Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The scenes at the X-mansion were very good. Does anyone know who the student who was kidding around with Anole was supposed to be?
    Maybe Velocidad?

Anyway, I though Grace did his usual fantastic job with the issue, but this was far and away my favorite scene:

Last edited by Anduinel; 11-01-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I honestly doubt that's going to be anything but a plot for this book really... I feel like he's gonna be back by the end of it.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if he even makes it out there with younger Iceman and his parents being back in the picture for the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Anyway, I though Grace did his usual fantastic job with the issue, but this was far and away my favorite scene
    Quentin saying "Two words: Fire. Island." made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Quentin saying "Two words: Fire. Island." made me chuckle.
    Same! "Cliche Gay" or not, I'm loving all of it haha. The X-mansion scenes were also my favorites this issue.

Regarding this issue... Bobby trying to be like Spider-Man and hang upside down was far and away my favorite moment
    And then he fell off.... and quoted The Simpsons. The little details...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And then he fell off.... and quoted The Simpsons. The little details...
    Aboslutely. So good.

I hated it. I felt it was totally pandering to give a "Favourable" image of an openly gay "Ice" Man. He is a man coming close to his 30s who is only recently out. He immediately has a bland boyfriend. Sleeps with him for the first time and it's not a big deal? He's hanging around with his russian ex girlfriend and she has zero reaction to him being gay, em missed opportunity to explore something topical.

I just feel like this should be bit darker and a bit more complex.

Feels very base for political reasons. I mean it gets better but it's a process. It's not literally overnight.

Also didn't dig the art. I thought everyone looked the same.

BANNED

It was just ok.

A book like this is NOT going to appeal to very many people. Him coming out to his parents was done very well...the rest of it is bland. The "villains" disrupt the narrative ...I can see that's the point, but there's too much back and forth and feels like there's missing dialogue.

He gave that woman a number to UCLA to get a job teaching...that's not how that works Why not Tony Starks' number? or someone else techy?

This issue just felt like he wrote the gay stuff first and built a story around that without the same detail/consistency to everything else.

It's trying too hard to push the gay.

BANNED

I just feel like this should be bit darker and a bit more complex. Feels very base for political reasons.
    The sales are already low enough. They go down a more complex road, it'd doom it even more.

I mean it gets better but it's a process. It's not literally overnight.
    Except, Iceman is hot, white, and famous. I'd assume the process is shorter in those cases, lol.

Why not Tony Starks' number?
    Bad idea. With Weinstein, Spacey and Rattner going down, I feel it's only a matter of time before Stark goes down too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Bad idea. With Weinstein, Spacey and Rattner going down, I feel it's only a matter of time before Stark goes down too.
    Xavier is more likely :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Xavier is more likely :P
    So that's why the Phoenix resurrects Jean?!

How convenient these accusations come out the same year her movie is set to debut....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    So that's why the Phoenix resurrects Jean?!

How convenient these accusations come out the same year her movie is set to debut....
    "he...he used his powers...told me no one would know...he'd make them forget...make me forget if I wanted to...said he could do it without me even knowing....but then I remembered"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    "he...he used his powers...told me no one would know...he'd make them forget...make me forget if I wanted to...said he could do it without me even knowing....but then I remembered"
    I imagined that on Sophie Turner's voice. Are Xavier and Littlefinger secretly the same person?

Regarding this issue... Bobby trying to be like Spider-Man and hang upside down was far and away my favorite moment
    Truly the funniest part! It was good enough that he was just hanging there casually, but falling off made it even better ! :P

I enjoyed it overall, especially the X-mansion scenes! Nice to see some of the more mundane antics of the X-men, besides the usual baseball. And Bobby's thoughts about each person were gold! Like others I'm not sold on Judah but it's unclear how important he's even supposed to be so whatever. And Rogue got a mention!

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    He's hanging around with his russian ex girlfriend and she has zero reaction to him being gay, em missed opportunity to explore something topical.
    We already had a whole issue about that aspect with him and Kitty, who was his most recent ex. And we had those texts to Lorna and Opal too. I suppose it could have come up in reference but I don't think he needs to have a heart to heart with every single ex. That would involve bringing Annie back...