Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

When you consider how many of the major elements of the X-Men lore revolve around Scott and Jean as a couple and the consequences of that, not only would would the franchise itself be immensely different if they had never gotten together; I'd wager each character probably wouldn't be as popular as they are because the stories that made them popular wouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    When you consider how many of the major elements of the X-Men lore revolve around Scott and Jean as a couple and the consequences of that, not only would would the franchise itself be immensely different if they had never gotten together; I'd wager each character probably wouldn't be as popular as they are because the stories that made them popular wouldn't have happened.
    Fair comment. Scott has taken a lot of heat over the years for the various stunts he's pulled generally revolving around his ship with Jean. Some suggest that Jean would have been better of without Scott, certainly going forward if not completely. My goal was to understand if that could have been true for Scott. What is becoming clear is that the answer likely doesn't matter because their ship, despite how damaging it could be at times for Scott and Jean individually, was a net positive for not just them, but the franchise as a whole.

Maybe they we're both better off begin together despite the rough patches?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm starting to think you have a cuckold kink. You seem to love the idea of Jean cheating on him.
    Nah. Some Jean fans seem to forget that she also cheated on Scott with Logan. Then we have to remind them. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Fair comment. Scott has taken a lot of heat over the years for the various stunts he's pulled generally revolving around his ship with Jean. Some suggest that Jean would have been better of without Scott, certainly going forward if not completely. My goal was to understand if that could have been true for Scott. What is becoming clear is that the answer likely doesn't matter because their ship, despite how damaging it could be at times for Scott and Jean individually, was a net positive for not just them, but the franchise as a whole.

Maybe they we're both better off begin together despite the rough patches?
    From where I sit the Scott and Jean pair wasn't a problem until X-Factor where creative decisions had Scott behave in ways that were socially mal-adaptive even by his standards (the whole I'm going to leave my wife and child to be near my once-dead ex but not mention it to either of them for as long as possible thing). Prior to that they were solid in my opinion.

The Phoenix Saga propelled Jean's status forward and Scott got a boost by proxy. The Phoenix was essentially Jean's story but her and Scott's romance provided a crucial element to it. Someone sacrificing themselves for the greater good is compelling, but the emotional kick of young love lost is at least partly responsible for why the story is so memorable.

With Scott by himself this is trickier as if he were to be consistently portrayed as he was, a brilliant tactician and field leader but someone who spectacularly fails at all things normal, any development he would eventually have as a character in a team book was more than likely going to come from a relationship angle, whether it be with Jean or somebody else.

According to What if? Jean and Scott not getting together kills the universe.

BANNED

A woman scorned will say anything it turns out .
    Hell hath no fury...

I'm starting to think you have a cuckold kink. You seem to love the idea of Jean cheating on him.
    They're not Northstar and what's his name

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Nah. Some Jean fans seem to forget that she also cheated on Scott with Logan. Then we have to remind them. That's all.
    multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    According to What if? Jean and Scott not getting together kills the universe.
    I'm pretty sure you can argue that's canon actually. Not the What If, but the Jott saves the universe angle, going back to the DPS. Jean's states this outright in UXM 308, so according to her it's canon.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure you can argue that's canon actually. Not the What If, but the Jott saves the universe angle, going back to the DPS. Jean's states this outright in UXM 308, so according to her it's canon.
    That annoying homeless man would be out of a job without Jean & Scott.

Wink

And as we all know, Jean can't be wrong.

Turns out I was remembering the Wedding Issue What if? (A Whole Issue dedicated to Just X-Men Stuff, Whodathunkit!) where the last Story is What if Jean had hooked up with Wolverine after becoming Phoenix (It didn't end well).

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/6760610.html

Well, good luck doing that for the rest of your life. Scemma and Scott cheating is what's going to be brought up forever while whatever happened + you like to think it happened between Jean/Logan is glossed over. Blame X-Editors for turning X-Men into the Scemma show for so long.

BANNED

Well, good luck doing that for the rest of your life. Scemma and Scott cheating is what's going to be brought up forever while whatever happened + you like to think it happened between Jean/Logan is glossed over. Blame X-Editors for turning X-Men into the Scemma show for so long.
    Well, Jean cheated on Scott, no matter what. No matter what her fans say. Jean was a cheating wife. You know that.

And Scemma was the best thing that happened to Scott. With Jean he was only the cheated husband.

Jean should stay with Logan. They really loved each other.

Well, Jean cheated on Scott, no matter what. No matter what her fans say. Jean was a cheating wife. You know that.

And Scemma was the best thing that happened to Scott. With Jean he was only the cheated husband.

Jean should stay with Logan. They really loved each other.
    You're in no position of saying "no matter what fans say" when you're the one claming things with exactly no canon proof. If you consider kissing as cheating, yeah, you could argue that Jean is a cheater, but there was never anything else shown. I would say you know that, but at this point I think you're actually delusional enough not to do so, so I won't even try lol.

You're in no position of saying "no matter what fans say" when you're the one claming things with exactly no canon proof. If you consider kissing as cheating, yeah, you could argue that Jean is a cheater, but there was never anything else shown. I would say you know that, but at this point I think you're actually delusional enough not to do so, so I won't even try lol.
    who doesn't consider kissing cheating? it is plain and simple.

There was actually a pretty long debate about whether that counts as cheating on another thread; I know it might be considered conservative by some, but I consider it cheating. I would hope my spouse would, too.