Incredible Member

Default DC House of Horror: the WW story (spoilers)

Did anyone else pick this up? In my opinion, the Green Lantern story was the best, followed by the Black Canary & the Batman stories.

The Superman story was my least favorite (did Giffen mistake Martha Kent's character for his take on Sugar Plumm?), and, unfortunately, the WW story my next-to-least favorite.

It's beautifully drawn by Bilquis Evely; the problem is that the story itself is so thin. I understand it's meant to be a short story, but it doesn't really work as a stand alone. I think it'd only work as a prologue to a greater story. Yes, the horror is in imagining the story that follows, but again, this entire story is just "spirit of dead Amazon inhabits teenager and comes to realize what has happened."

And if anyone doesn't feel like looking up the Greek, the line of p. 2 is "insanity," p. 7 "Where am I...Witches!", and on the last page, something like "The Hell of humanity...It's going to be a glorious war." Thank you, Google translate. :-)

I'll love to have seen it written as a full comic or graphic novel, especially if drawn by Evely, but on it's own? Not enough.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

There isn't much that turns me off, but this title did it.
    I barely finished the Harley story.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting but this wasn't it at all.

I do appreciate the new takes on the characters for Superman & Wonder Woman but I'm not sure about the purpose of this title and it's intent. Is the "Horror" here how deeply you can malign these characters (Superman & Wonder Woman)?
    Wonderfully Superb

Incredible Member

I LOVED the Wonder Woman armour! That's about it.

...It had a cool art, I'll give it that. Thank you for the translation, though.

I don't actively hate it, but my favorite one was the Harley one shot and the Black Canary one, the Batman one was...predictable, but it was written decently enough for me to love it. If it hadn't been...I would have rolled my eyes at it like I did with the Billy Batson one.