Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What?! A year?! Forget kids, I'd be throwing a tantrum too. I thought it will be next month!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What?! A year?! Forget kids, I'd be throwing a tantrum too. I thought it will be next month!
    Tomasi has said HE still has plans for the Super Sons. Look for them to return a lot sooner—in continuity—before next year.

At least, I hope that's the case!
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Tomasi has said HE still has plans for the Super Sons. Look for them to return a lot sooner—in continuity—before next year.

Oh I hope so! I need my World's Finest Junior Edition before then!

It's so good, I kinda wanted it to be canon...
    By hiyashe on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post

according to Bleeding cool, Super Sons re-launches in August with a new 12 issue maxi series called "The Adventures of the Super Sons"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...-peter-tomasi/
    Last edited by chachi; 05-20-2018 at 07:50 AM.

AOSS Cover 1 by Dan Mora

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #1

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Carlo Barberi, cover by Dan Mora, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.

The Super Sons are back in a new 12-issue miniseries. Check out the lost and secret adventures of Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jon Kent (Superboy) in this flashback miniseries that takes a deep dive into the bombastic bromance between the sons of the DC Universe's greatest heroes. It's an epic dual storyline that transcends current events, as Superboy and Robin find themselves targets of an interstellar team of young badasses called the Gang.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 1.

Incredible Member

It's a flashback issue, are they just going to send him to the phantom zone like they did with Chris yeesh. I have so little faith in Bendis.

This maxi series of 12 issues,I bet he will be back by then,not just past tense stories,and heck Bendis could be moved on by then,you never know.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    AOSS Cover 1 by Dan Mora

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #1

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Carlo Barberi, cover by Dan Mora, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.

The Super Sons are back in a new 12-issue miniseries. Check out the lost and secret adventures of Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jon Kent (Superboy) in this flashback miniseries that takes a deep dive into the bombastic bromance between the sons of the DC Universe's greatest heroes. It's an epic dual storyline that transcends current events, as Superboy and Robin find themselves targets of an interstellar team of young badasses called the Gang.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 1.
    I want to make out with that cover but it's underage

Just finished reading Super Sons 16 and it was amazing. The ending is really intriguing, I hope we get to see Jon and Damian's older versions [Kathy's too] that was teased way back in Superman 25 in the "Adventures of Super Sons".

Just finished reading Super Sons 16 and it was amazing. The ending is really intriguing, I hope we get to see Jon and Damian's older versions [Kathy's too] that was teased way back in Superman 25 in the "Adventures of Super Sons".
    I know we're getting that 12 issue series, but this was a really fun series that should not have been canceled/pulled in the first place.

And the ending of 16 wants me to at least see an Elseworld of Jon and Damian in the future with their families and what not. And we got to see (what I think) is an Old Man Bruce that is actually in a good place, and not a perpetual grouch.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know we're getting that 12 issue series, but this was a really fun series that should not have been canceled/pulled in the first place.
    I agree. Sales weren't the issue and it was the perfect set up to get kids interested in comics again so I'm still irritated by its cancellation. If the problem was that Bendis was planning for Jon to be elsewhere during MoS and the early part of his run thereby making him technically unavailable for use then it seems to me that it would have been simpler to just set the next several arcs of Super Sons in the past. That's basically what they've done with the maxi anyway so why cancel the book in the first place?
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

AOSS Cover 1 by Dan Mora.
    Dan Mora!! He's one of my favorites! I've loved his work on Klaus with Morrison, and I've wanted to see him on a Superman project ever since.

I suppose I'll have to settle for a cover.....but it's a start. That's what happened with Sejic too, as I recall; a few covers and next thing you know he's doing a run on Aquaman.

Come on Mora, Metropolis needs you! (and Bendis steals all the best artists, might as well start working with him now, right?)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree. Sales weren't the issue and it was the perfect set up to get kids interested in comics again so I'm still irritated by its cancellation. If the problem was that Bendis was planning for Jon to be elsewhere during MoS and the early part of his run thereby making him technically unavailable for use then it seems to me that it would have been simpler to just set the next several arcs of Super Sons in the past. That's basically what they've done with the maxi anyway so why cancel the book in the first place?
    It's flashback relative to when it comes out of course, not now - it's probably set some time between Superman Special and Man of Steel.

And yeah, neither Super Sons nor Supergirl should've been cancelled. SS would indeed just be set before Bendis's run on Superman, and Supergirl could've had a filler arc. New Super-Man shouldn't have been affected either, so I assume that, unlike the others, that one did bite the dust due to sales.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-24-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I just read the first TPB of Superman: Rebirth. I had been hesitant for a number of reasons. One of which was that I didn't want Jon Kent to be Superboy. I wanted Kon-El to come back and be Superboy. But now that I've read it I love Jon and am really attached to him. I still want Kon to come back, but I kind of want him to come back and be, like, Jon's cool uncle.