Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I really can't see Levi in this role and not have him bulking up to some degree.

Especially if he's going to end up going against Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam at some point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    This movie and Aquaman are the two DC movies I am really looking forward to.
    They are literally the only two DCEU movies, save Wonder Woman 2, that I think have a chance of being "Good." Not amazing, but "good."

Retired

Christopher Reeve was about the same height and quite skinny before he was cast as Superman, then bulked up to play Superman. They were going to pad his suit, but he insisted on getting his body in the right condition for the Man of Steel.

These days, virually every super-hero has padding and it's not like Captain Marvel needs to be really bulky. He was originally designed to look like Fred MacMurray.

I'm one of those who does not believe the Big Red Cheese is simply an older version of Billy. Billy can look different from Cap. Michael Gray didn't look like Jackson Bostwick or John Davey. In the Jerry Ordway run, Cap was an idealized version of Billy's father, C.C. Batson.

Given this is New Line, I don't think this movie needs to be that closely connected or even in the same universe as the other DC movies.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would have never thought of him for this role, but the more I think about it the more I like it. He seems to be the kind of guy who can really pull off the kid in an adult body vibe I am pretty sure they will go for. I am sure that by the time they start filming he will have buffed up some.

BANNED

I just love how the doubters/naysayers are going by looks, and not acting, which I contend is FAR more important. Dude's a lanky guy; he can and will put more muscle on---it's been done before. I think it's quite doable to get him to Christopher Reeve as Superman level. And that works here.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Chris Hemsworth was slim before he was Thor and on Aussie soap opera home and away. Actors in Hollywood can bulk up easily enough in Hollywood these days thanks to having personal trainers and nutritionists on call.

I still remember him as the guy from Chuck, eh, at least they got an actor and not some stupid meme (John Cena).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really can't see Levi in this role and not have him bulking up to some degree.

Especially if he's going to end up going against Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam at some point.
    John campea sad levi was getting bulky the last time he saw him.
    It's possible that he was cast awhile ago.

BANNED

Well, this is a massive improvement over that John Cena nonsens.

And as a big fan of "Chuck" I think it's great to see Levi get a bigger superhero role than last time.

Ultimate Member

Given the amazing transformations we've seen from actors like Henry Cavill or Chris Pratt or Chris Evans, I'm less worried about the physique of who they cast, than the acting chops, and having seen Levi on Chuck, I think he's got that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, this is a massive improvement over that John Cena nonsens.

And as a big fan of "Chuck" I think it's great to see Levi get a bigger superhero role than last time.
    Agreed! So glad they didn’t go that direction.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has Shazam ever been portrayed that way? Off the top of my head I can't recall him ever *not* being a huge guy.

As for the casting.....not someone I ever would have considered, but he seems like a good actor from what little I've seen (never watched Chuck). So.....sure? Honestly, I have roughly 0.05% interest in any DC film anyway so I dont really have a horse in this race. Mostly Im just pissed that Man of Steel 2 wasn't listed as one of the films going into production next year.
    this is man of steel 2 Superman will lilket show up here expose his vulnerability to magic
    and shazzam will save th day lookins g cooler in comparison

So that's the third Chuck alumnus to play a DC character.

Astonishing Member

Excellent. Now we're getting more solid developments, perhaps there'll finally be a "Shazam" book actually published. He's one of the more strikingly MIA characters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Excellent. Now we're getting more solid developments, perhaps there'll finally be a "Shazam" book actually published. He's one of the more strikingly MIA characters right now.
    I would add that to my pull list in a heart beat! Supposedly he is going to appear in Metal.