Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, I imagine a pretty small minority of Hollywood celebrities are sexual predators. Probably the same percentage as the general population, but less likely to get caught... until recently. Now it's become the national sport to bust them.

My biggest fear is that someone I really admire will be exposed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, I imagine a pretty small minority of Hollywood celebrities are sexual predators. Probably the same percentage as the general population, but less likely to get caught... until recently. Now it's become the national sport to bust them.

My biggest fear is that someone I really admire will be exposed.
    Or that it will descend into a witch hunt and innocent people will get caught up in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Good god, is there anyone in Hollywood who isn't a scumbag lol? Anyone?
    Tom Hanks?

I'm waiting for allegations against women to start coming out.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member

Btw we should pay more attention to Seth MacFarlane because he's 3 for 3 with his remarks about Weinstein, Singer, and Spacey

Didn't help that literally the initial headlines about this last night were all about his "coming out". It wasn't about the pedophila allegation, it was just about the confirmation that he was gay. So for at least a few hours, his deflection worked. We'll see if his celebrity allows it to continue to do so.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Apparently House of Cards is ending in the midst of the allegation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    To Hell with Spacey for conflating pedophilia and homosexuality. His excuse boils down to the age old, "I did it because I'm this way, and so I can't be the only one to do it." No, you're buds with Weinstein, and he's straight but he exposed himself to underage women as well. It's supremely dangerous to conflate pedophilia and gayness.
    Weinstein did stuff with underage women? Who?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2017 at 02:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah, it's ending after next season. Just saw that on news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    This is not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Weinstein did stuff with underage women? Who?
    He tried to do stuff with Kate Beckinsale when she was very young, but not sure if she was underage or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is not a coincidence.
    Well, given they said it was because of this that's pretty clear.

But wasn't there talk of it ending soon anyways before this?

Damn, what is wrong with Hollywood? Is it the heat? Or is it actually fairly typical and it just seems worse since everything there is under a big spotlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Well, given they said it was because of this that's pretty clear.

But wasn't there talk of it ending soon anyways before this?
    There was. Netflix had been undecided on that matter prior to the bombshell, as they were weighing whether to go in on a 7th season (which almost definitely would have been the planned last season regardless).

After the bombshell, while Netflix is still working on season 6 (which will still be released next year 2018), Kevin Spacey is "no longer on the set".

So, if they haven't already fired him, it has to be because Netflix is scrambling to abruptly (yet convincingly) end his character's story without the rest of the cast or something like that.

I think Spacey choosing this moment of all moments to finally come out of the closet is backfiring on him in the most severe possible way. The LGBTQ community is not having any of his bullshit and outright condemning him.

He is becoming a pariah overnight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I think Spacey choosing this moment of all moments to finally come out of the closet is backfiring on him in the most severe possible way. The LGBTQ community is not having any of his bullshit and outright condemning him.

He is becoming a pariah overnight.
    GLAAD bashed him, and Billy Eichner's tweet got a ton of retweets and even coverage on TV. "Kevin Spacey has just invented something that has never existed before: a bad time to come out."

The worrying thing about Spacey's statement is that not only does he not deny the allegation, he also doesn't directly cop to it as some one-time drunken act that he knows he did wrong. It reads between the lines as if he's going, "oh shit...that sounds like something I'd do" even if he doesn't remember it specifically. Which has to make one wonder what else he's done over the years.

Also, I didn't realize Spacey was actually considered in the closet. I thought he was like Anderson Cooper a few years ago; known to be gay, he wasn't making any real effort to hide it, he just didn't talk about it on TV.