Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

so what's Feldman's excuse for not naming names, now? I mean this would seem to be the time to do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Damn, what is wrong with Hollywood? Is it the heat? Or is it actually fairly typical and it just seems worse since everything there is under a big spotlight?
    Well, it was Broadway, different coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    GLAAD bashed him, and Billy Eichner's tweet got a ton of retweets and even coverage on TV. "Kevin Spacey has just invented something that has never existed before: a bad time to come out."

The worrying thing about Spacey's statement is that not only does he not deny the allegation, he also doesn't directly cop to it as some one-time drunken act that he knows he did wrong. It reads between the lines as if he's going, "oh shit...that sounds like something I'd do" even if he doesn't remember it specifically. Which has to make one wonder what else he's done over the years.

Also, I didn't realize Spacey was actually considered in the closet. I thought he was like Anderson Cooper a few years ago; known to be gay, he wasn't making any real effort to hide it, he just didn't talk about it on TV.
    I don't know, I'd have to know more about it before I say there's something all that worrying about it. The article doesn't say Spacey actually knew how old this person was at the time. It's some actor Spacey met at some Broadway afterparty, they went to a nightclub together, and then Spacey finds him in his (Spacey's) bed after a party after midnight. Did he know how old he was at the time? I don't know, the actor that saying this doesn't every say he told Spacey how old he was, and the age thing is really about the only worrying thing about it. If Spacey didn't know then it's basically a story about two people that went out to a club together and sometime later after a party one of them found the other in their bed very late at night and he picked them up out of the bed and laid over them.

This is also something that allegedly happened 29 years ago when he was 14, who knows how well he remembers the actual events. Went I was around that age me and three friends had a run in with a crazy guy that tried hunting use down with someone he called up, had to hide in the drainage pipe under the road so they wouldn't find use. Point is right around this exact same time, one of those friends and another person also had a run in with him, although somewhat similar it didn't go half as far...but, over the years his story about what happened to him that night has become identical the story that happen to me and the three other people.

If he did it
    BB

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Damn, what is wrong with Hollywood? Is it the heat? Or is it actually fairly typical and it just seems worse since everything there is under a big spotlight?
    I remember the late Jackie Collins remarking after the publication of Hollywood Wives, that if she had told the truth no one would believe her. But it isnt just Hollywood - there was the Jimmy Savile scandal here in the UK, and a lot of British MPs have been accused of sexual harassment. The only problem here is that amongst the genuine cases there are those who cry wolf in order to get money - at least four British celebrities have been falsely accused of sexual abuse, and were subsequently found not guilty. But the damage to a persons psyche, not to mention reputation,can be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Apparently House of Cards is ending in the midst of the allegation
    Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Yeah, it's ending after next season. Just saw that on news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is not a coincidence.
    Poor Robin Wright. Right in the middle of her Robinaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so what's Feldman's excuse for not naming names, now? I mean this would seem to be the time to do it.
    He did say it: a lot of expenditure on legal teams and security.

This is... just... THE WORST coming out story by an actor, ever. And will probably remain THE WORST coming out story by an actor. Wow! Kevin Spacey you couldn't have f*cked it up anymore if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Btw we should pay more attention to Seth MacFarlane because he's 3 for 3 with his remarks about Weinstein, Singer, and Spacey
    You know when I heard this that was the first thing I thought of: "Help, help, I've just escaped from Kevin Spacey's house..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Apparently House of Cards is ending in the midst of the allegation
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I love that show. And it was Claire's time to shine, god dammit!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is not a coincidence.
    Exactly.

And his international Emmy is getting cancelled.

Like I said earlier, Spacey won't get out of this unscathed. Not in today's climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You know how TNT started Major Crimes after The Closer wrapped up?

I wouldn't be all that shocked if something like that happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I think Spacey choosing this moment of all moments to finally come out of the closet is backfiring on him in the most severe possible way. The LGBTQ community is not having any of his bullshit and outright condemning him.

He is becoming a pariah overnight.
    Rightfully so. In his attempt to deflect criticism he's basically offering himself up as a poster boy for the type of people who conflate gay men with sexually predatory behavior.

It's a really ####ed thing for him to do.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You know how TNT started Major Crimes after The Closer wrapped up?

I wouldn't be all that shocked if something like that happened here.
    I'm sure Robin Wright will be just fine, as Confuzzled says her career is hitting another stride and I don't see this derailing her much.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Rightfully so. In his attempt to deflect criticism he's basically offering himself up as a poster boy for the type of people who conflate gay men with sexually predatory behavior.

It's a really ####ed thing for him to do.
    Yeah I really don't get how he'd think it was a good idea to put the statement out as he did.

Course I'm not the one dumb enough to well... sexually assault an underage boy. So. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    *rimshot*

Stupid 10 character limit
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

House of Cards has been cancelled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    *rimshot*

Stupid 10 character limit
    Rimshot? That could be in bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    House of Cards has been cancelled
    We were already talking about that the day before yesterday.
    Last edited by Za Waldo; 10-31-2017 at 10:06 PM.