Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    As Petey / MJ is number one on my list, on upmost priority, No Peter / MJ = No New Spider-Buy from me.
    I don't see it being reversed any time soon, I'm afraid. Would you accept dating, a new marriage, or does the pre-existing continuity have to be re-instated? I'm just interested.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I don't see it being reversed any time soon, I'm afraid. Would you accept dating, a new marriage, or does the pre-existing continuity have to be re-instated? I'm just interested.
    Something, as long as it is not a "Just hanging out, because we're (only) best friends" deal, nor it be "ship teasing", because giving false hope for only one brief moment is like teasing a kid with a lollipop, by showing it, before yanking it back, saying "Nyah Nyah, You Can't Have It!".

I'm not getting this. Are you saying that Mary Jane and Peter shouldn't ever have scenes together unless it leads directly to them getting back together?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not getting this. Are you saying that Mary Jane and Peter shouldn't ever have scenes together unless it leads directly to them getting back together?
    If Peter wants to "hang out" with a "buddy", there's also always Flash, or Harry, or Randy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's not what God put women on this Earth for, Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    As i have been very vocal about the fact that i'm anti marriage even i don't understand do you want to go back to the marriage and then forwarded, what if by moving forward the marriage was left behind
    I would have been alright with the marriage ending if it hadn't been done in the way it was. The ground work for a divorce had been laid, so it wouldn't have come out of left field if things went that way. I just don't like the fact that instead of ending the marriage while also progressing the story, Marvel opted instead to just reset things and act like they never happened at all. It hit me the wrong way, and as a result I have lost interest in the character. I haven't even seen the movies. I don't care about Spiderman anymore.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

No.Thank.You.

1996 - Throughout Benjamin Reilly's term as Spider-Man, sure, some of it was OK; but my consistent pick-up was Kurt Busiek's Untold Tales of Spider-Man, on old-school Peter Parker, with old school villains, including Vulture and Electro who wasn't used in present Spider-Titles that peroid; let alone both villain Green Goblin and male Doctor Octopus was dead.

1997-1998 - Even during Pete's return - Amazing still had its moments; Rose was one of my favorite Spider-Villains, regardless of being clueless of who was under his mask, before it realized as spineless wimp Jacob Connover; but my consistent Spidey was J M Dematteis' Spectacular; busting out all the surprise villains in Jack O' Lantern, Kangaroo, Grizzly, Gibbon, Spot, White Rabbit; the awesome master scheme of the Chameleon; and Norman Osborn's ascend up the Daily Bugle.

2002-2005 - JMS, while aknowledge him for his extensive storytelling with planning, I shall give him for what he did for May and MJ; however, I am not a "Totem" guy. I actually preferred Paul Jenkins' titles (Peter Parker, Spectacular) that peroid.

2006-2007 - Even during "Civil War" and "Back In Black", my favored title that worked around that peroid, was Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

2008 - : I've got nothin'. Don't like Amazing, tough. No alternatives around it.
    An Untold Tales book would be different than a typical satellite title, as it would be set in a different time period than Amazing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Thats the same problem with the MU as a whole, so correct me if i'm wrong you want Peter to quit the avengers(not likely) and only do the odd guest spot but as a whole he is on his own. Not a fan of this myself but whatever floats your boat.

I would disagree why shouldn't changes in Peter's Life appear in his other guest spots consistence thy enemy name is Marvel

I don't agree that it was awesome, for me it was actually wrong and sent the entire wrong message, the whole 'Superior' run is a bittersweet because Otto broken the law because he thought he was smarter than Peter (NO), better at being Spider-Man (HELL NO) the very idea that it was called superior makes me sick, the only saving grace is that I knew it was a short term change.

This should be a given on Spider-Man as from what i can recall it is one of Marvel's Highest Selling Books

As i have been very vocal about the fact that i'm anti marriage even i don't understand do you want to go back to the marriage and then forwarded, what if by moving forward the marriage was left behind

Only if they star Spider-Man (i don't want another wolverine)

I'm not his biggest fan either but Aruran does have a point Marvel is a business if it aint selling things will change very quickly
    I'm indifferent on Spider-Man being in the Avengers. My problem is with multiple titles that follow Peter Parker's private life. I don't think it works well in the current market.

It's okay for other non-Spider-Man titles to reflect changes in Peter's life, partly because those books would be unlikely to change things for Spidey.

A concern I have as a fan is if my tastes are suddenly out of the mainstream, if comics I didn't care for were suddenly really popular, influencing the Spider-Man comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An Untold Tales book would be different than a typical satellite title, as it would be set in a different time period than Amazing Spider-Man.
    Would you consider LTC a satellite title too then? Or a side series. They both have a similar take by going into Peter's past. I mean most of of these satellite titles last for about 20-40 issues nowadays. I know before they got into the 100s, but I just don't see that happening anymore in this market. The best selling book will end up being the main book, while the other two will get scraped.

For me personally, I would want a 40 page issue per week, for 52 weeks, for the next 20 years. For free.

But at the end of the day, I just want Amazing stories. Like the idea of Superior Spider-Man was something I didn't know I would be interested in, and while it had some missteps, it was still one of the best stories made in the last 8 years by Marvel.

So I guess I'll be open to things that show hard work, not things that seem half-assed (coughBlackCatbeingavillaincough)

I would like to see Peter and MJ together again, but at the same time if they don't wanna write then I don't wanna force them to write something they don't like.

Norman is really useless, same with Harry. They should kill off one of them and just use the other more often. Both are just overkill.

More focused on the Peter Parker side, not on the Amazing Spider-Man side.

Spider-Jameson for Spider-Verse (the irony)

BANNED

A better balance between Peter and Spider-Man life, the return of Chance, and Roderick Hobgoblin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    2nd reply on that: at least re-retcon "One Moment In Time" to something else; I know, I know, today's all about "Friends With Benefits"; Not in my World! Re-writing twenty years of once sanctified marriage into "sleeping together", is nothing less than an insult.

2nd reply on that: at least re-retcon "One Moment In Time" to something else; I know, I know, today's all about "Friends With Benefits"; Not in my World! Re-writing twenty years of once sanctified marriage into "sleeping together", is nothing less than an insult.
    "Sleeping together"? What? They were a couple! They just weren't married. Some people take very long to marry, or they may never do - this has been the reality of life, for the last 35 years or so, in most Western countries.

I really don't agree with the way you seem to look at unmarried couples.

Not in my World!
    This is your world?

I'm going to have to see a receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Would you consider LTC a satellite title too then? Or a side series. They both have a similar take by going into Peter's past. I mean most of of these satellite titles last for about 20-40 issues nowadays. I know before they got into the 100s, but I just don't see that happening anymore in this market. The best selling book will end up being the main book, while the other two will get scraped.
    At the moment, LTC is a mini-series. I wouldn't be surprised if its success leads Marvel to continue the format, essentially adding an anthology of stories set at some point in Spider-Man's past. My concerns about satellite books don't extend to minis.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I wouldn't mind Eddie Brock back as Venom.