Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Kevin Spacey comes out as gay after being accused of child molestation

Quote from Anthony Rapp:

“My memory was that I thought, ‘Oh, everybody’s gone. Well, yeah, I should probably go home,’ ” Rapp, who is openly gay, told Buzzfeed. Spacey, he recalled, “sort of stood in the doorway, kind of swaying. My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk … He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me.”

“He was trying to seduce me,” Rapp said. “I don’t know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”
    Response from Spacey:

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/stat...48412842971136

Ultimate Member

Well, this is unfortunate.

Well, I don't like to judge until something is proven, but ouch. I'm not sure if it is - I'm not great reading people's intentions via the written format - but it sounds like a deflection...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Well, I don't like to judge until something is proven, but ouch. I'm not sure if it is - I'm not great reading people's intentions via the written format - but it sounds like a deflection...
    It is. Note how he didn't deny it but instead played the sympathy card by coming out. A lot of LGBT people online are mad that he's using them as a shield to hide his perversions behind. They get enough bs as is, without Spacey acting like homosexuality/bisexuality is an excuse for pedophilia or predatory behavior.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It is. Note how he didn't deny it but instead played the sympathy card by coming out. A lot of LGBT people online are mad that he's using them as a shield to hide his perversions behind. They get enough bs as is, without Spacey acting like homosexuality/bisexuality is an excuse for pedophilia or predatory behavior.
    Yeah, Spacey didn't come out of the closet because he wanted to live openly as a gay man, he was FORCED OUT because of this...assault.

What's troubling about this was he attempted to force himself on a 14 year old boy (what that boy was doing hanging around drunken adults without proper supervision is a discussion for another day).

This is going to be a permanent stain on his career. If he has one after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Spacey didn't come out of the closet because he wanted to live openly as a gay man, he was FORCED OUT because of this...assault.

What's troubling about this was he attempted to force himself on a 14 year old boy (what that boy was doing hanging around drunken adults without proper supervision is a discussion for another day).

Doubtful. Bryan Singer had a great career whitewashing X-Men movies despite allegations against him.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Doubtful. There are so many allegations coming out after the Weinstein conflagration that he'll probably fall through the cracks. Hollywood really doesn't care, as an industry, and you can tell that the actors "speaking out against" Weinstein are doing so reluctantly and only because of PR pressure. Even at this late date, the only people in the industry who really care are his victims and their loved ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Doubtful. Bryan Singer had a great career whitewashing X-Men movies despite allegations against him.
    Oh damn. Rape AND whitewashing.

Whitewashing?

Wasn't there like one allegation that was proven false? And this was after the bulk of his X-Men movies..long after the whitewashing.

BANNED

Lets say this happened, do we even know if Spacey knew how old he was? They met at some afterparty, they went to a nightclub, and then he goes to some part at his place. Like, I don't know, but these aren't really red flags you're hanging out with a 14 year old. The original article in the thread, which I'm not seeing anymore, also made it sound a bit different from the BuzzFeed article it came from. From the other article I didn't get the impression where this was happening, but I kind of figured it was the living room or something like that; the BuzzFeed article on the other hand says Rapp is in Spacey's bedroom on his bed with everyone gone sometime past midnight when Spacey came swaying in.

The article also says something about Rapp being 16 and going to see Working Girl in 1988, but he'd of been 17 when that movie came out. If that's just BuzzFeed guessing at how old he'd of been when the movie came out or Anthony Rapp saying that I don't know, but you'd think they'd want to make sure they've got ages right given how big of a role ages play into the earlier part of the story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Oh damn. Rape AND whitewashing.

Whitewashing?

Wasn't there like one allegation that was proven false? And this was after the bulk of his X-Men movies..long after the whitewashing.
    In this particular case Bryan Singer was accused with two others who counter sued and the lawyer had to admit that he filed "Untrue and Provably False" Claims. The accuser later dropped the lawsuit against Singer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    In this particular case Bryan Singer was accused with two others who counter sued and the lawyer had to admit that he filed "Untrue and Provably False" Claims. The accuser later dropped the lawsuit against Singer.
    I believe the accuser also is in jail now for trying to defraud other people as well.

To Hell with Spacey for conflating pedophilia and homosexuality. His excuse boils down to the age old, "I did it because I'm this way, and so I can't be the only one to do it." No, you're buds with Weinstein, and he's straight but he exposed himself to underage women as well. It's supremely dangerous to conflate pedophilia and gayness.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Being gay means you like men. Not children. That's something else entirely.

He's just hiding behind his sexuality to deflect from blame. **** that.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Singer case pretty much fell apart as the accuser claimed Singer was there at some party. But Singer proved in records he wasn't at that location and it fell apart pretty quick. The same guy was arrested later for something else he was lying over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Good god, is there anyone in Hollywood who isn't a scumbag lol? Anyone?