Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScrooge View Post
    New member here. I started my first thread about the best Metal oneshot. While there was no consensus and opinions varied, nobody got slammed. We all know comics fandom is full of awesome people. But, the internet seems to be populated by a majority of argumentative people-hating trolls.
    My question is: Have I stumbled upon a place where reasonable people discuss a mutually shared interest (maybe even obsession) in a courteous, logical manner? Or have I just not been around long enough?
    Say what's on your mind, and if you're challenged, be prepared to defend your opinion. And don't worry about being liked. To hell with popularity. Peace.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I would say the folks here are pretty cool. As long as you show respect to others and give respect, you'll fit in just fine.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

Off and on, I've been here since it was Jonah's Kingdom Come page, and generally it's been nice. There were times (and I was guilty) when strong opinions fired screaming matches, and it seems like it was at its worst a few years back, but it's gotten better.

I only been an official member here since 2015 though I lurked a few times prior to that. I will say this is the most friendly and civil comic forum I have ever posted on. The comic book forum I use to frequent for many years Super Hero Hype is a cesspool infested with some truly awful posters and run by some bias, vile, and inconsistent moderators. I said it multiple times, but I appreciate that fact that posters can express their opinions on comic books, movies, social issues, politics or whatever without being ganged up on by posters who hold opposing views and vilify others for that and moderators that ban you don't fit in the cliques and hold the same view points as them. The issue this site had and 2014 and relaunching the forums in response was the best thing to do and the forums are much better for it. From the community on up to the moderators everyone on here is AWESOME!
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 11-01-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would say better than the other comic site?
    Yeah. CBR isn't nearly as bad as other sites like.
    *shudders*
    Comicvine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Yeah. CBR isn't nearly as bad as other sites like.
    *shudders*
    Comicvine.
    Lol. 10 char...

When you talk to people online like you would talk to them in person, usually that creates a pleasant, civil atmosphere.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.