Incredible Member

Default Night force collection

Glad to finally get this volume delivered today!! I had completely forgotten about the first preview issue! Pleasant surprise!

Hopefully Marv will be correct and volumes 2 and 3 will follow.

Fantastic Member

Congrats! I ordered the Night Force collection from Amazon, so expect this within the next 1-2 weeks (hopefully).

I've been waiting for a collection of the classic Night Force series for years. Gene Colan's DC work in the '80's was amazing! Night Force was especially great - great horror/suspense series that should have been reprinted years ago.

In addition to Night Force, two of the many other DC books Colan worked on were Jemm Son of Saturn (sci-fi & social commentary series), as well as Nathaniel Dusk, an excellent noir/detective series set during the 1940's. Both of these deserve reprinting as well.

Fantastic Member

Just got this Night Force: The Complete Collection HC. Great volume! I just paged through this & the reproduction/restoration, colors, and paper quality all look great to me. Great that this finally came out, and it's nice that's in HC as well. The fact that there are no extras is fine with me - given that it's a DC reprint, I'm just glad that all of the covers are included. I have lower expectations when it comes to DC's CE's than Marvel's.

Incredible Member

I'm hoping for a follow up of the other two volumes, equally well written even lacking Colan's fine artistic talents. I'd even take the last two limited series together in one volume!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I'm hoping for a follow up of the other two volumes, equally well written even lacking Colan's fine artistic talents. I'd even take the last two limited series together in one volume!
    Honestly, I have 0 familiarity with the 1990's & 200X's Night Force series. The 1980's series is iconic to me because I read a couple of issues when it was out & so have nostalgic memories associated with the title - plus, Colan's art was tailor-made for this creepy horror book. Also, in general I think the best comics came out in the 1980's (by DC, Marvel, and Independents).

I wasn't reading any new DC or Marvel comics in the '90's, and have read very few new comics in the 21st century. I primarily collect Collected Editions of comics from the '70's - 80's (and some 1960's).

That all being said, if the 2nd & 3rd NF series are ever reprinted in one volume, I may get this out of curiosity.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 11-04-2017 at 07:48 PM.