Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Super Sons 10 was fantastic like always. Now Jon and Damian has an underwater headquarters and our Superboy named it Fortress of Attitude Damian is going to join Jon's school, probably as a classmate. Would be hilarious to see their interactions in classroom. Jon cannot keep secrets from his parents because his father has super hearing and mother has super-mind reading Total fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Super Sons 10 was fantastic like always. Now Jon and Damian has an underwater headquarters and our Superboy named it Fortress of Attitude Damian is going to join Jon's school, probably as a classmate. Would be hilarious to see their interactions in classroom. Jon cannot keep secrets from his parents because his father has super hearing and mother has super-mind reading Total fun.
    Jon Kent. The Best of two worlds.

Anyone else catch the name of the school?

Homage to the OG's.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Anyone else catch the name of the school?

Homage to the OG's.
    Yes i got that! I was so happy.

Where's the like button? I agree with you totally.

Jon cannot keep secrets from his parents because his father has super hearing and mother has super-mind reading Total fun.
    I totally loved that Lois has super-mind reading! It really hit home for me.

What I love about Jon in Super Sons is: he really is a kid. Like the wi-fi comment and Jon being happier seeing a mini fridge fiilled with foods. Tomasi is really good writing actual kids. It feels really natural and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post

What I love about Jon in Super Sons is: he really is a kid. Like the wi-fi comment and Jon being happier seeing a mini fridge fiilled with foods. Tomasi is really good writing actual kids. It feels really natural and fun.
    And Jon being about the only one to really bring out Damian's inner kid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Jon being about the only one to really bring out Damian's inner kid as well.
    I agree with both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Art!

y'know, If there's one thing I'm dreading about this character, it's the day Clark finally gives his boy a real super-suit. Because Dc really knocked it out of the park with that sweatshirt cape proto-costume thing, the kid has going for him right now.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I've read somewhere that he gets a lot of inspiration from his own experience as a father with his own children. Jon Kent under him and Patrick Gleason specifically has been some of the most fun I've had in comics since probably Grayson. Love Jon, hope he's here to stay for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've read somewhere that he gets a lot of inspiration from his own experience as a father with his own children. Jon Kent under him and Patrick Gleason specifically has been some of the most fun I've had in comics since probably Grayson. Love Jon, hope he's here to stay for a good while.
    Yeah, Tomasi did say the same when he wrote particular scenes of Damian and Bruce in his B&R, but with Jon I guess he can explore and translate more of his experiences with his children into comic panels.

Supersons #10 was beautiful I wish DC would put out more titles like this. I read this with my kids and they love it

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    y'know, If there's one thing I'm dreading about this character, it's the day Clark finally gives his boy a real super-suit. Because Dc really knocked it out of the park with that sweatshirt cape proto-costume thing, the kid has going for him right now.
    I say let them keep it. Superboy of the 90s had a really cool costume.

But i can see why some people, especially now would find the costume a bit cheesy. People find the trunks of Superman cheesy. (I won't let go of the trunks ever! ). But Jon's costume is special in the way that it not only looks cool but also the fact that i don't think anyone will say that its cheesy. I don't know about other Conner Kent fans but imo, the later costume is not 'cheesy' but i don't find it cool either.

It looks good but kinda 'meh' to me. Its just jeans and black t-shirt with a red 'S'. Sorry, Conner Kent fans. I had to refer to a previous Superboy. Jon is the third person with the name Superboy. (Don't worry he will back at most by the end of Doomsday Clock. ).

Kudos to DC for getting a wonderful costume right of the bat which i don't think will go away any time soon. I think they kind of looked at the previous attempts and took some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Supersons #10 was beautiful I wish DC would put out more titles like this. I read this with my kids and they love it
    Love the fact that your kids love it!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-20-2017 at 08:37 AM.

I just realized Jon wasn't talking about parents (emphasize on s) when he said about super hearing and super mind reading. He was talking strictly about one of his parent, his mom, Lois Lane. Cool

I just realized Jon wasn't talking about parents (emphasize on s) when he said about super hearing and super mind reading. He was talking strictly about one of his parent, his mom, Lois Lane. Cool
    Yeah he's talking about Lois when he said the parent with both Super-hearing and Super-mind reading.