Superman was so controversial among casual fans and average moviegoers, who make up a huge percentage of the DC Extended Universe's potential consumer base. However, I do believe that a solo movie would have been a good way to continue Superman's character development. I loved Batman v. Superman but it wasn't enough for me. I loved Justice League but it wasn't enough for me. No, I don't think I contradict myself when I say that I've enjoyed those movies and still take issue with the way they portrayed Superman. You might say that I set my expectations too high, what was I supposed to do? Keep my expectations low because Superman has to share the spotlight with other heroes? Snyder probably didn't have the right vision for the character and his mythos, and I wouldn't mind if another director was handled creative control over the Superman franchise. Man of Steel was a good Superman movie, I can even say without shame that it is my favorite Superman movie, but its potential as the starting point for a new film series starring Superman was left unfulfilled because, again, Warner and DC rushed to create a cinematic universe instead of devoting time and resources to their most iconic superhero. Superman deserves better, Henry Cavill deserves better and the fans deserve better.
    I completely agree. WB really did so much damage. And I won't bully anyone for liking the Snyder or JL movies. Everyone should be free to like what they want. I really dislike those trolls who tell me I'm wrong for liking something like a movie or show. It's so personal and we are all different. Believe me, I get you. Let's hope some day someone has a vision for Superman in live action that excites most people.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Jason Momoa Responds To Reports Ben Affleck And Henry Cavill Are Leaving DC Movies

“Henry is the gentlemen who taught me when I came on not knowing anything. I’m like the ruffian hooligan, and he’s just like, ‘There’s kids watching,’ and I’m like, ‘Oh, yeah. My bad.’ He is totally 100 percent the Superman for me.”

Gonna be honest without Superman I'm going to lose some interest in the rest of the DCEU. I still plan on seeing all the films that are actually coming out but it's just hard to imagine a DC world without Superman. Perhaps it's just bias on my part since Man of Steel was the first Superman I saw in theaters. Anyway I still maintain my belief that a true MoS sequel should've followed the original before a BvS.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Gonna be honest without Superman I'm going to lose some interest in the rest of the DCEU. I still plan on seeing all the films that are actually coming out but it's just hard to imagine a DC world without Superman. Perhaps it's just bias on my part since Man of Steel was the first Superman I saw in theaters. Anyway I still maintain my belief that a true MoS sequel should've followed the original before a BvS.
    I have said before and I'll say it again, there needed to be a Superman sequel between MOS and BvS. There are a lot of wonderful and interesting ideas about Superman's relationship to the world and it's reaction to him and how even the best of intentions can lead to unintended bad consequences, but Snyder and WB just packed too much into BvS.

The MOS sequel should have started with Lex Luthor's side of the events of the Black Zero incident.Perhaps set it up that Lex Sr. dies in that event which sets up the conflict over the next two movies.

The sequel would focus on the themes of the world reacting to this strange visitor. Introduce some of the smaller side characters from BVS like Senator Finch,Mercy and even Scoot McNairy's character. Metal-0 (funded by Lex of course)could have been Supes main physical opponent. By the end of the movie the public is starting to fully trust their hero and the memorial Park from BvS is unveiled.Of course this doesn't please Lex at all...which then sets up BvS. That movie can happen largely the same as before but now the MOS sequel set up virtually everyone and did all the world building heavy lifting which allows the focus to be on the conflict between Supes and Bats and more cleanly sets up JL.

Oh, and instead of Luthor creating Zodsday...he takes Zods corpse, blends some of Superman's DNA and his own to create subject B-Zero who goes on a similar rampage near the end and it still ends with Superman either dead or somehow incapacitated (perhaps the battle with Bizarro leaves Supes powerless or in a coma or missing in action) which still motivates Batman and Wonder Woman to bring together the JL.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-09-2018 at 02:13 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BvS starts two years after MoS time has passed. You don't wonder how Luke is Rogue Leader at the start of Empire do you? My one complaint about MoS is they didn't juxtapose Superman pulling people out of the rubble (which he did, that's cannon) with him getting the Job at the DP. I think people would have forgiven everything else they found objectionable.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I have said before and I'll say it again, there needed to be a Superman sequel between MOS and BvS. There are a lot of wonderful and interesting ideas about Superman's relationship to the world and it's reaction to him and how even the best of intentions can lead to unintended bad consequences, but Snyder and WB just packed too much into BvS.

The MOS sequel should have started with Lex Luthor's side of the events of the Black Zero incident.Perhaps set it up that Lex Sr. dies in that event which sets up the conflict over the next two movies.

The sequel would focus on the themes of the world reacting to this strange visitor. Introduce some of the smaller side characters from BVS like Senator Finch,Mercy and even Scoot McNairy's character. Metal-0 (funded by Lex of course)could have been Supes main physical opponent. By the end of the movie the public is starting to fully trust their hero and the memorial Park from BvS is unveiled.Of course this doesn't please Lex at all...which then sets up BvS. That movie can happen largely the same as before but now the MOS sequel set up virtually everyone and did all the world building heavy lifting which allows the focus to be on the conflict between Supes and Bats and more cleanly sets up JL.

Oh, and instead of Luthor creating Zodsday...he takes Zods corpse, blends some of Superman's DNA and his own to create subject B-Zero who goes on a similar rampage near the end and it still ends with Superman either dead or somehow incapacitated (perhaps the battle with Bizarro leaves Supes powerless or in a coma or missing in action) which still motivates Batman and Wonder Woman to bring together the JL.
    All of this is exactly why there needed to be a proper MoS sequel before anything else. Flesh out Clark's supporting cast, give more insight on his relationship with Lois, have him interacting with the people he's saved. One thing I liked in Justice League was the opening scene where he is getting interviewed by the kids, something like that would've been lovely.

Now Wallace Keefe would have been a great Metallo given his predicament and he would've provided a little easter egg with him being a Wayne employee. Seems like a missed opportunity there. Now while I did like the way Doomsday came to be, reminded me of the DCAU, he could've been saved for a later movie.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.