Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Love Terry. Batman Beyond is my favourite DC animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love Terry! Not so much the era he's born in but I like him as a character. Also, does the main continuity start at Rebirth/DCYOU or was it with the Hush story?
    Technically Main Continuity starts with Futures End, then runs though DCU and has an almost Soft-Reboot in Rebirth

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Well this is pretty schway. I loved the Batman Beyond cartoon and Terry is my favorite Batman. I actually like him better than Bruce as Batman, which I suppose is sacrilegious but there it is.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Well this is pretty schway. I loved the Batman Beyond cartoon and Terry is my favorite Batman. I actually like him better than Bruce as Batman, which I suppose is sacrilegious but there it is.
    Technically Terry is the only character who will Permanently be Batman aside from Bruce Wayne in the DC Canon. Every other successor will eventually hand Bruce or McG back the cowl.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Technically Terry is the only character who will Permanently be Batman aside from Bruce Wayne in the DC Canon. Every other successor will eventually hand Bruce or McG back the cowl.
    So far that's very true and I'm glad to see Terry back in the cowl after that nonsense with a version of Drake coming to the future and taking the mantle. I wasn't interested in the event that led up to that and I strongly disliked the idea of anyone other than Terry as the the Tomorrow Knight so I refused to read it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    So far that's very true and I'm glad to see Terry back in the cowl after that nonsense with a version of Drake coming to the future and taking the mantle. I wasn't interested in the event that led up to that and I strongly disliked the idea of anyone other than Terry as the the Tomorrow Knight so I refused to read it.
    I read it out of faith that Terry would be back sooner or later... The good thing was Drake barely did anything that wasnt an Epilogue to Futures End or be a plot device to bring Terry back and explain where he went since the version that Died shouldnt have existed due to wibbly wobbly Timey Whimey stuff.

Anyone play DCU Online? They recently added a Batman Beyond style to the game (called Beyond High Tech, which I find vaguely clever) that is just really well done. Totally changed my Batman inspired character to work with that style and am just loving it in-game.

Not sure how I feel about Terry being part of the actual DCU though. I dont like the future being that set in stone, and I dont like the idea of the Beyond-verse being slaved to the main continuity. But it *does* open the possibilities for time-travel adventures with Terry so......I'm unsure where I land on it.

That said, Terry is my favorite Batman. Took some getting used to back in the day and I really, really disliked the idea of a teenaged Batman at first, but the show won me over fairly quickly.

How's the current title? I didn't bother with the Tim-is-Beyond-Batman stuff from post-Future's End and haven't read the Rebirth title because I thought it was a continuation of that series. Is it worth catching up on?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wait, so I'm behind on this :

Is Terry still on Earth-12 or is he on Rebirth Earth in the present or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Anyone play DCU Online? They recently added a Batman Beyond style to the game (called Beyond High Tech, which I find vaguely clever) that is just really well done. Totally changed my Batman inspired character to work with that style and am just loving it in-game.

Not sure how I feel about Terry being part of the actual DCU though. I dont like the future being that set in stone, and I dont like the idea of the Beyond-verse being slaved to the main continuity. But it *does* open the possibilities for time-travel adventures with Terry so......I'm unsure where I land on it.

That said, Terry is my favorite Batman. Took some getting used to back in the day and I really, really disliked the idea of a teenaged Batman at first, but the show won me over fairly quickly.

How's the current title? I didn't bother with the Tim-is-Beyond-Batman stuff from post-Future's End and haven't read the Rebirth title because I thought it was a continuation of that series. Is it worth catching up on?
    It's Certainly Worth Catching Up on. Jurgens is really going for the Show vibe now, with Terry back in the suit etc and 2 pretty major returns at the end of the first arc. According to Terry the world is recovering. Gotham's well on the way but some parts of the world are still ruins... (It's actually my favourite Batman Title currently since All Star ended

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Wait, so I'm behind on this :

Is Terry still on Earth-12 or is he on Rebirth Earth in the present or something else?
    McG is in the Future of the Rebirth Earth. He returned in the final arc with Tim as Batman Beyond from DC You as Rewire, under the Spellbinder's control (a Retcon from Futures End and the way the timeline changed (Terry and Old Wayne died)). But now he's back as Batman, with the whole crew. Dana's back as his Girlfriend (She knows he's Batman now). Max Gibson and Matt know his secret after working with Tim. And 2 Certain Characters 'Escape the Grave' in the first story post rebirth, setting them up for Major Roles going forward and recapturing the Show feel.

McG is in the Future of the Rebirth Earth. He returned in the final arc with Tim as Batman Beyond from DC You as Rewire, under the Spellbinder's control (a Retcon from Futures End and the way the timeline changed (Terry and Old Wayne died)). But now he's back as Batman, with the whole crew. Dana's back as his Girlfriend (She knows he's Batman now). Max Gibson and Matt know his secret after working with Tim. And 2 Certain Characters 'Escape the Grave' in the first story post rebirth, setting them up for Major Roles going forward and recapturing the Show feel.
    Wow, a lot going on.

Okay...so Terry's on the future of the main earth.....I didn't read Future's End so I'm a little lost.

Brother Eye destroyed the world and turned all the heroes into cyborg monsters, right? I assume Eye was destroyed at some point (right?) and Drake took over. Now he's gone (back to his own time? Erased from history?), Terry is back....and the world is "still recovering" from Eye, yes?

Is Terry still a teenager or is he older, like we saw in those JLU episodes? Is Bruce dead? What exactly does "still recovering" mean? Is the world largely a wasteland of robot zombies wandering around? Do any governments still stand? Are we talking "Mad Max" here or "1984" or what? Does the League show up? I heard something about Jon Kent being Superman? What about the other heroes turned into Eye drones? I presume they're mostly all dead too?

Could someone catch me up? I won't mind spoilers, since this stuff will decide whether I give the series a shot. I like Batman Beyond, but Jurgens....I love the guy and his 90's era contributions to Superman, but I do not enjoy his modern day writing. Is this some of his better work, or comparable to any particular book he's done since the New52 (I haven't read Action)?

If a private message would be more appropriate, that's cool. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a guy out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Denirac, thanks for sending the PM. Sorry my inbox was full, it's cleared out now.

~ Black Panther.

Grabbed the first trade last night.

It was better than I thought it would be, considering Im not a huge fan of Jurgens' writing these days. Really enjoyed it, and the art was a great spiritual successor to the Timm-style of the cartoon.

About the only issue I took with the entire trade is the scene where Terry, Max and Matt are on a rooftop surrounded by Jokerz and Terry changes into his Bat-suit....and as dozens of thugs get up to the roof, not one of them notices that the only grown man in the trio has disappeared and Batman has "magically" shown up. That was just ridiculous.

But other than that, I enjoyed the hell out of the story and will definitely get the next trade. Thanks for the recommendations and getting my caught up on the Future's End stuff guys.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Grabbed the first trade last night.

It was better than I thought it would be, considering Im not a huge fan of Jurgens' writing these days. Really enjoyed it, and the art was a great spiritual successor to the Timm-style of the cartoon.

About the only issue I took with the entire trade is the scene where Terry, Max and Matt are on a rooftop surrounded by Jokerz and Terry changes into his Bat-suit....and as dozens of thugs get up to the roof, not one of them notices that the only grown man in the trio has disappeared and Batman has "magically" shown up. That was just ridiculous.

But other than that, I enjoyed the hell out of the story and will definitely get the next trade. Thanks for the recommendations and getting my caught up on the Future's End stuff guys.
    No Problem. You have no idea how hard it was not to spoil the two big returns at the end of that trade, especially when one is crucial immeduately afterwards in the second arc. Glad you enjoyed it though, as for the problem with no one noticing that the only grown man vanished... Allow me to direct you to the 'Superman using Glasses to keep his secret idenity' debate. If someone couldnt put two and two together and notice that Clark Kent looks EXACTLY like Superman, then I think we can forgive the Idiots that Terminal sent after Matt, Dana and Terry for not noticing that Terry was gone and that Batman was there.
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.

as for the problem with no one noticing that the only grown man vanished... Allow me to direct you to the 'Superman using Glasses to keep his secret idenity' debate. If someone couldnt put two and two together and notice that Clark Kent looks EXACTLY like Superman, then I think we can forgive the Idiots that Terminal sent after Matt, Dana and Terry for not noticing that Terry was gone and that Batman was there.
    Ha! Touche!

~ Black Panther.