Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Hello, fellow Resetera poster!
    ZattMurdock is basically my official Internet alter ego, so anywhere that you guys see ZattMurdock, it's the famously artist formerly known as iJack, haha
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

BANNED

Does this undercut the Peter/Bobbi thing Slott is currently writing in the comics? That Slott is writing something where Peter and MJ bounce off of each other that could potentially reach an audience many times bigger than the audience for his ASM comic?
    Apparently it's Gage that has the lion's share of the story between the two of them

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wonder if this is what Slott meant when he said he reckoned Peter and MJ could be dating again in the future? Once more side-stepping the mainline canon, but giving us what we want elsewhere

Or perhaps there will be synergy with this game in the future?
    Doubtful IMO in terms of synergy with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm starting to wonder if the big reveal is that Ock is behind everything .
    Probably, given how Slott is involved in the game.

Game has a part, or ends, with Otto taking over Peter's body.
    Wouldn't be surprised sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Apparently it's Gage that has the lion's share of the story between the two of them
    Well, that's not very surprising, though it does reassure me a little on the writing .

Spectacular Member

So Ock is likely to be the main villain now that we know Slott is writing, yes? Overall, I have really mixed feelings. I respect Slott a ton as a person and a fellow Spider-Man fan, but I'm very mixed on his run. I really enjoy his work during the BND era and Big time is great. However, I haven't loved anything he's written post Superior. However, maybe getting to write for an all new canon will have sparked some of the energy in Slott that we saw in BND and Big Time.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

....2018 is shaping up to be one heck'of a year for 'Spider-Man'

-Spider-Man PS4
    -ASM#800
    -Avengers Infinity War
    -Miles Morales animated film

Whoa!

BANNED

Also

-20th anniversary of Spider-Girl, with new trade collections

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    ....2018 is shaping up to be one heck'of a year for 'Spider-Man'

-Spider-Man PS4
    -ASM#800
    -Avengers Infinity War
    -Miles Morales animated film

Whoa!
    Also the rest of Marvel's Spider-Man's first season .

Kind of feels weird that it feels more true for 2018 then the year where Homecoming came out .

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Also the rest of Marvel's Spider-Man's first season .

Kind of feels weird that it feels more true for 2018 then the year where Homecoming came out .
    Yeah, I mean the last time there was a Spidey year as big on paper as 2018, was 2012 when we got TASM, ASM#700 & the new USM cartoon.
    But TASM was meh, ASM#700 was pretty depressing and the USM cartoon..... Erm not for me.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Homecoming, it was merely OK, whereas MCU Spidey was great in CA:CW so I'm hoping the Russo's have him kicking ass in a spectacular action scene again in A:IW. ....The PS4 game and the MM film look very promising, hopefully Mr Slott & co can produce something epic for ASM#800.

....Damn, I forgot- we're getting the Tom Hardy Venom film as well, !
    What a year!
    Last edited by Dangerous; 12-11-2017 at 06:18 AM.

"Our Spider-Man is a more experienced Spider-Man, he's not just learning how to swing, he swings with a lot of style, a lot of confidence."

"He's not 15 years old, he's not getting used to his powers"

Why are they talking like this is a new thing? Most, if not, all of Spider-Man games have him being more experienced, he's even an young adult most times...

That aside though, web swinging looks fluid, combat looks somewhat decent, hopefuly it's not something like, Web of Shadows, which is made all around one mechanic...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "Our Spider-Man is a more experienced Spider-Man, he's not just learning how to swing, he swings with a lot of style, a lot of confidence."

"He's not 15 years old, he's not getting used to his powers"

Why are they talking like this is a new thing? Most, if not, all of Spider-Man games have him being more experienced, he's even an young adult most times...

That aside though, web swinging looks fluid, combat looks somewhat decent, hopefuly it's not something like, Web of Shadows, which is made all around one mechanic...
    I love how they're treating an adult and experienced Spider-Man like it's the most novel concept that people have never seen before .

I wasn't surprised the web-swinging looks strong. They seem to be building off a lot of what Beenox did and the web-swinging was the funnest part about the ASM games.

I've never been more excited for a super hero game.

Oh, and 24 seconds into the video you can see a classic-looking, non-white Spider-emblem, suit.

I love how they're treating an adult and experienced Spider-Man like it's the most novel concept that people have never seen before .
    It'd make sense if this was a cartoon, since post Ultimate Spider-Man comics they prefer to keep Spidey younger and never aging in those (Though admitedly the cartoons don't tend to last long enough for him to age, but still, intentions are clear), but in a video game? Saying older and more experienced Spider-Man in a video game is a new thing is almost like saying "This time water is wet" lol.

I wasn't surprised the web-swinging looks strong. They seem to be building off a lot of what Beenox did and the web-swinging was the funnest part about the ASM games.
    Yeah, well, well swinging is fun and all, and it's nice if it becomes better, but I want a Spider-Man game with good combat, that's something those games usualy lack.

Oh, and 24 seconds into the video you can see a classic-looking, non-white Spider-emblem, suit.
    That's cool and all, but where the hell is Bombastic Bag-Man? We all know that's the best costume