Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Neil DeGrasse Tyson is also being accused of rape

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacre...MAHckvOs54I.99
    No! I can't even....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Note that not everyone accused of something is guilty of it. A lot of character assassinations are going to start coming out of this.

I for one would like to see some evidence at some point before we kill all our celebrities.
    I wonder if there will be accusations by males against females?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Possibly, but very few women have held positions of power like that in Hollywood, even today.

Many of the accused are probably guilty. Some are probably innocent. Some may be guilty, but have grown past the people they once were. But none of that will matter, because justice is boring. Only punishment is interesting.

BANNED

I honestly hope that HOC isn't killed there are loose ends that should be tied up. Season 5 actually was the best season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    To Hell with Spacey for conflating pedophilia and homosexuality. His excuse boils down to the age old, "I did it because I'm this way, and so I can't be the only one to do it." No, you're buds with Weinstein, and he's straight but he exposed himself to underage women as well. It's supremely dangerous to conflate pedophilia and gayness.
    How did you extrapolate that from this statement:

Spacey didn’t excuse his actions, and despite Rapp’s accusations, there is nothing to suggest that he likes under age boys. Does this excuse his actions? No. Should he have kept his hands to himself? Yes. But Spcey’s behvaviour isn’t that much different than any boorish behaviour that we are now seeing from many men in Hollywood who either are drunk on power, immature or undisciplined.

I had assumed that he was just in the closet, but he confirmed that he did in fact have romantic relationships with women for a period of time, so there is nothing disingenuous. It sounds to me that he was wrestling for years with the fact that he’s gay and finally has had the moxie to fess up. Especially given the cell phone cameras etc. It’s just a matter of time that some photo came available so he just decided to fess up. Especially now with the all the allegations coming out it’s bound that someone will show some proof. The outrage about his coming out now seems to be overblown and people are just looking (as usual) for an excuse to be angry and offended.

As a woman, I am less offended by a lewd comment, a pat on the derrier. As I am of more blatant sexual assault or even worse threats and attempts to derail someone’s carrier if they don’t acquiesce.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I honestly hope that HOC isn't killed there are loose ends that should be tied up. Season 5 actually was the best season yet.

Spacey didn’t excuse his actions, and despite Rapp’s accusations, there is nothing to suggest that he likes under age boys. Does this excuse his actions? No. Should he have kept his hands to himself? Yes. But Spcey’s behvaviour isn’t that much different than any boorish behaviour that we are now seeing from many men in Hollywood who either are drunk on power, immature or undisciplined.

I had assumed that he was just in the closet, but he confirmed that he did in fact have romantic relationships with women for a period of time, so there is nothing disingenuous. It sounds to me that he was wrestling for years with the fact that he’s gay and finally has had the moxie to fess up. Especially given the cell phone cameras etc. It’s just a matter of time that some photo came available so he just decided to fess up. Especially now with the all the allegations coming out it’s bound that someone will show some proof. The outrage about his coming out now seems to be overblown and people are just looking (as usual) for an excuse to be angry and offended.

As a woman, I am less offended by a lewd comment, a pat on the derrier. As I am of more blatant sexual assault or even worse threats and attempts to derail someone’s carrier if they don’t acquiesce.
    Well said. I agree with you as a woman.

Astonishing Member

It was ending Season 6 anyway. Getting too expensive to make.

More fallout today. He's a serial "assaulter" of males.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

No one was talking about him being gay until he himself brought it up. He deliberately inserted it into the conversation to deflect from his assaulting Rapp.

I don't think the fact that Spacey is like a lot of boorish men in Hollywood is in question

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one was talking about him being gay until he himself brought it up. He deliberately inserted it into the conversation to deflect from his assaulting Rapp.

I don't think the fact that Spacey is like a lot of boorish men in Hollywood is in question
    People have been talking about him being gay since the '90s. The Gay '90s.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    People have been talking about him being gay since the '90s. The Gay '90s.
    Okay let me rephrase. His being gay wasn't the subject of the conversation regarding his sexual assault of Rapp until Spacey brought it up himself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay let me rephrase. His being gay wasn't the subject of the conversation regarding his sexual assault of Rapp until Spacey brought it up himself
    Him being gay actual comes up in the BuzzFeed article with Rapp. When he talks about going into his bathroom he says he saw a picture with Spacey and another man and thought something to himself along the lines of: Oh, I guess Spacey is gay.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It was ending Season 6 anyway. Getting too expensive to make.
    I thought season 7 was going to be the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Less likely. Not only are fewer women in a position to be able to do something like that, society wouldn't question them for doing so. It will ask what the heck is wrong with the men, being upset that they could get sex AND career advancement?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Less likely. Not only are fewer women in a position to be able to do something like that, society wouldn't question them for doing so. It will ask what the heck is wrong with the men, being upset that they could get sex AND career advancement?
    This isn't true at all. There are tons of women in Hollywood who at one time or another have wielded the power to get movies off the ground and have a say in who is or isn't cast in a film, and who is or isn't directing the film.

The latter part is true, unless she's a total uggo.