View Poll Results: Which crisis do you prefer?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crisis on infinite earth

32 50.79%
  • Identity Crisis

5 7.94%
  • Infinite Crisis

10 15.87%
  • Final Crisis

16 25.40%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Which Crisis do you prefer?

We have had several crises in the DC universe. They have all promised to be game-changing; some actually delivered, while others haven't. Which ones were the best?

BANNED

One of these threads pops up every other month, I swear...also, you forgot Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time.

My favorite is Crisis on Infinite Earths because it's the only one I'd call "good." Zero Hour is okay, Final Crisis is meh, and Infinite Crisis and ESPECIALLY Identity Crisis are steaming hot piles of crap.

The original was the only one really worth anything, both in terms of quantity of what it changed, and in regards to just the quality of the story told itself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Can we add 'Dark Crisis' to the list because that was the Name DC wanted for Metal but Snyder refused to call it that?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...l-dark-crisis/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Final Crisis. Nowhere near my favorite of Morrison's works, not too thrilled about the Wonder Woman related elements, and it kind of goes up its own ass at times to the point it's hard to tell what is going one, in typical Morrison fashion.

But the first Crisis, despite being a good story up until the last couple issues, is one of DC's biggest mistakes. Infinite Crisis is pretty bad, and Identity Crisis is legitimately awful. So Final Crisis wins simply because it's the easiest to enjoy and the least harmful to the universe around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    One of these threads pops up every other month, I swear...also, you forgot Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time.

My favorite is Crisis on Infinite Earths because it's the only one I'd call "good." Zero Hour is okay, Final Crisis is meh, and Infinite Crisis and ESPECIALLY Identity Crisis are steaming hot piles of crap.
    Yeah guess I started the last one Sorry!
    My order is the same.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

COIE and it's not even close. Reading that series right off the racks when it came out made me a fan of DC. Up until that point, I was almost exclusively reading Marvel.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

i didn't like Final Crisis when i first read it. the fact that it didn't connect to the weekly series Countdown (to FINAL CRISIS!) or Death of the New Gods, even though DC made everyone think it would, just made it confusing and poorly planned out. a few years later i read the Absolute Edition. i had time to forget the Countdown and DotNG and read Final Crisis as a stand alone (as it was meant to be read). i realized just how brilliant FC truly is! the Absolute Edition includes a few pages that were cut out when it was released. they sum up Superman's encounter with Darkseid a lot better. i now regard Final Crisis as one of the best comics ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i now regard Final Crisis as one of the best comics ever.
    Agreed, Final Crisis is a modern-day masterpiece.

Infinite Crisis had better tie-ins, consistent art and by itself, was a far more enjoyable read than Final Crisis or CoIE.
    I say this as a massive Grant Morrison fan boy and own most of his work in trade.

Final Crisis to me felt like he was writing with two hands tied behind his back.
    It's still a great story but the changes in art and the feeling that he did'nt get to tell his story in full were flaws i can't ignore.
    Multiversity was him writing with less restrictions and was a far more consistent read.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

While not listed, I really wanted to vote for "Crisis on Earth-One!"/"Crisis on Earth-Two!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    While not listed, I really wanted to vote for "Crisis on Earth-One!"/"Crisis on Earth-Two!"
    I actually do agree with you that these are better than any of the choices.

Crisis on Infinite Earths by leaps and bounds.
    While it really didn't fix the DC Universe it was still a great story.
    I didn't like any of the others.

I haven't read CoIE or the tie-ins to the rest, but out of these I'd say Identity Crisis is the best for sure. Infinite Crisis might've been awesome if I had known more history of the DCU, but from my perspective it felt just a little bloated and over-the-top. Fun read though.

I hated Final Crisis though.

EDIT: And I would say that, if you're really including Identity Crisis as an official 'Crisis' event (which I think it should be), then Zero Hour (definitely this one; I mean the subtitle is literally 'Crisis in Time') Flashpoint, and Dark Nights should probably be included. There's probably a few I'm forgetting that should count too.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 10-30-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I meant to vote for CoIE but did Infinite Crisis, whoops.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics