Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Check out more of his stuff here http://otter-the-author.tumblr.com/tagged/super+sons I don't want to post more because this is a Jon thread not a Supersons one so don't want to be disrespectful.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-05-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I know! Like in the n52 I only read Batbooks only, and now I'm reading probably 3/4 Super titles and like 2 Bat-Titles.
    I tried getting into Superman a few times but my interest always waned however once Jon and Superdad happened I found myself collecting and devouring everything. Heck i'm even seeking out old Superman stuff like the really early stuff. Jon changed the way i view Superman and gave me a whole new appreciation for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Okay corrections 1st. Damian before he quit the cowl according to Bruce was the best he's ever seen so failed Batman is awfully incorrect ad picking 666 awfully selective though even in that a Batman who stops the Apocalypse is hardly a failure don't you think? Damian as batman surpassed his father and those are Bruce's words.

I'm not sure how long Kyrptonians live and the info out there is conflicting. If they do age. I see Jon going on to equalling/surpassing his father. I think he should take his fathers mantle because the world needs a Superman.
    In my mind at the time when Damian was batman in the Beyondverse Jon was also the Superman but that was ruined by Clark popping up in Beyond
    Well I just used "666" as shorthand since that was the infamous issue number the idea started in. And honestly, I'm not aware of Damien quitting the cowl. Where was this? I know we've seen Damien-Bat in issue 666 and a couple other small appearances but it seems like there might've been more than I knew about.

Kryptonian lifespan is contradictory, depending on the era, the history, and even the writer. I'm not sure where current continuity stands on the issue. But I think Jon is well placed for becoming the next Superman regardless of whether he and his father live eighty years or eight hundred. It'd just be a matter of how long it takes and whether Lois would live to see it. I myself favor a long-lived Superman and wouldn't want to see anyone replace him until every mortal he currently knows is long gone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well I just used "666" as shorthand since that was the infamous issue number the idea started in. And honestly, I'm not aware of Damien quitting the cowl. Where was this? I know we've seen Damien-Bat in issue 666 and a couple other small appearances but it seems like there might've been more than I knew about.

Kryptonian lifespan is contradictory, depending on the era, the history, and even the writer. I'm not sure where current continuity stands on the issue. But I think Jon is well placed for becoming the next Superman regardless of whether he and his father live eighty years or eight hundred. It'd just be a matter of how long it takes and whether Lois would live to see it. I myself favor a long-lived Superman and wouldn't want to see anyone replace him until every mortal he currently knows is long gone.
    That's true. I personally favor legacy over iconography, but I don't see it with Superman. Sure, I love the idea of Supes having 'heirs' like Kara, Jon, Kon (when he comes back) and Kenan. But I see Clark as Superman, so I'm a bit torn. I'd be okay with either Jon being his own hero or being Superman to Damian's Batman

I think when Clark, Bruce, and Diana survived the post-War superhero fallout, and then the switch to Silver Age heroes, they pretty much established themselves as singular entities that'll never be replaced. You see it in stories set in the future with Batman all the time, and to a lesser extent Superman, but in the minds of most it seems the roles of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman will never be held by anyone other than Clark, Bruce, and Diana.

I'm sort of in the middle of it; I like the idea of these guys (Clark and Diana anyway) just enduring and lasting through generations of heroes, but the idea of legacy passed down through your kids is such a....human.....concern its hard not to love the idea of the mantles outlasting their owners too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

@Ascended He quit in the current beyond series leading to Terry. Rise of the Demon which deals with Damian's return to the universe also mentions his time as Batman.

In reality Clark, Bruce and diana I don't see being replaced by anyone. They are too iconic however unlike i the Batverse where Terry is already established as Batman Beyond [something that will also never change] Jon has a real chance of becoming Superman Beyond.

So far weve had Jon, Chris , Clark and Kon in the role in different stories and i think jon has a chance of making that his permanently.

Damian will always have a short career as batman because the role of future batman already belongs to someone else [Terry] Jon doesn't have this handicap and he is very popular so I can see him being Superman Beyond.

My only thing is that writers seem quite fond of the heroes offspring turns bad cliche so we get lots of stories around this but I don't see Jon as anything but good and I am confident that he will grow into a fine Superman even if he doesn't replace his dad as the main Super he will in the Beyondverse.

Superman Beyond series anyone?
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-06-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Thanks for sharing them! He definitely is Kawaii. (Had to look in the internet what Kawaii means. lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    I hate to say this, but some times Jon's eyes remind me sponge Bob eyes he he he.

Its the eyes isn't it?

Pardon me i have not seen the cartoon so can't seem to find the similarities. If there is more i would love to know it!

Aw. That's cute. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Yeah, I think they're testing the waters for him first. I mean, Damian was introduced in 2006 and he got a solo way down the line. And I know! I also thought it was a sweet detail that Bruce and Diana were there when Lois gave birth. That explains why Bruce isn't as cranky as he is when the kids are around

Also: Little detail about Jon is that apparently he is a huge Flash fan, it would be awesome if he got to meet Barry.
    I loved that detail too! Its sweet that the two of them were with them during the birth of Jon. It seems to make them really close friends who they should be. I did not know about him being fan of the Flash. That's awesome. Make them meet already! Perhaps a guest appearance of Barry in some book would do the job for now. Definitely want more. I believe there should be such little interactions to develop these relationships. It makes DC feel richer.

Y'know, I really want to know why DC doesn't have Jon-style shirts for sale yet. Seems like an easy merchandise win right there.
    DC seems to take some time with the new characters. I do hope they make them soon. Kids would definitely love it!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-06-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Supersons Metal

This guy Otter does some excellent Damian and Jon mini comic strips
    Thank you for informing me about that. Definitely worth checking out!

I tried getting into Superman a few times but my interest always waned however once Jon and Superdad happened I found myself collecting and devouring everything. Heck i'm even seeking out old Superman stuff like the really early stuff. Jon changed the way i view Superman and gave me a whole new appreciation for the character.
    Your story sounds kinda familiar. I tried to get into comics during New-52. I was interested in DC with the DC animated universe. New 52 felt...weird? Especially Superman. I deeply respect the New 52 take and plan to read them someday. But it felt weird. Tbh the only title that i have read from that time is Batman. I kept checking Superman news though. His solar flare power. His identity reveal. Dating Wonder Woman. One just keeps news of him. He was special because i had some love for him courtesy the DCAU. But after the end of Justice League Unlimited i had not liked anything with him truthfully. He felt just like anybody else. Not worth the effort. DC Rebirth was yet another time i tried to read comics. And wow is it a ride!

Just like you it is Jon who showed me Superman in a whole new perspective. I am devouring the Superman books with great relish. Just as you i am getting back to the older books and am loving it! Thanks to Jonathan Kent i found Superman!

Check out more of his stuff here http://otter-the-author.tumblr.com/tagged/super+sons I don't want to post more because this is a Jon thread not a Supersons one so don't want to be disrespectful.
    Thanks for the link! I guess Supersons needs yet another thread. I don't know when it will happen since as of now there are so few issues. But i am sure it will get one. Somebody may start it but as of now i think it would be premature.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-06-2017 at 03:33 AM.

So here's a question....

We've seen a possible future for Damien (Gotham 666). We've seen a possible future for Jon (Beyond universe, though Im not sure if thats in continuity anymore?).

What do you see in Jon's future? Is he destined to replace his father? Will he find a name for himself and build a life beyond the shadow of his dad in the same way Nightwing built a life beyond Batman? Will he end up a failed Superman like Damien becomes a failed Batman or will he equal, possibly even surpassing, the Dad of Steel?

Will he ever get a real costume, or continue wearing stuff from Hot Topic?
    Now its a topic i have some mixed feelings. Intellectually Superman dying in 80-100 years of age works better in my opinion. But what appeals to my heart is Superman Dynasty mentioned in DC One Million.

In my canon Jon takes up the mantle of Superman Secundus.

This can work anyday. Superman's pre-eminence stays intact because he is the original. If the dynasty follows his principles and example he gets glorified even more.

DC One Million is my way to end the story of Superman.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-06-2017 at 07:13 AM.

I'm surprised DC isn't already putting out that Superboy top/jacket. It's the most wearable of superhero costumes.

People are already cashing in. I own a n Unofficial Supersons 'Taller Older' tee and there's lots of stuff available online

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Now its a topic i have some mixed feelings. Intellectually Superman dying in 80-100 years of age works better. But what appeals to my heart is Superman Dynasty mentioned in DC One Million.

In my canon Jon takes up the mantle of Superman Secundus.

This can work anyday. In due time he shall be equal to Superman possibly surprassing him. Superman pre-eminence stays intact because he is the original. If the dynasty follows his principles and example he gets glorified even more.

DC One Million is my way to end the story of Superman.
    I love the trope of the son surpassing the father. I don't mind Jon being Superman Secundus so long as he gets to carry on his fathers legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Thanks for the link! I guess Supersons needs yet another thread. I don't know when it will happen since as of now there are so few issues. But i am sure it will get one. Somebody may start it but as of now i think it would be premature.
    There is a Supersons thread already and I posted some there. I just wanted to keep the Damian content to a minimum but felt fellow Jon fans should be aware of this artist.