All-New Member

Default Best place to sell comics

Hi
    I was just in the process of selling my comic collection, mainly DC.
    Which I bought in the 90s.
    Rather than use eBay etc
    Is there a better platform for selling comics, or even finding value.
    Thanks

You can get a quick feel for how much a comic is worth by going to a site such as mycomicshop.com and seeing how much you could buy it for in various conditions.

But if mycomicshop.com are quoting say 30 dollars for a particular comic…don’t expect to get anything like that, big commercial sellers always have a tremendous mark-up between buying and selling price. And a fellow fan buying from you will similarly expect you to sell at an appreciably lower price than rates charged by a big seller.

You won’t get much from vast majority of 90’s DC comics, most can be got for well below original cover price. Personally I’d do a quick scan to see if any do have a particularly high value…separate those out…then get rid of others at any price I could get. (Probably by selling runs on EBay, rather than trying to sell individual issues…that would be too time consuming.)

On the few high value ones…would probably ask one or two of the big buyers what they would offer me…and accept offer unless outrageously low. If no sensible offer comes that way, then would put on eBay, with a reserve price.