Default 1977/1978 CBS Spider- Man Television Series appreciation -- Who's with me!!!!

So in the 1970s CBS Spider-Man series, Peter Parker was flippin' brilliant and invented his web-fluid, web-shooters, and spider-tracers and tracking devices (without GPS technology). And according to the editing of the show, he had a degree of precognition. So his spider-sense was on steroids. When it would go off, he'd see actually see ongoing or approaching trouble. Also, he would occasionally show some impressive strength (nowhere close to MCU, but nothing to sneeze at either), and he's shown easily leaping from ground to roof level. He once jumped out of a helicopter to skydive and then web onto another moving helicopter, swing onto a rooftop and disable a crudely built atomic bomb. Interestingly it was usually Peter Parker's intelligence that would defeat the baddies and solve the mystery....but it was "Spider-Man" who would have to climb a building to reach them and trade punches. But I digress. I love that pickin' series for its simplicity, its use of actual stunts on a low budget, and I love that it attempted so much with such limited cinematic technology, and grooooovy tunes. Where's my pickin' DVD or iTunes download CBS?!?! Sony?!?! Marvel?!?!? Gimme my 1970's Spidey!!!!!! Hey...better yet...tell me how much it would cost to dig into the CBS archives and digitally remaster it and I'll raise the money!

I remember after the pilot & seeing kids crawling around the halls at school. Really not a bad show. Some of the stunts where he's climbing building are still pretty impressive. Funky soundtrack too! I'd buy the series on blu ray if it came out. Hammond was a good Peter Parker. It's funny to think how much older the character was in the show versus the films.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I liked it for what it was. It probably had a bigger budget than the other superhero shows on TV during the same decade.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014