Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They're pulling a Metal Gear Solid 2 on us! You can totally see it coming!

And unlike that game you're referencing people would actually like this switch

Except the usual suspects

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so weird constantly seeing Miles as a supporting character in something Peter-centric.

I know Marvel wants to really promote Miles alongside Peter, so I get the sense behind it, but I'm just not sure if it works.

Marvel has done a lot to get him out there that he has a audience outside the comic reading sphere, his YA novel out sold a Batman YA novel and was duking it out with the Womder Woman YA novel for sales on Amazon. The guys at Insomniac are on record saying that the more they read up on him the more they started thinking of adding him to their story because they really like him, we live in a world now where some kids look at him as their preferred Spider-Man.

As a fan of him and Peter I've wanted them to share the same space in a video game for a very long time that didn't feature just his costume as dlc-esq skin

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Marvel has done a lot to get him out there that he has a audience outside the comic reading sphere, his YA novel out sold a Batman YA novel and was duking it out with the Womder Woman YA novel for sales on Amazon. The guys at Insomniac are on record saying that the more they read up on him the more they started thinking of adding him to their story because they really like him, we live in a world now where some kids look at him as their preferred Spider-Man.

As a fan of him and Peter I've wanted them to share the same space in a video game for a very long time that didn't feature just his costume as dlc-esq skin
    I get that.

I'm just not sure if putting them together like this works all that well, but maybe Insomniac will be able to better and more naturally integrate Miles into Peter's world, and vice-versa, then the cartoons or comics have (and in a way that doesn't come at Peter's expense).

At the very least this version of Peter doesn't seem like he'll need to constantly get bailed out during fights, which is a plus .

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Few of my thoughts on trailers:

-WOW, as usual the graphics are definitely BEST part of this game, with stylish and fast action pace match for the Spider-Man.

-As far as I can see, the story, at least in trailer, is gonna be Mr. Negative and Noeman Osborns' new rise of power as the Kingpin goes to jail, with Peter concerning retirement of Spider-Man as he believe the city is safe enough without him.

-When I go over the Mary Jane's appearance in this game, her design is kind of reminds me of Teresa Parker, Peter's Sister with scarf. Also, as some people pointed out she'll gonna have big role in this game as some of scenes indicates people can play on her view.

-Shocker is confirmed! As far as I concerned, Shocker is gonna be either side mission or warm-up boss in the beginning of the game, he is doing his usual robbery and Spidey comes to stop him.

-I actually have no opinion abour Mile's involvement in this game. I think they gonna make easter egg about Miles becoming Spider-Man or something at the end of the game, or at least unlock him as the co-op player or something.

-Given developers Mentioned this Peter is matured enough for his own, I hope we could see some good story line of Spidey in this game.

I'm curious to see how many secondary villains we see in this game, because I doubt Shocker will be the only one.

I'm also curious if there will be any other crime bosses competing with Negative for control of New York with Fisk gone, though I agree with primenumber that Osborn probably has some hand in things.

I'm hopeful we get a Arkham City (or should I say Spider-Man 2) style game where we have a big open world to explore and there's a whole bunch of missions you can do facing off against various villains like Shocker. It'd be neat.

I also LOVE that Mary Jane, from the looks of it, gets to be playable. That's just a really cool idea that's never been done before, and the more MJ the better!

And me being a Miles fanboy I'm excited to see how he's incorporated into the rest of the story.

Everything about this game the more I see of it gets me so so excited. It's my top game for next year, I need a release date NOW!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No miles wont be spidey. To me that be stupid. Maybe at the final scene depending on how the story ends but your playing Peter in this game as it should be.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No miles wont be spidey. To me that be stupid. Maybe at the final scene depending on how the story ends but your playing Peter in this game as it should be.
    I think at most we might see how he gets his powers and have Peter start mentoring him, maybe a few parts of the game where we play as him learning to use his powers, but I expect Peter will still get 90% of the focus and gameplay.

But if we do get to play as Mary Jane for a portion of the game, then it wouldn't be surprising if there's a chance we get to play as other characters at certain points.

BANNED

Very very excited about this game. I do wish we had a release date
    • Peter's characterization is on point
    • MJ looks great and I'm glad she's here. I wonder if Gwen is still alive...
    • Furthermore, what about Flash Thompson, Liz Allen etc.
    • Seems we'll have the opportunity to play as Peter Parker & MJ which is a nice touch.
    • Shockers inclusion is brilliant. Very excited to see which other members of Spidey's rogues gallery make an appearance. Fingers crossed for Mysterio.
    • Peters apartment looks well thought out. The small touches really matter, and it'd be nice if you could interact with various items and such.
    • Being open-world makes me wonder about what we will and won't see in terms of significant landmarks and settings in MU NYC. Particularly in relation to Stark Tower, Avengers Mansion, the Sanctum Sanctorum, The Baxter Building and The Raft. The inclusion of such settings would be a really nice touch, even if there aren't any interactions with involved characters. Taking it even further, with mentions or visual cues in relation to Roxxon or Alias Investigations for example is a nice way to bring it all together.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

WOW THIS NEW TRAILER ......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-The graphics & action look incredible, I need to trade my PS4 in for a PS4Pro soon,

-I hope it's not TOO QTE heavy.

-Love that MJ is in this, and physically she looks great, but two things I'm not wild about- 1) she dresses too dowdy for MJ, where's the lipstick?
    And.... 2) since this is heavily based on the Slott era, I get the horrible feeling MJ is just gonna be Pete's friend rather than squeeze.

Still, this looks 10x better than Homecoming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    since this is heavily based on the Slott era, I get the horrible feeling MJ is just gonna be Pete's friend rather than squeeze.
    No, they're apparently going to be dating in the game. Peter even considers retirement at several points in the story to settle down with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    No, they're apparently going to be dating in the game. Peter even considers retirement at several points in the story to settle down with her.
    Aww hell yes.
    Do u have a link/proof?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Aww hell yes.
    Do u have a link/proof?
    Mr. Negative appears to be the game's villain, though Wilson Fisk and the Shocker also make appearances. In the game, Peter Parker is considering retiring from being Spider-Man to be with Mary Jane when the appearance of Mr. Negative brings him out of his hiatus. Miles Morales also seems to make an appearance, out of costume.
    https://www.newsarama.com/37152-spid...4-trailer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (As I said in another thread, Peter's gonna die, isn't he? )
    I don't see them doing that in the first game when Peter's only 23.

They'll want this to be the new Arkham series, if anything I could see them doing a Peter trilogy and then a Miles trilogy.

iMan 42s

If Miles gets powers I could see it as a way of tutorial mode where we play as the inexperienced Miles Morales learning how his powers work, and then we cut to Peter when the player knows how to do it.

I could definitely see Miles set up for a potential sequel if not playable here since a coop Spider-man game is largely an untapped idea.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.