Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Wasn't House of Cards ending anyway? Being cancelled would not make any difference.

I wonder if all of this coming out now will be bring out past secrets, like the long-existing accusation that Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wonder if all of this coming out now will be bring out past secrets, like the long-existing accusation that Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood.
    If she were alive, perhaps. But without a breathing victim to step in front of the mics (unless we're talking about a murder), I don't know if it will carry the weight that once it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wasn't House of Cards ending anyway? Being cancelled would not make any difference.
    Didnt they also suspend production indefinetly on the current season?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If the clusterfuck with Harvey Weinstein hadn't gone thermonuclear, would all these skeletons be marching out of the closet seemingly en masse?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is also being accused of rape

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacre...MAHckvOs54I.99

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Didnt they also suspend production indefinetly on the current season?
    They did. The issue is that production of the current season won't continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

I've been a fan of Dr. Tyson, but if he is really guilty here, then he deserves whatever is coming to him.

No Sacred Cows indeed.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This is in every way a terrible time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

Dear God...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Note that not everyone accused of something is guilty of it. A lot of character assassinations are going to start coming out of this.

I for one would like to see some evidence at some point before we kill all our celebrities.

Astonishing Member

None of them are getting killed... so far, no one's even been arrested, and spacey didn't even deny it, Weinstein didn't deny most of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There may be multiple good reasons for Netflix to do this that have nothing to do with actually looking good. A few that instantly spring to mind:
    • They're almost certainly trying to avoid a sustained, angry social media assault spawning a series of hashtags that eternally ties them to pedophilia and anti-LGBTQ positions.
    • This is the kind of noise that pops a publicly traded company right in the share-price, and they'd like to avoid that.
    • They're probably hoping to minimize the number of times reporters use the phrase, "star of the Netflix series..." in connection with this story.
    • They're likely negotiating for a large number of movie projects for their site, and would like to limit the number of stars/producers that will (either earnestly or just to polish their own images) drop out on the grounds that "they don't do business with companies that enable this sort of horrible thing."
    These would all be Netflix making moves to look good. You said you were going to list other things.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This is in every way a terrible time to be alive.
    Actually is some ways this gives me hope and is a great time to be alive. I hate learning all these awful things if true about men I've looked up too or at least enjoyed their work. But it's better that it is coming out rather then being swept under the carpet like let's say in the 30's when you had the Studio machines keeping all the dirty secrets of Hollywood quiet. While also the United States was going through a depression, a coming world war, and things like Jim Crow laws in the South and unofficial segregation in the North. There was never any good old days and at least now we can recognize our flaws as a society and hopefully makes some changed with going forward.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 11-02-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Actually is some ways this gives me hope and is a great time to be alive. I hate learning all these awful things if true about men I've looked up too or at least enjoyed their work. But it's better that it is coming out rather then being swept under the carpet like let's say in the 30's when you had the Studio machines keeping all the dirty secrets of Hollywood quiet.
    Funny thing, isn't the hit Showtime series Ray Donovan about a "fixer" who keeps Hollywood's dirty secrets under the rug? If that show is in fact art imitating life, then, sadly, little has changed in Tinseltown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!