Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    STEM girl .
    What do those 2 slang? acronyms? mean??

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Happy to see Rogue get name dropped.
    Rogue will back in #9...
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3211189

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Regarding this issue... Bobby trying to be like Spider-Man and hang upside down was far and away my favorite moment
    It was a good moment - albeit a bit bumbling for his iceskill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Maybe Velocidad?

Anyway, I though Grace did his usual fantastic job with the issue, but this was far and away my favorite scene:
    http://northstarfan.com/comics/xmenblah.jpg
    Another good moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Quentin saying "Two words: Fire. Island." made me chuckle.
    Argh. Don't get this either.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It was just ok.

A book like this is NOT going to appeal to very many people. Him coming out to his parents was done very well...the rest of it is bland. The "villains" disrupt the narrative ...I can see that's the point, but there's too much back and forth and feels like there's missing dialogue.

He gave that woman a number to UCLA to get a job teaching...that's not how that works Why not Tony Starks' number? or someone else techy?

This issue just felt like he wrote the gay stuff first and built a story around that without the same detail/consistency to everything else.

It's trying too hard to push the gay.
    Agreed.

The only "good" story element -of note- was the TWO ICEMEN subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I have to say, recycling the same X-students over and over is becoming tedious. I love Anole, but we've seen so many panels of him without any weight behind them. Even as background characters, I'd like to see more of other students
    And if he moves to L.A. he will instantly loose this established supporting cast pool - which a solid title needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He's Mastermind. The parallels are uncanny.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MedicalOptimalLark.gif
    Noice!

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Well to be fair, it looked like Quentin was just hogging the couch and Kurt was trying to kick him out. I love glimpses into the X-Men's mundane downtime life, I had to pause for a few moments while reading to enjoy the image of Storm making microwavable popcorn.
    What up with X-men and popcorn? They just finished making buckets while they watched Mojo attack! And how many other citings have there been? All the way back to their goto Magnum P.I. watching snack!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    the weakest issue of the series so far (which isn't saying much as the series has set a really high standard for itself).
    Bobby's first meeting with Natasha finally revealed was SO underwhelming after that build up.

Bobby letting the SENTINEL building 'foe' off the hook may be in some ways a 'kind' character moment but on the other hand: WHAT?! What she did was criminal and destructive to offhandly dismiss like that.

Bobby's reunion with Laynia felt disengenuous. However, it was great to see her again and this could be chalked up to getting a feel for writing her spot on.

Bobby making ice construct/s left and right, big and small, is getting tired - without better consistency and quantitative logic included.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Argh. Don't get this either.
    Fire Island is a really tiny island south of (but part of, really) Long Island.. Cherry Grove on Fire Island is a highly gay populated area.