Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Not a fan.

Catwoman's basically a damsel who needs Batman to save her from getting in over her head with Red Claw.

Plus I hate that Catwoman gets arrested at the end which basically ruins her character since her identity is now public knowledge.

Also unpopular opinion but I personally hate the gray costume the series give her. It's just too boring.
    As brilliant BTAS is, Catwoman definitely was a damsel in distress A LOT throughout the series. I'd actually bet that some series afterward (The Batman) actually handled Catwoman better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    As brilliant BTAS is, Catwoman definitely was a damsel in distress A LOT throughout the series. I'd actually bet that some series afterward (The Batman) actually handled Catwoman better.
    The Batman in my opinion did handle Catwoman better than the animated series did.

I really disliked the changes to her character and design in Season 4. I get they had to move on, but the love lost between Batman and Catwoman was a bummer.

I disliked all the character design changes when they went to S4. Catwoman lost her sumptuousness and everyone lost their “style.”

Plus I hate that Catwoman gets arrested at the end which basically ruins her character since her identity is now public knowledge.
    I thought that was the perfect capstone to the two-parter and Batman's dilemma and drama over his relationship with Catwoman.

I don't think having a public identity was that much of a problem for Selina since she seemed to get by fine in-spite of it. Even Bronze Age Catwoman was active despite being publicly known as a Supervillain/criminal.

Were you hoping they would play more with the fact that she's a socialite who's also secretly a cat burglar?
    Also unpopular opinion but I personally hate the gray costume the series give her. It's just too boring.
    Personally I thought the grey and black meshed very well together and I really liked her belt .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Were you hoping they would play more with the fact that she's a socialite who's also secretly a cat burglar?
    I wouldn't have minded.

I really just wanted to have some fun Catwoman episodes that show off the fun playful side of the character, instead we got garbage like "Cat Scratch Fever" where once again Catwoman is a damsel and Batman has to get the antidote to save her.

In "Almost Got 'Im" she needs to be saved again.

And than there's "Tyger, Tyger" where she's kidnapped and turned into a cat.

Catwoman just really isn't a fun cool character in the animated series. In the comics Catwoman could take care of herself, but we really don't see that side of her personality in the animated series.
    Last edited by WeirdSpider; 02-23-2018 at 09:31 PM.

I wouldn't have minded.

I really just wanted to have some fun Catwoman episodes that show off the fun playful side of the character, instead we got garbage like "Cat Scratch Fever" where once again Catwoman is a damsel and Batman has to get the antidote to save her.

Catwoman just really isn't a fun cool character in the animated series. In the comics Catwoman could take care of herself, but we really don't see that side of her personality in the animated series.
    I think she still came off as a fun, playful, character in-spite of the situations she ended up being in, but that's just me...

Incredible Member

I wouldn't have minded.

As much as I love the show Catwoman definitely got some weak starring episodes (although at least in "Almost Got 'Im" she got to save Batman first for a change), Cat & The Claw gets sidetracked by the Red Claw/Terorist subplot when it should have just focused on Batman & Catwoman and Cat Scratch Fever could have been a lot better (Daggett's plan is actually pretty clever for example), I think Tyger Tyger is an interesting episode although its just basically "The Island of Dr Moreau" starring Batman however "Catwalk" and "Batgirl Returns" are great showcases for her
    Last edited by JAG2045; 02-24-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Maven was a hottie and I enjoyed her dynamic with Selina. It's a pity she gradually disappeared, wanted to see more of her. She had a blink and miss it cameo in the Batman and Harley Quinn movie, dancing in the Villains' Sidekick club which I thought was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maven was a hottie and I enjoyed her dynamic with Selina. It's a pity she gradually disappeared, wanted to see more of her. She had a blink and miss it cameo in the Batman and Harley Quinn movie, dancing in the Villains' Sidekick club which I thought was cute.
    Maven continues the long line of Catwoman sidekicks to eventually just vanish over time .

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

The Batman in my opinion did handle Catwoman better than the animated series did.
    Agreed. I have nothing against TAS's version of Catwoman but man was she saddled with some terrible episodes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I thought the black costume was ok, was never a fan of the blue skin though! Did she have frostbite or something?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20070803143515
    http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/File:Catwoman_revamped.jpg
    Yup or kissed by Mr Freeze, LOL.

And i meant production in 1991, not 1992 for Batman Returns as 1992 June was the release date and production for Returns began in May 1991 while TAS was already in production while in June WB forced to make Timm have some Returns tie ins.