Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Isn't the feminine form of Thor, Thora?
    I think that Thora sounds a lot better than female Thor, Thordis, She-Thor or Thor-Girl ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I think that Thora sounds a lot better than female Thor, Thordis, She-Thor or Thor-Girl ...
    Thora is the female form but now Marvel seems to have made an editorial decision that "Thor" is the code name for the hero with that power sub set and not just a name. Why? Because of branding. Thor is instantly recognized in Google searches, name recognitions, etc.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If that were so, how would you explain the thing about her link with the lesbian archaeologist Annabelle Riggs since Fearless Defenders?

In my case, I would take it more seriously if it was Amora the Enchantress, although that would mean to see something in the style of Superior Spider-Man and a pity not to see her usual green outfits.
    It's a longshot thought I had earlier in the thread. Annabelle as Thor. Valkyrie's body, but Annabelle's the one worthy of the Hammer. Which means our new Thor doesn't have any innate fighting skills apart from Brunnhilde backseat superheroing in her mind...(or perhaps taking over once in a while and resummoning Dragonfang if things get super bad, because of course, she can't lift Mjolnir but she can actually fight. =P)

That said, while I really, really, really want Valkyrie to be in a comic book ongoing again, cause it's been six months of not seeing her since Fearless Defenders ended, and I'm going nuts at the lack of any appearances for a character I've really gotten onboard for since they raised her from the dead back in 2010...I don't think it'll be this book.

I just don't see it happening. For one thing, even if she did end up being worthy of Mjolnir, there's no way she forgets about Dragonfang or stops carrying it around. (Then again, I'd never thought I'd see Geirr basically disappear...I miss her spear. And her cloak. But mostly her spear. It's certainly a more distinctive weapon.)

That and Valkyrie hasn't shown up anywhere in Thor:God of Thunder or any Thor related books recently. Just follow GoT and Original Sin and Agent of Asgard closely I guess. They'll drop more and more hints as to who it is as we get closer to crunch time.
    Last edited by lcg16; 07-23-2014 at 12:05 PM.