Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Schway! Terry McGinnis Appreciation (Batman Beyond)

Yep... Me again, Starting yet another Batman Beyond Related Thread... (Don't blame me, I grew up on BTAS DVDs and Beyond on TV (I had a very DC Oriented Childhood)) But this thread I was surprised Didnt Exist already. So it's an appreciation thread this time... For this Guy:
    IMG_2745.jpg

Batman II
    The Tomorrow Knight
    The Second Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight of Tomorrow
    Batman of the Future
    Batman Beyond
    (The Star of the Greatest Spider-Man Cartoon of All Time... I kid)

Fantastic Member

I wish they would bring back his original series on earth 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Same opinion.. I am not sure if I want Damian existence in the beyond world, another writer can put him as a villain and I will be angry..

In the last JL beyond one kid son of Lord Superman and Earth 12 WW appeared... I want continue with earth 12 and see this kid again and the old superman of earth 12..

justice league beyond.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-31-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I agree but also do think he should remain an establisjed part of the Main DCU with an Ongoing there. I really like seeing Terry's world in the Main Continuity (It's my favourite Batman Series currently going and I like it far more than Tom King's run on Batman and Tynion on Tec.)

Fantastic Member

I also would love to see the continued adventures of the earth 12 superboy did maybe more of wonder woman and Bruce interactions she was going to start staying in the mansion at the end of the justice league beyond series.

Thanks for starting this thread, Denirac. I thought about doing it a couple of times. Like you, I enjoyed the BB animated series. I kind of wish they had just stayed with him on Earth 12, but if he has to be part of the "main continuity" I hope they, well, ignore the main continuity. The book is at its weakest when it is too firmly yoked to the present. It needs to be free to spread itself as needed for its own storylines, not restrained by what is going on in the present-day continuity.

Or, in other words, Terry and the gang should NEVER be part of a Bat-Book Crossover.

But back to praising Terry. Easily the worthiest successor to Bruce in the Bat Suit.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

I'm not a fan of Terry or the Beyond universe so this will be my only post on this thread, and it's just to say that while I'm not a fan of him, I AM grateful to Terry for ingratiating "Schway" into my vernacular. It's really fun to say.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-30-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm not a fan of Terry or the Beyond universe so this will be my only post on this thread, and it's just to say that while I'm not a fan of him, I AM grateful to Terry for ingratiating "Shway" into my vernacular. It's really fun to say.
    'Schway' needs to be added to the Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, Denirac. I thought about doing it a couple of times. Like you, I enjoyed the BB animated series. I kind of wish they had just stayed with him on Earth 12, but if he has to be part of the "main continuity" I hope they, well, ignore the main continuity. The book is at its weakest when it is too firmly yoked to the present. It needs to be free to spread itself as needed for its own storylines, not restrained by what is going on in the present-day continuity.

Or, in other words, Terry and the gang should NEVER be part of a Bat-Book Crossover.

But back to praising Terry. Easily the worthiest successor to Bruce in the Bat Suit.
    The Only Exception I'd make to a Keep Terry Away from the Major Crossovers and Events would be in a Batman/Catwoman Wedding Album which could have a prologue where Terry is planning to Propose to Dana and discovers a Wedding Album from Bruce's wedding, Leading to Bruce's recounts of the event... and perhaps an epilogue...

Also... Do we know if all the Show is canon to the current series, I created a thread that asked this before in reference to Blight, but also brought up Return of the Joker (Still one of my favourite Animated Movies Ever.) and was curious if all the show events in Terry's life occurred
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-30-2017 at 05:18 PM.

One of my favorite future Batmans .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of my favorite future Batmans .

*Batmen... Sorry, My Brain just couldnt not correct that... The Video's pretty Schway though...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

"For them"
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

That is freakin' AWESOME!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love Terry! Not so much the era he's born in but I like him as a character. Also, does the main continuity start at Rebirth/DCYOU or was it with the Hush story?