View Poll Results: Should the Pre-New 52 Red Robin suit return to continuity?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 46.81%
  • No

17 36.17%
  • Who cares?

3 6.38%
  • Only if Tim stops being a tech-junkie snob...

5 10.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Tim Drake’s Kingdom Come Red Robin suit make a return?

One of the things I’ve been loving about Rebirth, as many of you have, is how DC is bridging the gap from the New 52 to its more familiar counterpart. Suffice it to say, with Detective focusing heavily on Tim Drake, his desire to break free, in a sense, from his present role in the Batfamily, and, now, his reintroduction to the DCU of old via his Titans of Tomorrow counterpart, would anyone else like to see him return from the clutches of Mr. Oz with some new (or, old, I guess, depending on who you ask) pair of Alex Ross designed digs? I feel like it could also go a ways towards giving him his own unique aesthetic within the Batfamily as opposed to being an upscaled Damian, as well.
    Last edited by batfan08; 10-29-2017 at 10:00 PM.

BANNED

Red Robin was an excellent series, and the original suit was so awesome. We are long overdue for another Tim Drake solo, and while I love his current suit it would be great to see him in the OG Red Robin suit. Shows him gaining his own personal identity (despite that little in-joke in the series about him looking like Dr. Mid-Nite ) .

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Although current suit is one of the best and iconic, Tim should evolve from his original Robin persona so a change it's preferred.
    Kingdom Come suit is cool but i'm not persuade in having Tim's head covered and moreover it seems Batman's helmet without ears.
    N52 suit is ok for me however total ban for the wings.

It was Dick Grayson under the Red Robin suit in Kingdom Come, wasn't it?

BANNED

Dick Grayson in Kingdom Come and Jason Todd in mainstream continuity.

And then Tim`s.

No. That costume sucked, never saw the appeal.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Red Robin was an excellent series, and the original suit was so awesome. We are long overdue for another Tim Drake solo, and while I love his current suit it would be great to see him in the OG Red Robin suit. Shows him gaining his own personal identity (despite that little in-joke in the series about him looking like Dr. Mid-Nite ) .
    Meh. Red Robin was an average Batman's story without any edge, being extremely dull and resting only on Tim becoming a total rip-off of Batman without actually getting a convincing new vigilante persona. Now, it's because Tim was never designed to cease to be Robin that he suffers as he does right now, and if D.C. truly wish to push him even more than they are apparently intending in the coming months, they really need to come with a better name than Red Robin and better ideas that "rip-off of Batman" for his evolution.

It definitely should, i actually like it even more than any Red Hood or Nightwing costumes. Also, his current ‘Robin’ only with 2 Rs! Is really lame, so anything but that.

Incredible Member

Its my favourite costume of any DC character barring Blue Fingerstripes Nightwing. I wish they never ditched it.

Actually I take it back, they could bring back everything from the neck down and it'd be fine. That and the logo are cool enough. Just keep the domino mask. The neutered Bat cowl is what killed the look and is beyond lame.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My favourite costume. I really want it back. And I want back the real Timmy as well. They just need to erase everything what happened to him after Flashpoint, and we're good. The Rebirth version of him is horrible. I like future Tim much better than annoying hacker Tim. I swear New52 Tim wasn't this annoying in Teen Titans. He was a real prick (and I never thought I'd ever say this) but I still liked him better than the Rebirth version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    The Rebirth version of him is horrible.
    The problem with RebirthTim in my eyes is that he is every bit as boring as Tim's detractors say he is as a whole; one of the blandest characters in comics right now. It's honestly to the point where its been making me think less of Tim as a whole. If this goes on and my brain keeps thinking like this, Jason is gonna end up as my favorite male Robin. And considering he was my least favorite before Rebirth? Impressive.

Also, yeah, I wanna see the old Red Robin suit back. Not a perfect suit, but I like it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually I take it back, they could bring back everything from the neck down and it'd be fine. That and the logo are cool enough. Just keep the domino mask. The neutered Bat cowl is what killed the look and is beyond lame.
    This...........

Extraordinary Member

I've said it before, but I like the cowl and the simplified Marcus To design. I don't want all the Robins running a round in nigh-identical mask gear; Damian has the hood, Jason has the helmet, Dick gets the classic mask, and Tim gets the cowl. It breaks up their profiles tremendously, and emphasizes the importance Tim places on protecting his noggin. Plus, I thought it looked good in the right hands.

My main ideal for Timis that his Red Robin costume should be immediately different from his Robin costume.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar