All-New Member

Question What chapters are Damian wayne in (new 52)?

Ok so I've never really been interested in comic's dc or marvel but recently i started binge watching the films from new 52 and well i like the character of Damian wayne and i like his relationship with dick grayson so i want to start reading the comic but with the reset and new 52 and the fact that he's a later robin i don't know where to start so what i'm asking is what chapter does he begin in (new 52) and also what other comics is he in (I know of super sons and nightwing not the chapter for that one though). Finally the last thing i'm asking is there any previous works (from before 52) that are especially good and i should read with him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfectus View Post
    Ok so I've never really been interested in comic's dc or marvel but recently i started binge watching the films from new 52 and well i like the character of Damian wayne and i like his relationship with dick grayson so i want to start reading the comic but with the reset and new 52 and the fact that he's a later robin i don't know where to start so what i'm asking is what chapter does he begin in (new 52) and also what other comics is he in (I know of super sons and nightwing not the chapter for that one though). Finally the last thing i'm asking is there any previous works (from before 52) that are especially good and i should read with him in?
    Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin Reborn is your starting point. This where he becomes Robin to Dick Grayson's Batman
    New 52 Batman and Robin
    Streets of Gotham [Dick and Damian]
    Robin Son of Batman
    Nightwing Rebirth. Nightwing Must Die is the arc you need. Nightwing #16-20.

Also check out
    Batman and son
    Robin War
    Batman Inc is pretty important
    lil' Gotham.

Batman Beyond Rebirth Rise of the Demon is a good read and clues us in on why the Bat Mantle went from Damian to Terry.

Not sure if you are reading Metal right now the tie in comics "Gotham Resistance" is a recommended as it focuses on Dick and Damian in the search for their father.

Gotham Resistance is comprised of
    TEEN TITANS #12, NIGHTWING #29, SUICIDE SQUAD #26, GREEN ARROW #32), “Bats out of Hell” (THE FLASH #33, JUSTICE LEAGUE #32, HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #32, JUSTICE LEAGUE #33
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-01-2017 at 05:50 AM.

All-New Member

Thanks that helps =P

Fergus hit it right on the nail

Seems that I can´t help you...

Robin Son of Batman was fantastic, his own series with 13 chapters, for rebirth all the comics in that moment were suspended..

Reading order:

Pre - New 52
    Batman and Son
    The Black Glove (now included in Batman and Son trade)
    Batman RIP
    Batman: Time and the Batman or Final Crisis. Time and the Batman explains what happened in Final Crisis to Batman.
    Batman and Robin Vol 1,2,3
    Batman Incorporated

New 52
    Batman and Robin 1-17
    Batman Incorporated vol 2 - all
    Batman and Robin 18 - 40; including Robin Rises issues
    Robin: Son of Batman; including Robin War
    Teen titans - current series
    Super Sons - current series.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

How was the Mini Damian Son of Batman by Andy Kubert? Worth a read? I really dig Kubert's art.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    How was the Mini Damian Son of Batman by Andy Kubert? Worth a read? I really dig Kubert's art.
    Kubert is a great artist but his vision as a writer are simply bad.
    The series was surreal. We had talking Joker fish, Bruce pretending to be dead, Damian going to confession, Bruce pretending to be in a coma and Alfred back as a talking cat

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I couldn't in good conscience recommend it.

BANNED

No one has brought it up so I'll toss out a recommendation for my favorite story with Damian, the Pre-Nu52 mini-series Gates of Gotham .