Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would you like Diana having a child?

With Batman, of course he's had a medley of Robins, with Damian being the latest. And when Damian is written right, he's actually pretty good to read (though that can be tricky).

With Superman, we have Jon Kent Superboy, that is very much his father's son. And is quite popular, and serves as a bit of an opposite to Damian in Super Sons.

Now, I'm not saying Diana has to up and get pregnant anytime soon and whatnot, and I understand many on here want different arcs. But, just to have each member of the trinity have a representation for the "next gen", how would you feel about that? Not necessarily the whole Hunter thing that Justice League just finished up, but either a daughter or son. Maybe getting in on the whole Super Sons thing. Thoughts?

Yes, twins in fact so they can be the Wonder Twins. I don't mind her having a kid it could be very interesting.

BANNED

No. This is why characters like Cassandra and Donna exists.

Extraordinary Member

With whom?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member

At this stage - no. And that’s because so much of her character and mythology is still in a state of flux. Diana doesn’t even have a good relationship with Hippolyta, Donna and Cassie. I think her existing legacy characters, being Donna and Cassie deserved to be developed together with Diana before they introduce a potential child as a legacy character.

Maybe if Diana’s history was as established and immovable as Superman and Batman’s mythology, it would be time to shake things up with a child. But, adding a child at this point in time would just add further uncertainty.

I would love it. I am loving the kids either in Superman or at Spider-Man. Damian is cool too. I dream of someday seeing her/him in Supersons.

The thing is there's a qualifier. Family is not just by birth but also by heart. Dick Grayson is much a son of Bruce as is Damian. Wonder Woman used to have a family in Donna Troy and Cassie. (Am i right WW fans?). For years they are taken away from her. Work has to be done to bring them near WW. Let her have family like that. It shall not be that she has a daughter and no one else.

So i absolutely want her to be a mother! But let us fix them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Yes, twins in fact so they can be the Wonder Twins. I don't mind her having a kid it could be very interesting.
    Twins! I like the sound of it.

BANNED

No.

I don't want any kind of superhero to have kids.

They're just going to end up killed or retconned away anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No.

I don't want any kind of superhero to have kids.

They're just going to end up killed or retconned away anyhow.
    Damian's still around last I checked

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

We can still kill him, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    We can still kill him, again.
    I don't think we need another Robin death.

BANNED

I don't think we need another Robin death.
    Yes we do. Kill him, kill him now!

BANNED

He's been killed off. He's been brought back. Probably not for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Yes we do. Kill him, kill him now!
    Robins are meant to die. Then they come back. It's all very symbolic and keeps Bruce weepy.

I don't know about Diana being a mother. I still like the Adamant Metal Man Pinocchio idea, but even on the surface it feels like it's ripe for retcon, as Carabas mentions.

Yes.

I personally would love it, I think Diana would be an awesome mom, but I don’t know if WonderTrev is ready for a child as a pairing, since they got reciently got together. Maybe if we rebuild the bridges with Donna and Cassie, then re-introducing a kid would be awesome, and having a sister relationship it’s not the same than a mother-child relationship.

But I’d love a little girl that hangs around with Damian and Jon Little Busters. I have mixed feelings about the topic, as you can see.

Hunter Prince doesn't count?

I think the reason Damian is able to work is because there's like seven thousand Batman titles, so Damian's able to get development beyond "let me die so Batman suffers!" Although clearly that has happened already anyway.

But I agree with others; I don't really like any superheroes having children.