Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Avengers and X-men: Axis #1-3 Solicitations

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/14...licitations-r/

Before the full solicitations come out tomorrow, the Axis event solicitation are up earlier. A few things I want to note from them. P.S. I'm not sure if I was supposed to put this in the X-forum or not, sorry if I was.

-New Captain America will be in it, although he's blacked out on the covers
    -Apparently Nova messes up badly
    -Iron man messes up as well, although it's about some dark secret
    -Wanda working with Dr.Doom?!?
    -Why is Deadpool on the villains side?
    -Nice to see Havok and Cyclops working together again.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-14-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I know it just happened in Uncanny Avengers but Summers brothers together again.

Interesting... the 3 blackened figures for me are:

Cover 1: no idea... probably an avenger due to him being on the "avengers' side" of the cover... if I must venture a guess I'd say wonder man

Cover 2: Obviously the new cap

Cover 3: Ares? Hercules? Could the axe be Jarnbjorn?

P.S.

What actually has me excited for this event is Remeder's quote: “You’re not gonna get a lot of people eating cereal during this”... take that Bendis!

Edit: also the bad guys don't seem to be that bad... which could mean they actually work against the red onslaught too

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    -Wanda working with Dr.Doom?!?
    I don't know how I would feel about their weird little relationship being revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Edit: also the bad guys don't seem to be that bad... which could mean they actually work against the red onslaught too
    I think some of the rumours are actually going to end up true; Red Skull enslaves the heroes, and the villains have to stand up against them.

Already seems pretty interesting.

I'm definitely looking forward to this!

There's also a tie-in solicitation. Axis Revolutions

Unsettling to see Deadpool on the villains side in the #3 cover. Wonder how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Unsettling to see Deadpool on the villains side in the #3 cover. Wonder how that happens.
    Maybe he got tired of the other heroes treating him like a joke.

I wonder if the Thunderbolts will factor into this event.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Maybe he got tired of the other heroes treating him like a joke.
    Before recent events in his solo, I would totally agree.. as that's basically what happened in the Cable and Deadpool "Civil War" tie-ins.. he just went where the money was. But now, I feel like he's past that.

I use the word "unsettling" because I'm not exactly disappointed or angered by it.. just puzzled. I'm interested for sure.

Well at least, in theory, deadpool is immune to mind control, so if the héroes are brainwashed, and the villains are fighthing the red skull, is not that weird.

BANNED

Storm is going to be a background character again. Looks like.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-14-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Just because he's working with villains doens't necessarily mean he's going to be the bad guy though.

Villains like Magneto and Dr. Doom do have a history of being the lesser of 2 evils. It's VERY possible guys like Magneto and Doom may not be any more thrilled about Red Skull than the heroes, and their methods of dealing with the issue might simply fall more in line with Deadpool than the Avengers or X-Men. Obviously I'm speculating here... but I don't think the idea is necessarily that Magneto and Deadpool are turning evil or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    I don't know how I would feel about their weird little relationship being revisited.
    I actually thought Dooms feeling for Wanda were actually sincere in Children's Cruasade, so I'm glad we'll be seeing some panel time with them to better flesh out where they stand with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just because he's working with villains doens't necessarily mean he's going to be the bad guy though.

Villains like Magneto and Dr. Doom do have a history of being the lesser of 2 evils. It's VERY possible guys like Magneto and Doom may not be any more thrilled about Red Skull than the heroes, and their methods of dealing with the issue might simply fall more in line with Deadpool than the Avengers or X-Men. Obviously I'm speculating here... but I don't think the idea is necessarily that Magneto and Deadpool are turning evil or anything like that.
    I don't think so either.. but it definitely has my attention.