Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I am thinking since they have foreshadowed Jon potentially getting more powerful than Clark in Superman and in Super Sons they mention that Jon is going to get more powers soon perhaps Jon loses control of his powers and that results in the millions of people being hurt. Damian perhaps tried to help him control it, and that leads to it. I don't see Damian doing anything to Jon that Jon did not go along with. Especially with so much time passing they would have an understanding and friendship by that point. I literally think they are going to establish them having a bad future and just shutting down why it does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    wow I didn't know there is a Jon Kent appreciation thread. I'm glad someone finally did it.

Jon has really grown on me since I first read Superman: Lois and Clark back then in order to understand the circumstance surrounding Rebirth Superman if I wanted to read and follow both Rebirth Superman and Action Comics. I liked it even more that this kid would have a dynamic with my most fav Damian (I admit this is the biggest reason why I was drawn to the character). While I like him in Superman title and the family dynamic between Clark, Lois, and Jon, I think Jon is shining even more in Super Sons. He is so cute and innocent but still has his witty remarks against Damian. He is the only person beside Dick and Alfred whom Damian can feel at ease with these days and both boys really have a great dynamic that I dig.

I really hope Jon will stay for a long time.

However, I've already said this in Damian appreciation thread before and I will say it again, I'm getting tired of the tendency to write Jon going against his father's side or be responsible for a bad, massive incident in the future. I mean he's like he was just created last year and already has several possibilities of him going dark. He's Superman's son after all, not Batman's, and that going dark tendency doesn't really sit well with me.

That being said, I really hope the upcoming Super Sons of Tomorrow arc will be handled well. I'm afraid if there will be things that will taint the Super Sons friendship that has developed in a closer way up to Super Sons #9. I hope that won't be the case of issue #12.
    I agree with you. There are a lot of teases that he might turn bad or go against his father. That's quite a lot for one year and a half. I don't like that. To be frank i am noticing this in lots of places with different characters. Detective Comics, Justice League, Titans are a few i can say at the top of my head. Its a future version of a hero or a relative perhaps a mother or a father even a brother. Its happening quite a lot. Jon is the one i dislike the most. He is a very new character. He needs time to be accepted and loved. If not handled well it might sour fan's goodwill. He is the last person i would think of getting evil. Superman can't save his own son what to speak of the world. Not a pretty picture.

The indications are he would be as great as his father possibly surprassing him. Ending on a happier note i honestly want this to happen someday.

Just add Damian and a miniseries with the three of them: Jon Kent, Damian Wayne and Annie Parker. It would be just like meeting of Superman, Batman and Spider-man. (Is it me or it looks like they are flirting? Jeez can't the big ones have proper adventures. Why do we wish to pair them off?)
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-11-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I agree with you. There are a lot of teases that he might turn bad or go against his father. That's quite a lot for one year and a half. I don't like that. To be frank i am noticing this in lots of places with different characters. Detective Comics, Justice League, Titans are a few i can say at the top of my head. Its a future version of a hero or a relative perhaps a mother or a father even a brother. Its happening quite a lot. Jon is the one i dislike the most. He is a very new character. He needs time to be accepted and loved. If not handled well it might sour fan's goodwill. He is the last person i would think of getting evil. Superman can't save his own son what to speak of the world. Not a pretty picture.

The indications are he would be as great as his father possibly surprassing him. Ending on a happier note i honestly want this to happen someday.

Just add Damian and a miniseries with the three of them: Jon Kent, Damian Wayne and Annie Parker. It would be just like meeting of Superman, Batman and Spider-man. (Is it me or it looks like they are flirting? Jeez can't the big ones have proper adventures. Why do we wish to pair them off?)
    On the way I see it, when Jon has disagreements with his Father (for example, the whole Jor-El mess in the Oz Effect) it shows that he is not a Clark-lite, though they are pretty similar obviously. On this one, it was understandably that he sided with his grandfather considering he doesn't know any of them (though he will get to know Sam Lane!). Part of growing up means that your parents aren't perfect, but I don't see present Jon turning evil. He is he son of Superman after all

That is a cute fanart! Haven't read Renew Your Vows because I'm pretty separated from Marvel, but that girl looks adorable

BANNED

As of now, Annie Parker's just a wee bit out of Jon's age range

Fantastic Member

They are aging Anne Parker up soon I think she is supposed to be in high school now they are doing an eight-year time jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As of now, Annie Parker's just a wee bit out of Jon's age range
    Seeing older ladies is cooler. That fanart makes Annie look older though. Here's another.

It seems that people are too much into aging her. A 16 year Annie can date. Hopefully the book does not become a Spider-girl book. (Spiderling is awkward for a 16 year old).

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    On the way I see it, when Jon has disagreements with his Father (for example, the whole Jor-El mess in the Oz Effect) it shows that he is not a Clark-lite, though they are pretty similar obviously. On this one, it was understandably that he sided with his grandfather considering he doesn't know any of them (though he will get to know Sam Lane!). Part of growing up means that your parents aren't perfect, but I don't see present Jon turning evil. He is he son of Superman after all

That is a cute fanart! Haven't read Renew Your Vows because I'm pretty separated from Marvel, but that girl looks adorable
    Oh she is adorable!

Or used to be. She used to be eight years old. Now she's 16 after a time skip. An 8 year old girl would have been an interesting addition to 'Supersons'. That way Jon would no longer be the kid of the group. (Waiting for that little girl of Diana). I am separated from Marvel too. RYV is pretty good. Apart from this i get one more book starring a bushy tailed hero. That one is one of the best books i am reading right now.

I agree with you. They have actually handled Jon pretty well till now even with those ugly teases. As of now i am very satisfied in how they have handled him. One complaint is that there's hardly any mother son bonding in the books themselves. You are right about him not being Clark Kent-lite. Which is actually a good thing. Yet he reminds me a lot about his illustrious father. The preview of the next issue showed him about to jump in to save a dog. The kid has a lot of heart. I feel proud of him. As if he is a kid of my own and is growing up to become like me.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-11-2017 at 11:22 AM.

I agree with you. They have actally handled Jon pretty well till now. You are right about him not being Clark Kent-lite. Which is actually a good thing. Yet he reminds me a lot about his illustrious father. The preview of the next issue showed him about to jump in to save a dog. The kid has a lot of heart. I feel proud of him. As if he is a kid of my own and is growing up to become like me.
    The preview for Super Sons #10 is out already? I'm going to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    The preview for Super Sons #10 is out already? I'm going to check it out.
    No not Supersons! Superman #35.

No not Supersons! Superman #35.
    Oh that explains why I can't find the preview.
    Jon has a good heart indeed. I can say it is impossible for him to turn dark, or worse, evil in the future.
    Although this got me wondering what kind of teenager Jon will be when teenage hormone starts to kick in. He seems to have the potential to be rebellious and independent like his mom

I saw this interesting for this appreciation, Your boy in the animated world(fanmade)..

Screen Shot 464.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-11-2017 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Looks pretty convincing

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw this interesting for this appreciation, Your boy in the animated world(fanmade)..

Screen Shot 464.jpg
    Awesome pic! thank you for sharing

Seeing older ladies is cooler. That fanart makes Annie look older though. Here's another.

It seems that people are too much into aging her. A 16 year Annie can date. Hopefully the book does not become a Spider-girl book. (Spiderling is awkward for a 16 year old).

Oh she is adorable!

Or used to be. She used to be eight years old. Now she's 16 after a time skip. An 8 year old girl would have been an interesting addition to 'Supersons'. That way Jon would no longer be the kid of the group. (Waiting for that little girl of Diana). I am separated from Marvel too. RYV is pretty good. Apart from this i get one more book starring a bushy tailed hero. That one is one of the best books i am reading right now.

I agree with you. They have actually handled Jon pretty well till now even with those ugly teases. As of now i am very satisfied in how they have handled him. One complaint is that there's hardly any mother son bonding in the books themselves. You are right about him not being Clark Kent-lite. Which is actually a good thing. Yet he reminds me a lot about his illustrious father. The preview of the next issue showed him about to jump in to save a dog. The kid has a lot of heart. I feel proud of him. As if he is a kid of my own and is growing up to become like me.
    I'd love more Jon-Lois interactions, to be honest (well, more Lois in general), I see shades of Lois when Jon is being sassy around Damian. Yes, he is a lot like his Father, but he is not Clark Lite. I know you haven't read books with Kon-El, but I actually think that making him closer to Clark personality-wise damaged his character a little imo. I would dig a teenage Jon, the fanart I have seen it's pretty good but it reminds me too much of Kon and it pulls my heartstrings.. I would like Diana to have a little girl too, but not at the moment, I don't think her verse is strong or constant enough like the Supes/Bats worlds, and also, my favorite character of all time is the current Wonder Girl and I'd be a little mad if she got replaced.

I'd love more Jon-Lois interactions, to be honest (well, more Lois in general), I see shades of Lois when Jon is being sassy around Damian. Yes, he is a lot like his Father, but he is not Clark Lite. I know you haven't read books with Kon-El, but I actually think that making him closer to Clark personality-wise damaged his character a little imo.
    True that's also part of the reason why I like Jon. He may have Clark's physical feature, super powers, and his big heart towards justice, but besides that, you can see a lot of Lois in him too. His sassiness, rebellious tendency, and thirst for adventure... I like it.

So yeah more Lois-Jon please

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Screen Shot 464.jpg
    That's cool! Thanks for sharing Adrikto.

Awesome pic! thank you for sharing

I'd love more Jon-Lois interactions, to be honest (well, more Lois in general), I see shades of Lois when Jon is being sassy around Damian. Yes, he is a lot like his Father, but he is not Clark Lite. I know you haven't read books with Kon-El, but I actually think that making him closer to Clark personality-wise damaged his character a little imo. I would dig a teenage Jon, the fanart I have seen it's pretty good but it reminds me too much of Kon and it pulls my heartstrings.. I would like Diana to have a little girl too, but not at the moment, I don't think her verse is strong or constant enough like the Supes/Bats worlds, and also, my favorite character of all time is the current Wonder Girl and I'd be a little mad if she got replaced.
    Okay making him personality wise as Clark might prove erroneous. He is definitely going to be more rebellious in coming years. How they will balance his mother and father's sides and keep him a unique and interesting enough would be important in the future. In the canon of my mind in the future when he takes up the mantle of Superman Secundus, he is as good as his father so that Superman would not even be needed anymore. But i don't think that we can see such a day. They are not going to age him very significantly. I wish Kon to return too. Its always better to have more and fans would be happy too. He is a good enough character to have his own series and be part of important teams and relationships over so many years. It feels odd that while Rebirth s trying to restore all the previous relationships, there's a big hole called Kon-El.

I agree about the time for Wonder Woman's kid not right. Her comics feel more unstable then Superman at times which had a semi quasi-reboot in Reborn. But someday i wish that to happen. I don't know about Wonder Girl. Do you mean Donna Troy?

That's cool! Thanks for sharing Adrikto.

Okay making him personality wise as Clark might prove erroneous. He is definitely going to be more rebellious in coming years. How they will balance his mother and father's sides and keep him a unique and interesting enough would be important in the future. In the canon of my mind in the future when he takes up the mantle of Superman Secundus, he is as good as his father so that Superman would not even be needed anymore. But i don't think that we can see such a day. They are not going to age him very significantly. I wish Kon to return too. Its always better to have more and fans would be happy too. He is a good enough character to have his own series and be part of important teams and relationships over so many years. It feels odd that while Rebirth s trying to restore all the previous relationships, there's a big hole called Kon-El.

I agree about the time for Wonder Woman's kid not right. Her comics feel more unstable then Superman at times which had a semi quasi-reboot in Reborn. But someday i wish that to happen. I don't know about Wonder Girl. Do you mean Donna Troy?
    I would love personally see a future with Superman!Jon, it seems to be what he wants to be in the future, and hell, who can blame him? If Superman was my dad, I'd love to be like him though I'd be okay with him taking another mantle. I really don't like/care about the Beyond Universe, because I feel every fan should see every 'future' that they want, depending of who is your favorite Robin, you should see a future with said Robin as Batman if you want to unlike a 'set in stone future'.

Oh yeah, tell me about it and actually Diana and Steve had a child on pre-crisis, it would be interesting to re-visit that scenario some day. Maybe in an another timeline and then the idea can be 'passed' to the main universe. And no, I actually meant the second (and current) Wonder Girl, Cassie Sandsmark (Though I love Donna too, and a lot) ,she belongs with Tim's generation and you should definitely read the old Young Justice comics if you have the chance, they're not like the show (if you ever saw it) but they are a lot of fun on their own way.