Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Man PS4 Game PGW 2017 Trailer

A new trailer for Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man for the PS4 from Sony's Paris Games Week conference just dropped. The trailer features our first real look at Peter out of his costume. Mary Jane, Aunt May (?), Miles Morales (out of costume), Wilson Fisk, Norman Osborn, Martin Li/Mister Negative, The Shocker, Yuri Watanbe, and more also make appearances.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

A new trailer for Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man for the PS4 from Sony's Paris Games Week conference just dropped. The trailer features our first real look at Peter out of his costume. Mary Jane, Aunt May (?), Miles Morales (out of costume), Wilson Fisk, Norman Osborn, Martin Li/Mister Negative, The Shocker, Yuri Watanbe, and more also make appearances.
    Kinda like pre omd asm.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Kinda like pre omd asm.
    The appearance of Martin Li/Mr. Negative and Yuri Watanabe say otherwise.

So I'm guessing the beginning of the game has Spidey defeat and lock up Fisk and then Mr. Negative comes in to fill the power vacuum.

Aunt May looks...different. She feels like she's midway between Sally Field and Marisa Tomei.

Looks like we'll definitely get chances to play as Peter outside of the costume.

Miles looks...surprisingly tall in this. I'm guessing Peter first meets him after he volunteers at FEAST.

Wow, Mary Jane as the love interest and a major part of something Spider-Man related? And in a ponytail no less? She even looked playable for a second there in that hostage situation .

Though MJ here kind of gives me Shailene Woodley vibes...

Looking at the photos in Peter's apartment...we've got a Crusher Hogan poster, and a picture of Aunt May (?) and Uncle Ben (?) along with a picture of Peter, MJ, and Harry (?).

Look at those shoulder pads on Shocker .

I can't help but think that all this push of Mr. Negative as the main threat is to cover for who the real villain will probably be (Most likely this corn-rowless Osborn).

At least they showed a little game play.

I wonder if the in-story reason for the white-emblem costume is that Peter's traditional suit is damaged during his fight with Fisk?

Wish they give us the release date already. Looks really good.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Kinda like pre omd asm.
    Hmmm... to me it seems more like mid-BND (since Osborn is running for mayor)/early Big Time ASM (since Peter is working in a lab).

Looks really really good though. I might just buy a PS4 for this game, depending on reviews at release. Just the graphics themselves look way better than any prior Spidey games, and the story seems much more intricate from what we've seen so far.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Need this game already.

BANNED

Nice. Looks like it'll be mixing the best elements of the modern run with the more traditional elements of the pre-OMD comics...and big brownie points for Lex Luthor Osborn and a likeable MJ who's very pro-active. Looks like you may take control of her at points too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Hmmm... to me it seems more like mid-BND (since Osborn is running for mayor)/early Big Time ASM (since Peter is working in a lab).
    We've got some BND/Big Time elements (FEAST, Negative, Watanabe), but the feel of it seems much more like pre-OMD Spider-Man where Peter was portrayed as a capable adult making a living and with Mary Jane as a significant figure in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We've got some BND/Big Time elements (FEAST, Negative, Watanabe), but the feel of it seems much more like pre-OMD Spider-Man where Peter was portrayed as a capable adult making a living and with Mary Jane as a significant figure in his life.
    Some people think MJ is a journalist, which is right in line with where the Ultimate comics took her character.

And there's also Miles Morales.

(As I said in another thread, Peter's gonna die, isn't he? )

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Some people think MJ is a journalist, which is right in line with where the Ultimate comics took her character.
    I'm so done with Mary Jane as a Lois Lane stand-in .

Although I could get an "Amy Adams Lois" feel from her here, especially with how softer she feels compared to usual.

And there's also Miles Morales.

(As I said in another thread, Peter's gonna die, isn't he? )
    Whenever they have Miles in something with Peter as the main character Miles ends up as a sidekick.

Granted, this version of Peter seems to be considering retiring, but that never sticks.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually, that seems more like Big Time - where MJ was a pretty large part of his life (they were about to get back together before Superior happened), and Peter was making a good living as a capable adult in a fitting job. Pre-OMD Spider-Man seemed a lot older than the feeling I'm getting here, and I wouldn't exactly call him a capable adult overall...

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Actually, that seems more like Big Time - where MJ was a pretty large part of his life (they were about to get back together before Superior happened), and Peter was making a good living as a capable adult in a fitting job. Pre-OMD Spider-Man seemed a lot older than the feeling I'm getting here, and I wouldn't exactly call him a capable adult overall...
    But she was never as significant a part of his life, or as actively a part of it, as she seems to be in this which is much more like their Pre-OMD dynamic.

Peter in this feels much more grounded and down-to-Earth compared to Big Time, particularly when we see the state of his apartment and his rent issues, and a lot less veering into the edge of being a spastic man-child like he was in that era either. He doesn't feel as old as JMS Spidey, but more like Spidey in the 80's and 90's.