Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

B-b-but, Thor: God of Thunder?! At least it's still Jason Aaron, b-b-but no Esad Ribic?!
    Currently Reading: Batman and Robin, LOW, Southern Bastards, Swamp Thing

BANNED

So. Kill Wolverine? Check. Take Steve Rogers out of action and replace him for the 100th time? Check. Ruin Thor? Check.

Won't even go into the erasing X-men and sidelining FF rumors

Marvel must really enjoy the horrific job DC has been doing lately and feels the need to copy it. Ugh. I know, I know "it could be awesome". But c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Well, isn't this just horrible, all around. Not only am I now thinking of dropping Thor, but they stole Dauterman from Cyclops, where he was actually making me buy a Cyke book (well, him and Rucka and the Starjammers). Way to lose me on TWO books, Marvel.

I love Ribic's work, but that's a terrible design.
    Cyclops is a sinking ship. Might as well put a great artist to use on a title with some exposure. You can't really drop Thor since #25 seems to be the last issue. You just won't pick up the new series #1.

Also, let's think about your logic for a second. You are dropping Cyclops because the artist leaves, then drop the book where the artist arrives. So in the first case the artist is the only thing keeping you on the book, while at the same time the artist being on another book forces you to drop the series.........I cannot make any sense of that.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Tell that to Doctor Who fans.
    They are all known by their numbers. If Helen Miren has been the Doctor (in my dreams she is!) then she would have just been the 13th Doctor.

Because anything less than the title of Thor is not equality.
    Its not a Title though (Unless I'm very confused about Marvel's Thor) Its his friggen name!

God of Thunder would be a title. Even Mighty 'Blank' could be considered a Title.

I gotta admit even though I don't like the character this makes me feel pretty bad for Thor. After years of service he's fired, thrown out of his family, and has his name taken, in the name of equality.

I mean yeah I'm playing fast and lose with Meta but still.

BANNED

That is not the same. The Doctor is still The Doctor. He just has different lives, but he remembers them all, because it was still him.

This is someone completely different taking over your duties.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    This is not true and the comparison is note accurate. This character will always be known as the "female" Thor. So she will never have her own identity. She will be "considered" lesser because of her name. She will be the "other" not "real" Thor. And that is why it is disappointing.
    If you think that way then you are part of the problem. I know I won't be thinking that way.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Tanarus anyone?
    Won't last more than a half year.

They are all known by their numbers. If Helen Miren has been the Doctor (in my dreams she is!) then she would have just been the 13th Doctor.
    And yet every Doctor Who fan knows each one and has no trouble telling them apart......strange.
    Pull List

BANNED

Not sure about Helen Miren. I think I would prefer Judi Dench.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    That is not the same. The Doctor is still The Doctor. He just has different lives, but he remembers them all, because it was still him.

This is someone completely different taking over your duties.
    What I meant was that if your logic was sound, then you couldn't tell the different doctors apart. Such is lunacy as is your logic.
    Pull List

BANNED

It's like Marvel is blatantly not listening to female fan critiques. A lady Thor, lady Hulk, lady Superman, lady Spiderman... Yes, the execution of these may be cool, but create original female heroes instead of making the "female" version of the guys. This automatically makes the hero "Less than" because she is built on the male hero's name.
    Exactly.

Kind of like how if a company got a new CEO and its a female, she is instantly considered lesser.....

Or how if a female becomes President she is instantly considered lesser....

Wait, none of that is true.

No. The answer is no. Your logic does not pass muster.
    Legacy is legacy. Male, Female, Black, Gay.....the position holds the power. The only time one would be considered lesser is if they change the position in light of the recipient - like Thorita or some such nonsense.

If you are sad because Marvel isn't making a new female character from whole cloth, then why the outrage....Marvel isn't even creating new male characters from whole cloth.
    Yes, none of that's true, because YOUR analogy or logic doesn't pass muster. As well as kind of insulting, as neither the job of CEO or President is male exclusive.

Unless Marvel plans to actually give Thor a sex change, like Fem Loki, this is probably a book I'm dropping.

Amazing Member

The Doctor is always the Doctor, regardless of his appearance. The series would have died if they'd periodically had the name passed from one character to a different character. The Doctor regenerates into a new form but fans know that, despite appearances, this is still the Doctor. Marvel's made it clear [via the medium of Jenny McCarthy] that this is a new character who takes up Mjolnir and the name of Thor.

Because anything less than the title of Thor is not equality.
    Except Thor is not a title, but a proper given name. The female equivalent would be Thordis.

But it's all good, just as if a woman wanted to be named Dick, Jack, Harry, or some other typically male name it would be all good. Presumably the new Thor didn't care for how Thordis sounded.

And I hope that it's Jane Foster, just like in the classic What If?

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    What? I did not see that coming... Ok... This is interesting... Ok... well that explains why Dude-Thor is holding the axe, he must do something that removes his worthiness. I wasn't picking up God of Thunder but I think I'm gonna have to give this a look because I'm intrigued (and honestly, I do like a new #1 to get me back into something). I wonder if the first arc will be called "If She Be Worthy" to show how Mjolnir is equal opportunity now :P
    Presumably he regains his worthiness in time to become King Thor in the far future.