Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    True that's also part of the reason why I like Jon. He may have Clark's physical feature, super powers, and his big heart towards justice, but besides that, you can see a lot of Lois in him too. His sassiness, rebellious tendency, and thirst for adventure... I like it.

So yeah more Lois-Jon please
    Alright i will try to look more closely from now on. From your words it seems that he has qualities of both his mother and father and i have been kind of blind. That's great. Let him be a fun character while he slowly grows having qualities of both as he becomes his own character. I so wish there is more Lois and Jon moments. At present i can remember the awesome battle on the moon and in Supersons where Lois was angry at both Damian and Jon. The thing is there are always more people around when Lois and Jon are talking together. If someone can remember some times between Lois and Jon? Let us exercise our memory. Other characters can be present too. Only mother and son? I believe such scenes can be counted in our hands. They are practically non-existent.

Thankfully there are some issues focused on Lois otherwise i would be very angry right now. By all means have those issues on Lois. She is so awesome. Sometime back i was reading an article with best comics of Lois each decade. Let this decade have some great Lois Lane issues. I keep waiting for that solo though.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I would love personally see a future with Superman!Jon, it seems to be what he wants to be in the future, and hell, who can blame him? If Superman was my dad, I'd love to be like him though I'd be okay with him taking another mantle. I really don't like/care about the Beyond Universe, because I feel every fan should see every 'future' that they want, depending of who is your favorite Robin, you should see a future with said Robin as Batman if you want to unlike a 'set in stone future'.

Oh yeah, tell me about it and actually Diana and Steve had a child on pre-crisis, it would be interesting to re-visit that scenario some day. Maybe in an another timeline and then the idea can be 'passed' to the main universe. And no, I actually meant the second (and current) Wonder Girl, Cassie Sandsmark (Though I love Donna too, and a lot) ,she belongs with Tim's generation and you should definitely read the old Young Justice comics if you have the chance, they're not like the show (if you ever saw it) but they are a lot of fun on their own way.

Have you read DC One Million? I keep that as the future of DCU. It has a benefit that one can fit in LOSH and Beyond too with some modifications. The book mentions a Superman Secundus whose identity is kept vague. Entrusting Earth to this Superman the original leaves Earth to the edge of the universe after outliving all his friends. He returns later. It also has the most fitting ending for Superman. I always love stories with the words, 'And they happily lived ever after'. Its an awesome event too. I wonder why no one talks about it? Perhaps because its too Superman centric. Or perhaps people always prefer dystopian futures.

Who becomes Batman? I am kinda mixed here. I would love to see Damian. Supersons means he has become my favorite Robin now. The other choice would be Dick Grayson. He is the first son of Batman. Him being Batman makes all sense. I don't have love for Beyond too. Its an excellent concept but i don't find appeal in it. One reason is Lois dead and Superman with grey hair with no chance of reuniting them. I don't like to see that. Come on man where is your imagination! Other is that the world somehow deteriorates inspite of the heroes' best efforts. Finally, it is the kind of future they keep teasing like Damian killing everyone or Tim carrying guns. Basically the Bat-family is kind of divided. Its too weird to see that Batman fails? Its true that a true Batman story does not end with his victory but still i wish the next generation work together and they win in the end. Anyone can wear the mantle of Batman. If the family stays united Batman may finally win through his sons and Gotham is something brighter and becomes a good place to live. But for that we have to look into a further future. If Gotham is not worse then now, how would you publish a book which is 'Batman Of The Future'? But it is an excellent book and concept. Just not to my tastes.

About Wonder Woman i also feel sorry. I did not know that they had a kid before Crisis. They really did things which are odd and hurt her. Things i read at WW section. Making her Wonder Woman 7 years after Superman's debut. Taking away the connection with Donna Troy. Making Steve a father figure? (This is the strangest thing. Try to make Lois a mother figure for Superman. What were they thinking?). They constantly change her world which also means that she is practically alone. Batman has the best advantage here. His history is basically the same since at least the silver age. Superman's is better then Diana. There's something called a setting and a certain history which can be traced to post crisis if one wishes to. But Diana? I stress that she needs another book. In that way they can build her world and something like a Wonder Girl can happen. One book is not enough even if it is biweekly. Cassie Sandsmark. I will have to look her up. I have only heard her name. I am sorry that she is absent now.

Young Justice. That's yet another book recommended here. I would add it to my list. I am in Superman from Bryne to forwards. There's older stories before COIE. There's the recommendations of Assam about Cassandra Cain. There's Hickman's Fantastic Four recommended by Superlad. I am yet to read your Wonder Woman #170. (I should get that soon. Its just one issue). List keeps getting bigger. I so wish i was reading comics for years now. I was reading some Batman before Rebirth. So atleast the classics are covered there along with Snyder.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.

BANNED

jon kent is such a tiny kid....i expected the son of superman to be a giant

but he is actually very scrawny

Fantastic Member

He's ten he'll go through puberty eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Alright i will try to look more closely from now on. From your words it seems that he has qualities of both his mother and father and i have been kind of blind. That's great. Let him be a fun character while he slowly grows having qualities of both as he becomes his own character. I so wish there is more Lois and Jon moments. At present i can remember the awesome battle on the moon and in Supersons where Lois was angry at both Damian and Jon. The thing is there are always more people around when Lois and Jon are talking together. If someone can remember some times between Lois and Jon? Let us exercise our memory. Other characters can be present too. Only mother and son? I believe such scenes can be counted in our hands. They are practically non-existent.

Thankfully there are some issues focused on Lois otherwise i would be very angry right now. By all means have those issues on Lois. She is so awesome. Sometime back i was reading an article with best comics of Lois each decade. Let this decade have some great Lois Lane issues. I keep waiting for that solo though.
    The most obvious one I can remember of Jon inheriting Lois's qualities is in Superman: Lois and Clark trade when Jon slacking off in his class researching Superman. Otherwise it's more subtle I guess but still there. After all he knows that sneaking off with Damian in the night is a no but he still did it. And now he's thirsty of more superheroing adventure on his own. That's how I personally see Jon anyway.

I'm in for Lois solo. To be honest I'm a new reader on Superman but I've known of Superman and Lois since I was still a kid. Now that I read comics, I started my first Superman and Action in Rebirth and I'm so glad I did. I've also tried reading post-crisis Superman issues whenever I have the time.

Who becomes Batman? I am kinda mixed here. I would love to see Damian. Supersons means he has become my favorite Robin now. The other choice would be Dick Grayson. He is the first son of Batman. Him being Batman makes all sense. I don't have love for Beyond too. Its an excellent concept but i don't find appeal in it. One reason is Lois dead and Superman with grey hair with no chance of reuniting them. I don't like to see that. Come on man where is your imagination! Other is that the world somehow deteriorates inspite of the heroes' best efforts. Finally, it is the kind of future they keep teasing like Damian killing everyone or Tim carrying guns. Basically the Bat-family is kind of divided. Its too weird to see that Batman fails? Its true that a true Batman story does not end with his victory but still i wish the next generation work together and they win in the end. Anyone can wear the mantle of Batman. If the family stays united Batman may finally win through his sons and Gotham is something brighter and becomes a good place to live. But for that we have to look into a further future. If Gotham is not worse then now, how would you publish a book which is 'Batman Of The Future'? But it is an excellent book and concept. Just not to my tastes.
    As a Damian big fan I used to want Damian becoming future Batman, but every setting of him as Batman is mostly a doom for the character, to the point that I'm getting tired and have more or less changed my mind. I'm not fond of Beyond setting either but I love what Jurgens has done for Damian. Him becoming the new Demon's Head, leading The League for good, taking care of more global crisis, and becoming an ally to Batfam is brilliant and badass.

Another option is I'd prefer Damian growing out of any of his heritages and become someone new.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 11-13-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Anyway I'm taking this from Damian appreciation thread:

Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    jon kent is such a tiny kid....i expected the son of superman to be a giant

but he is actually very scrawny
    I hope you are not thinking about Hagrid.

That's him at the age of 6. Superman is huge. But he's 6'3. And Jon is only 10 years old. And still taller then Damian who is 13 and has Batman as his father who is 6'2.

Give him time and he would grow into a strapping young lad. Though i kind of prefer him to be like this.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-13-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Young Justice. That's yet another book recommended here. I would add it to my list.
    Oh dude, you would just love Young Justice! Back in the day that was my favorite title.

It recently got collected too (at least the first part?), so you might even have a good chance of hunting it down.

You should definitely put that near the top of your reading pile. I promise you, before you're done you'll be screaming for the return of Bart Allen so he can hang with the Super-Sons.

If you're familiar with the cartoon though, a word of warning; cartoon is nothing like the comic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Awww. I love that even Damian is proud obviously they are growing close (Like all Bats and Supes should be)

Have you read DC One Million? I keep that as the future of DCU. It has a benefit that one can fit in LOSH and Beyond too with some modifications. The book mentions a Superman Secundus whose identity is kept vague. Entrusting Earth to this Superman the original leaves Earth to the edge of the universe after outliving all his friends. He returns later. It also has the most fitting ending for Superman. I always love stories with the words, 'And they happily lived ever after'. Its an awesome event too. I wonder why no one talks about it? Perhaps because its too Superman centric. Or perhaps people always prefer dystopian futures.

About Wonder Woman i also feel sorry. I did not know that they had a kid before Crisis. They really did things which are odd and hurt her. Things i read at WW section. Making her Wonder Woman 7 years after Superman's debut. Taking away the connection with Donna Troy. Making Steve a father figure? (This is the strangest thing. Try to make Lois a mother figure for Superman. What were they thinking?). They constantly change her world which also means that she is practically alone. Batman has the best advantage here. His history is basically the same since at least the silver age. Superman's is better then Diana. There's something called a setting and a certain history which can be traced to post crisis if one wishes to. But Diana? I stress that she needs another book. In that way they can build her world and something like a Wonder Girl can happen. One book is not enough even if it is biweekly. Cassie Sandsmark. I will have to look her up. I have only heard her name. I am sorry that she is absent now.

Young Justice. That's yet another book recommended here. I would add it to my list. I am in Superman from Bryne to forwards. There's older stories before COIE. There's the recommendations of Assam about Cassandra Cain. There's Hickman's Fantastic Four recommended by Superlad. I am yet to read your Wonder Woman #170. (I should get that soon. Its just one issue). List keeps getting bigger. I so wish i was reading comics for years now. I was reading some Batman before Rebirth. So atleast the classics are covered there along with Snyder.
    I actually know a few scenes with him and Lois, but they are mostly on the first arc on Action when Diana is helping them get away while Supes beats Doomsday. I wish the 'human' part of Jon that would be Lois/the Planet wouldn't be so ignored, at least we may get some Jon and Lois moments with Jon getting to know Sam Lane (hopefully). I also would like to see what human career would interest Jon (even if he is very young). Maybe he wants to be an astronaut or a journalist like his mom and dad.

I haven't read One Million! But for what I've heard is one of my ideal 'endgames' for the DCU. I like the idea of a dystopian future, but not that all futures are dystopian futures. That's why it bothers me so much that all the Robins 'failed' to be Batman in every endgame like Titans of Tomorrow or Batman 666. Damian and Tim could be great Batmen if it came to it! Hell, Jason would be a good Batman if he left the guns at home. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Damian as Batman, but I also like the idea where he finds his own persona and decides he doesn't have to be Bruce or Ra.

Diana is...complex. The idea with Steve was a bit weird, yes, and it made him unnecessary long term (not that I mind, I love other supporting character in the Wonder Verse more, but still, poor guy, him and Etta got the short end of the stick) and despite everything...I consider that run of Wondy one of the best out there, though the bad things stayed in the long run, unfortunately. Agreed that WW needs a second book, hell, I'm developing my own wonder verse right now. Byrne's job on WW isn't as hailed as when he worked on Superman or in Uncanny X-Men, but he created Cassie and....that's the only thing I'll give him credit for. I know you have a lot of recommendations on your list, but I'd definitely add Rucka's first run onto your to-read, this run was fantastic, but the first one was incredible (imo). It's actually my second favorite WW run, and nice that you're reading FF! I am as well, but I'm in the very early issues with Lee/Kirby, I'm considering getting the Hickman run, but I don't know if going in order.

Speaking of the FF, there is a comic named Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius, that if DC were smart would do something similar with a little!Jon, for younger audiences.

The most obvious one I can remember of Jon inheriting Lois's qualities is in Superman: Lois and Clark trade when Jon slacking off in his class researching Superman. Otherwise it's more subtle I guess but still there. After all he knows that sneaking off with Damian in the night is a no but he still did it. And now he's thirsty of more superheroing adventure on his own. That's how I personally see Jon anyway.

I'm in for Lois solo. To be honest I'm a new reader on Superman but I've known of Superman and Lois since I was still a kid. Now that I read comics, I started my first Superman and Action in Rebirth and I'm so glad I did. I've also tried reading post-crisis Superman issues whenever I have the time.

As a Damian big fan I used to want Damian becoming future Batman, but every setting of him as Batman is mostly a doom for the character, to the point that I'm getting tired and have more or less changed my mind. I'm not fond of Beyond setting either but I love what Jurgens has done for Damian. Him becoming the new Demon's Head, leading The League for good, taking care of more global crisis, and becoming an ally to Batfam is brilliant and badass.

Another option is I'd prefer Damian growing out of any of his heritages and become someone new.
    Its great. Your experience sounds similar to me. Who does not know Superman and Lois Lane? Just like you i tried comics at Rebirth. And i am really happy that i did that. I am also checking out Post Crisis Superman and am loving that. There's so much to read only in Superman let alone other books.

I will look back at the issues of Lois and Clark again. I loved it a lot. Haven't read them since a while.

Thank you for informing me about Damian in Beyond. That's a great direction. I am happy as long as the Bat family are using their abilities and resources and trying to make a better world. I am happy if anyone is taking up the cowl as long as they are together and carrying out the battle started by Batman. There could be differences but they are heroes is good news.

Thank you for sharing this! The kid is growing fast. Couldn't put it better then Sakuyamoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh dude, you would just love Young Justice! Back in the day that was my favorite title.

It recently got collected too (at least the first part?), so you might even have a good chance of hunting it down.

You should definitely put that near the top of your reading pile. I promise you, before you're done you'll be screaming for the return of Bart Allen so he can hang with the Super-Sons.

If you're familiar with the cartoon though, a word of warning; cartoon is nothing like the comic.
    Another thumbs up! Oh boy my hands are full now. Its going to be some busy and wonderful months if not years. I did not watch Young Justice show. Cartoon Network was erratically available in my home. Thus, i have not seen a lot of things. About this i am not worried though. If i prioritize everything i might end up with nothing. Maybe its for some other day realistically speaking month/year. I am going to enjoy things as i move ahead.

YJ comics has moved up now. Stressing Bart Allen for Supersons? I am intrigued. Even though i don't know about him. Allen? I guess he is a relative perhaps a nephew of Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Awww. I love that even Damian is proud obviously they are growing close (Like all Bats and Supes should be)

I actually know a few scenes with him and Lois, but they are mostly on the first arc on Action when Diana is helping them get away while Supes beats Doomsday. I wish the 'human' part of Jon that would be Lois/the Planet wouldn't be so ignored, at least we may get some Jon and Lois moments with Jon getting to know Sam Lane (hopefully). I also would like to see what human career would interest Jon (even if he is very young). Maybe he wants to be an astronaut or a journalist like his mom and dad.

I haven't read One Million! But for what I've heard is one of my ideal 'endgames' for the DCU. I like the idea of a dystopian future, but not that all futures are dystopian futures. That's why it bothers me so much that all the Robins 'failed' to be Batman in every endgame like Titans of Tomorrow or Batman 666. Damian and Tim could be great Batmen if it came to it! Hell, Jason would be a good Batman if he left the guns at home. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Damian as Batman, but I also like the idea where he finds his own persona and decides he doesn't have to be Bruce or Ra.

Diana is...complex. The idea with Steve was a bit weird, yes, and it made him unnecessary long term (not that I mind, I love other supporting character in the Wonder Verse more, but still, poor guy, him and Etta got the short end of the stick) and despite everything...I consider that run of Wondy one of the best out there, though the bad things stayed in the long run, unfortunately. Agreed that WW needs a second book, hell, I'm developing my own wonder verse right now. Byrne's job on WW isn't as hailed as when he worked on Superman or in Uncanny X-Men, but he created Cassie and....that's the only thing I'll give him credit for. I know you have a lot of recommendations on your list, but I'd definitely add Rucka's first run onto your to-read, this run was fantastic, but the first one was incredible (imo). It's actually my second favorite WW run, and nice that you're reading FF! I am as well, but I'm in the very early issues with Lee/Kirby, I'm considering getting the Hickman run, but I don't know if going in order.

Speaking of the FF, there is a comic named Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius, that if DC were smart would do something similar with a little!Jon, for younger audiences.
    How did i end up reading DC One Million? I haven't read other events. I did read some Superman related issues of Convergence. Its because i read some articles. Its among the best events in comics. If you could manage it do read it someday. I am sharing a link. Mind you there are spoilers about its ending. Did not bother me though. Its almost twenty years old and a lot of fans know about it.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...est-crossover/

Action Comics had some time between them. Yes that's true. I tend to forget that. I haven't read it in a while. This also bothers me that none of the Robins end up being Batman for real. Each one can be a Batman. Let there be some stories where they succeed. Some elseworlds. There is hardly any for now. I am open to Damian being in a different role. As long as he is one of the good guys its fine for me.

Diana is complex. No doubt about that. I am saying that she absolutely needs another book. In these times of decompressed storylines its difficult to develop her world in one title. I am getting Rucka someday. It was in my sights if not list. Here i put that. I read WW #170. I seriously loved it. I haven't read a more satisfying WW issue till now.

I did not know about Franklin book. Its at least worth a google. And may be to read someday.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-14-2017 at 02:07 AM.

BANNED

I want to see Jon Kent and Supergirl team up or anything in the DCU that isn't Damien and Superman to work with Jon Kent of a mini-series or something as DC is truly limiting the character and not fully expanding him upon the greater DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I want to see Jon Kent and Supergirl team up or anything in the DCU that isn't Damien and Superman to work with Jon Kent of a mini-series or something as DC is truly limiting the character and not fully expanding him upon the greater DCU.
    He’s a new character, who happens to be on Damian’s range. For now, him being on Supersons and Superman is okay, and it is stated that he has relationships with the Titans. He will probably get his mini series at some point, but for now he is doing okay limiting himself on the Super-Titles.

I think for a new character, Jon's already doing pretty great. He has a lot of panel appearances in Superman, sometimes in Action. Even only in the span of barely one year (if I'm not mistaken) he's already given a separate book where he is one half of a duo. For a kid character these days, I think even that's pretty impressive. No other kid characters in DC (not counting Damian, of course) has been gifted with this kind of treatment as far as I am aware.

That aside, I still think Jon hasn't yet fully established and solidified his place in DCU. I think even with Damian and his father, he needs to work on his character development, perhaps exploring his super powers and learning to live with them, struggling between his life as a normal kid and as a kid hero, solidifying his status as a superhero, and all those stuffs, so that fans will be more invested with his character as his own, not merely as Superman's son. Even his relationship with Damian is still a work-in-progress. Give him more time to flesh out his character work first before spreading his wings to a greater DCU.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 11-14-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Its so nice to hear that you have such love for Jon! Once there are more like us, DC would have no choice but to fulfill our wishes. He would be so prominent that he would have his own film trilogy someday. I agree with you. I especially want him to team up with Kara. She is the coolest one to team up with Jon. There are seeds in Supergirl #8 in case you haven't read that. Its a pity that DC is not building upon it. Here's a living breathing Kryptonian who is not bad (a really rare species), who is also family. For all purposes Superman is at best a hybrid between Kyrptonian and Earthling. (My limited vocab fails me. Hybrid? Is he a plant?).

In story reasons is i guess that he is only 10. At this age parents are more protective even if you happen to be the son of Superman. His parents are allowing him to ease into his role while protecting him. Its awesome that they allow him to even hang out with Damian. Surely, there is a brighter future as Sakuyamoms mentioned. He is going to be in Teen Titans someday soon. Perhaps when he is a teen himself. He will meet more heroes and would get a mini, maybe a solo. I say handle him carefully. Let him be part of good books as now. Supersons and the Super titles is good work. I just wish he gets to appear in Supergirl even if in passing. Its strange that Kara did not show up in Oz Effect. There shall be a loving relationship between them. (She's his aunt. A cool development for Supergirl herself). Let him be part of good to great stories. At present he's doing okay. The fact that there are so many fans who are passionate like you indicates that he's been quite a success.

I agree with Fanfan that some character work is needed. At present he is being said more as son of Superman or cute. Both are awesome btw. And by character work i don't mean darker or edgy. He shall feel natural. Its a work in progress. To DC, keep up the good work and do more. You have something special in Jon Kent.

Art!

Speaking of character work a question for fans. How different is he from Conner Kent of the 90s? Can the writers take some cues from there? Conner won't be back as Superboy of the 90s. I think he would be back wearing that black T-shirt. Is there a vacant place? It looks like we already have some success in Conner. I am not saying he shall be Conner lite. If DC does not have a plan can they learn something from the previous success?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-14-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Another thumbs up! Oh boy my hands are full now. Its going to be some busy and wonderful months if not years. I did not watch Young Justice show. Cartoon Network was erratically available in my home. Thus, i have not seen a lot of things. About this i am not worried though. If i prioritize everything i might end up with nothing. Maybe its for some other day realistically speaking month/year. I am going to enjoy things as i move ahead.

YJ comics has moved up now. Stressing Bart Allen for Supersons? I am intrigued. Even though i don't know about him. Allen? I guess he is a relative perhaps a nephew of Barry Allen.
    I won't spoil things about Bart for you. He was a great character and yes, he has ties to the Flash dynasty. I mention him specifically because, well....once you get around to reading Young Justice you'll see how he bounced off of Tim Drake and Conner Kent and the dynamic between the three of them, and after reading that you'll really want to see him interact with Jon and Damien.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Speaking of character work a question for fans. How different is he from Conner Kent of the 90s? Can the writers take some cues from there? Conner won't be back as Superboy of the 90s. I think he would be back wearing that black T-shirt. Is there a vacant place? It looks like we already have some success in Conner. I am not saying he shall be Conner lite. If DC does not have a plan can they learn something from the previous success?
    I would love 90s Kon back, that boy screamed personality.

Kon and Jon are very different characters, with different personalities, and Kon was introduced as a teen while Jon is still a kid, so obviously they are mean to be different. The way they interact with Clark was different as well. So I don't see DC making Jon a Kon II (though I can imagine Lois face if Jon arrived with a leather jacket back home and with a strong attitude, haha) the thing they have in common is that attitude towards Robins though Kon and Tim did not meet eye-to-eye at the beginning, and that's okay! They can appeal to different character tastes.