illinnoise

Default The Dark night Multiverse event.

So, I set some time aside today in order to catch up with the Dark Night Metal series this morning. As I was reading "Batman: The Murder Machine" I immediately notice that the introduction on the first page says that we are on Earth-0 "Frist world of the Multiverse" as I continue to read I began to feel like the Dark Nights and Dark Days seires takes place on a different earth than the one we are used to seeing the main story cannon "IE- Action Comics, Detective comics and so forth." In Grant Morrison's Multiversity guidebook: Maps and Legends, Grant Morrison describes Earth-0 as a world that has been through many strives, and Earth-1 as a newly formed earth where the timeline is not set and anything is possible. By these definitions, one would assume that Earth-0 is Pre-52 while Earth-1 is New-52 and beyond. That would make our main story cannon based on Earth-1. However, as i stated previously that the Metal series is taking place on Earth-0. Would anyone be able to confirm which planet the man story cannon takes place on?

Quote Originally Posted by illinnoise View Post
    So, I set some time aside today in order to catch up with the Dark Night Metal series this morning. As I was reading "Batman: The Murder Machine" I immediately notice that the introduction on the first page says that we are on Earth-0 "Frist world of the Multiverse" as I continue to read I began to feel like the Dark Nights and Dark Days seires takes place on a different earth than the one we are used to seeing the main story cannon "IE- Action Comics, Detective comics and so forth." In Grant Morrison's Multiversity guidebook: Maps and Legends, Grant Morrison describes Earth-0 as a world that has been through many strives, and Earth-1 as a newly formed earth where the timeline is not set and anything is possible. By these definitions, one would assume that Earth-0 is Pre-52 while Earth-1 is New-52 and beyond. That would make our main story cannon based on Earth-1. However, as i stated previously that the Metal series is taking place on Earth-0. Would anyone be able to confirm which planet the man story cannon takes place on?
    Earth-0 is also known as Earth Prime. Basically, DC rebirth/formerly New52. Just that the timelines of all the various comics are rather wonky right now.

The story is taking place in the same Earth where we are currently reading Action Comics and so forth. The main canon is indeed being spoken off as Earth-0 here. The invasion from the Dark Multiverse has been so destructive that it has laid waste to the entire world.

No. Since the 2006, the prime earth is earth-0. The earth 1 is related to the Earth One line of Graphic Novels, such as Batman Earth one (Johns and Frank) Superman Earth One (Stranzinsky & Davis) and Wonder Woman Earth One (Morrison & Paquette)
    The main continuity is in earth-0, which is the earth which has passed for several reestructurations. SoMetal and Flashpoin both are events on the same earth.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin