Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Imagine if Hippolyta was that blunt about it towards Diana during their weekly conversations?

"Have you gotten pregnant yet?"

"No mother..."

"For the sake of Olympus child! You have the beauty of Aphrodite, it cant be that hard to find a suitor!"

(In all honesty though, I think it's actually a little off that Hippolyta appears that eager to have grandchildren... especially when it appears not to not even have crossed Diana's mind.)
    That's a good way to bring some laughs!

I am not happy to see her separated completely. In my view Diana shall go to Paradise Island once in a while. At least have conversations through the mind mirror. If you don't mind me asking where are these panels from?

Diana not having a thought about a kid is probably due to the writers. There is stigma associated with superheros as parents. It 'ages' them according to many. Her neglect has been brought up in another thread. There were imaginary stories with kids for Superman or Batman. People find it somewhat difficult to think of a mother and a superhero. I am not painting everyone with the same brush. For a lot of them its more subtle. Something even writers may not be aware of.

I pin the in story reason as Diana being busy. But since you have brought it up it does seem odd. She is best friends with Bruce and Clark. It should have crossed her mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    That's a good way to bring some laughs!

I am not happy to see her separated completely. In my view Diana shall go to Paradise Island once in a while. At least have conversations through the mind mirror. If you don't mind me asking where are these panels from?
    Simone's run... she's pretty much the only writer who'd get away with something like this and not cause somekind of internet meltdown.

Diana not having a thought about a kid is probably due to the writers. There is stigma associated with superheros as parents. It 'ages' them according to many. Her neglect has been brought up in another thread. There were imaginary stories with kids for Superman or Batman. People find it somewhat difficult to think of a mother and a superhero. I am not painting everyone with the same brush. For a lot of them its more subtle. Something even writers may not be aware of.

I pin the in story reason as Diana being busy. But since you have brought it up it does seem odd. She is best friends with Bruce and Clark. It should have crossed her mind.
    I think thats true, especially when it comes to high-profile female characters that you can't really have 'going away' for 9 months or bounce around being a superhero while hevily pregnant... since some people will think both her and the writer being irresponsible about the child.
    Like notice whenever biological kids of female heroes tend to be either from the future, made of magic or even conceived when the character has been in limbo.

I pin it down as either Steve really being the one and only. Or that Diana is actually a little picky about who she might fancy. Like I dont think we've really gotten much of a clue to what Diana is actually looking for or at in a partner.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    She looks too eager to be a grandmother.

If only there were a mind mirror Diana would have no end to it!
    Of course she's eager to be a grandmother if Thomas Andrew Tresser is the father
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    1) there is nothing wrong with a woman marrying and having children if she wants to.
    In other news, water: wet. Never said anything about it being wrong for a woman, just it being wrong for THIS woman. And she has never displayed any desire to have kids in any canon issue I can recall.

2) Steve and Diana actually married and had a child at one point pre Crisis
    That was the Earth-2 Wonder Woman and Steve, not "our" Pre-Crisis WW. "Our" PC Earth-1 Diana married Steve and then promptly devolved back into clay around the Crisis, IIRC, to make way for the Post-COIE version to come later.

3) I'm not seeing any evidence provided in your post as to why Diana isn't cut out for motherhood

A child needs a stable environment with someone to watch over them when they are out heroing. Bruce has Alfred for Damian (and soon Selina) in Wayne Manor. Clark has Lois for Jon at the farm. Diana has no one, and no stable home.

More to the point, Wonder Woman MUST have her own editorial before any child (either as a 10-year-old out of nowhere like Damian and Jon OR the whole Diana is pregnant in real-time for 9 months route) can be introduced. An editorial that will protect said child from simply disappearing with the next creative team.

I'm not seeing any evidence provided by anyone as to why Diana is cut out for motherhood right now (and for the foreseeable future). Because she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    In other news, water: wet. Never said anything about it being wrong for a woman, just it being wrong for THIS woman.
    Why? It’s not the 1940s any more. William Marston no longer writes Diana.

And she has never displayed any desire to have kids in any canon issue I can recall.
    I can. Gail Simone’s run.

That was the Earth-2 Wonder Woman and Steve, not "our" Pre-Crisis WW. "Our" PC Earth-1 Diana married Steve and then promptly devolved back into clay around the Crisis, IIRC, to make way for the Post-COIE version to come later.
    It still shows precedent. Damian Wayne wasn’t supposed to be in continuity until he was.

A child needs a stable environment with someone to watch over them when they are out heroing. Bruce has Alfred for Damian (and soon Selina) in Wayne Manor. Clark has Lois for Jon at the farm. Diana has no one, and no stable home.
    Diana has Steve, Etta and once they get back in the book, Donna, Cassie and the Amazons.
    And there is nothing remotely stable about the Batfamily.

More to the point, Wonder Woman MUST have her own editorial before any child (either as a 10-year-old out of nowhere like Damian and Jon OR the whole Diana is pregnant in real-time for 9 months route) can be introduced. An editorial that will protect said child from simply disappearing with the next creative team.
    This is about the only thing I agree with.

I'm not seeing any evidence provided by anyone as to why Diana is cut out for motherhood right now (and for the foreseeable future). Because she isn't.
    She’s about as cut out for parenthood as Bruce and Clark were before they suddenly had kids.

I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period. I would like to see an Earth-Two daughter: Lyta Trevor, Fury. Have her operate on earth alongside Helena Wayne Huntress and Karen Star Power Girl. I think comic readers are open-minded (with the Multiverse concept) enough now to accept off-worlder off-spring interacting with their parental counterparts.

Mighty Member

As long as there's a story. She's a kick ass mother in The Dark Knight Master Race to a teenage daughter and an infant son.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period. I would like to see an Earth-Two daughter: Lyta Trevor, Fury. Have her operate on earth alongside Helena Wayne Huntress and Karen Star Power Girl. I think comic readers are open-minded (with the Multiverse concept) enough now to accept off-worlder off-spring interacting with their parental counterparts.
    Unless she makes it out of clay.

Spectacular Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I don't think our Diana should be a mother. Unlike Bruce and Clark, it would affect her physically and take her out of action for a considerable period.
    I disagree. It is a comic book after all. If Xena: Warrior Princess, Sydney Bristow and Spider-woman can all battle baddies while heavily pregnant, then Wonder Woman can too!

But, I'm still not in favour of Diana having a child at this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I disagree. It is a comic book after all. If Xena: Warrior Princess, Sydney Bristow and Spider-woman can all battle baddies while heavily pregnant, then Wonder Woman can too!

But, I'm still not in favour of Diana having a child at this time.
    And of course after Xena had her daughter there was a 25 year time jump so she was all grown up, and Sydney's daughter was pretty much the end of the show.
    I have no idea about Spider-Woman or how Catwoman's daughter was resolved.

I liked her daughter Fury of Earth 2..

Another daughter... I want one child of clay, more easy for make her with similar age to Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I liked her daughter Fury of Earth 2...
    Isn't she like the original Helena Wayne Huntress? A character whose childhood we didn't really get to see and who was introduced after Earth 2 Wonder woman had retired?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And of course after Xena had her daughter there was a 25 year time jump so she was all grown up, and Sydney's daughter was pretty much the end of the show.
    I have no idea about Spider-Woman or how Catwoman's daughter was resolved.
    I thing Drew still has her kid... as does Tigra and her kitten.
    Catwoman ended up adopting hers away, not surprising considering how everyone and everything were coming at her and targeting the kid as part of that.

Isn't she like the original Helena Wayne Huntress? A character whose childhood we didn't really get to see and who was introduced after Earth 2 Wonder woman had retired?
    If its the current Earth-2, then no... Fury is Donna and she's Diana's daughter... why didn't she just come over to the main Earth instead of the current Donna?
    Last edited by Outside_85; 11-14-2017 at 03:55 AM.

I only remember that Stephenwolf was her father(nothing good) and a few more, she was with the father before change of side..

DC wiki surprised me, seems that her name is DONNA of Amazon Island(or I forgot this), Fury is one alias.. But nothing wrong with the parents..

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_of_Am...land_(Earth_2)
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 03:57 AM.