Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bloodlust needs to trump arrogance here, because there is no reasonable way to measure arrogance in terms of feats. So it would just become an unproven point of contention that would hinder discussions here. CIS is okay because it allows us to recognize measurable and sometimes blatant differences between characters in terms of intelligence, strategy, and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Gladiator doesn't need to be arrogant to maintain his powers, just to have confidence in that they work. That gets disrupted when people manage to make it seem like that they don't (so when he's punching what he's not aware is an invisible Captain America's shield in front of an FF member and instead it just seems like someone he could previously wreck like nothing is now immune to him, when Cannonball mid getting wrecked managed something similar, when psychics convince him he's being blasted with weapons that can disrupt and overcome his abilities, what have you).

Gladiator has gone into fights knowing he's likely completely effed (against Tyrant for instance), and his powers hold up just fine, even as he loses. It's not a matter of always thinking he will win, he's not delusional, it's a matter of belief in himself and the functioning of his abilities.
    Well said. There is a slippery slope here where if people judge this weakness incorrectly, Gladiator would be treated unfairly. The dude charged at Thanos and Gamma Annihilus and didn't curl up. He's happy biting off more than he can chew.

In regards to this thread, I guess I always sort of assumed that we were indeed discussing power sets more than characters themselves. Certainly 90% of our threads we argue they are doing stuff they would almost never do in an actual written comic ;P

I make threads all the time where I fix this simply by stating "they are in character" or "common knowledge of each other is off" or in the case of my own recent Vegeta thread "he lets his opponent power up as a condition"

Even if the rule is there, rumbles lets us adjust the rules for each thread as long as we are clear from the start =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure