Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

I'm going to go a step further and predict that they're going to have Jon and Kon fuse together into one Superboy. J'Kon. Then Dr. Manhattan's going to show up on J'Kon's 17th birthday and give him the ten years he stole, making him 27. He rolls up to the DP in a t-shirt and jeans, riding a motorcycle, and surprise, surprise, he was Nuperman all along. Nuperman rides again.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I'm going to go a step further and predict that they're going to have Jon and Kon fuse together into one Superboy. J'Kon. Then Dr. Manhattan's going to show up on J'Kon's 17th birthday and give him the ten years he stole, making him 27. He rolls up to the DP in a t-shirt and jeans, riding a motorcycle, and surprise, surprise, he was Nuperman all along. Nuperman rides again.
    New 52 Superman returned in Sideways Annual. There would be no reason to make something so convoluted when he's already back in a sense, and I think DC knows that it would please no one. Plus, the new take on Jon actually brim with potential, both with his friends "Boyzarro" and Kathy, but also Damian, his potential view on the current Teen Titans (which is a damn great book). I don't think those changes should warrant such instant negativity, honestly.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Apparently this was at least a few months ago, but I guess Jon made his first minor TV appearance on TTG, around 1:37-1:38 here.

Buh-bye

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Apparently this was at least a few months ago, but I guess Jon made his first minor TV appearance on TTG, around 1:37-1:38 here.

Thought I would just post what is in the video for those that dont like to click on things,and because its awesome to see this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    That sounds exactly the sort of stupid thing DC is capable of pulling off. J'Kon LMAO and then Nuperman after Manhattan's involvement haha, you should be a DC editor.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Pic of what might have been.

Pic of what could be
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-23-2018 at 12:49 PM.

I'll be honest...I find the latter way cooler. He should still be younger, but beyond that give me a fleshed out costume, even if it isn't my personal ideal, over glorified street clothes any day of the week. It certainly can and should toned down, like those horrid cape clips, but overall I'll take it over a hoody and jeans with holes in them.

Again outside of the New 52's t-shirt and jeans as a temporary and thus purposely rudimentary look, I just have very little appreciation for costumes that rely heavily on plain clothes aesthetics. These guys are supposed to be flashy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-23-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be honest...I find the latter way cooler. He should still be younger, but beyond that give me a fleshed out costume, even if it isn't my personal ideal, over glorified street clothes any day of the week. It certainly can and should toned down, like those horrid cape clips, but overall I'll take it over a hoody and jeans with holes in them.

Again outside of the New 52's t-shirt and jeans as a temporary and thus purposely rudimentary look, I just have very little appreciation for costumes that rely heavily on plain clothes aesthetics. These guys are supposed to be flashy.
    You know what would be more flashy? A sword.hope he gets it, maybe the old silver age supersword. Then, he can be super-ninja-jedi-boy/teen.it is joke from supersons.
    I Liked the old costume, like a protype. I mean the kid didn't think much of being a superboy until first chapter supersons and damian ,so his costume would be casual. It fit the character. He made it himself and he was 10.

Edit-This is being done for people that did not like the character so, hope it works. Glad you liked it. personally, I am of split about it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-23-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Pic of what might have been.

Pic of what could be
    The Super-Family is one of the best aspects of the Superman mythos. Also, the black pants on Jon's outfit kinda remind me of Bucky when he briefly became Captain America. It wasn't a good time for either Bucky or Cap, but hey, at least he tried his best.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Pic of what could be
    When he's not mid battle or just a contextless concept page, he actually looks pretty good.

Funny enough, this picture and Adventures of Super Sons sold me on Jon's shaggy hair. Even the scar now has something of a more rambunctious rabble-rouser feel to it. Add to it his slight smirk and raised eyebrow, and he's got a sort of intergalactic good natured rogue. Oh, don't worry, he'll save the day, but it'll be a bit messy and untamed, but he's got this, trust him
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-24-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah, a complete 180 of his established character is not what I wanted for his return.

Kon93

DC likes to kill anything that is a good thing they got going,and 10 year old Jon was a good,or better,great thing.

BANNED

Awful New-52 inspired armor, thats all that needs to be said.

The scar is still bothering me because Jon was hinted as having more power than his father.

But if Bendis keeps that, then he may be touching on something really interesting : Superman having to deal with someone with more powers than him that he can't outwit or punch into submission.

I know that some issues of Supergirl dealt with the fact that she's stronger then him, but it's easier to put it at the very fringe of the mythos than it would be with Jon as a slightly grown-up hero with such power.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The scar is still bothering me because Jon was hinted as having more power than his father.

But if Bendis keeps that, then he may be touching on something really interesting : Superman having to deal with someone with more powers than him that he can't outwit or punch into submission.

I know that some issues of Supergirl dealt with the fact that she's stronger then him, but it's easier to put it at the very fringe of the mythos than it would be with Jon as a slightly grown-up hero with such power.

Prime had scars,so it not saying too much,and it's not like superman hasn't went against those who couldn't actually hurt him