Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Enjoyable issue.
    Art was OK.
    The Xavier/Shadow King battle description was great. I especially loved the 'Sagas and Songs and Ages and Massacres' and 'time-travel, and then a mutant-killing plague'.
    Possessed Gambit is the best Gambit in years.
    Still annoyed at the regression of Warren's character development but at least Archangel is finally in play. Go easy on the non-regeneratives, Warren! His new transformation looks like he caught an STD from Husk, though.

Favourite panels...
    as1.jpg
    as2.jpg
    as3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-01-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Man, I loved those scenes with Xavier and Fantomex. He's been around the X-Men for so long now but has yet to even meet Professor X. Excited to see where that goes.

Warren's current state is still a mystery to me but eh, maybe Soule will continue to streamline it for us.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Man, I loved those scenes with Xavier and Fantomex. He's been around the X-Men for so long now but has yet to even meet Professor X. Excited to see where that goes.
    Xavier and Jean were the ones who first encountered Fantomex in Paris.

I'm still lost as to how Psylocke got past Fantomex's anti-telepathy mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm still lost as to why Psylocke's leg didn't get cut off last issue. Did she telekinetically heal it back together?

Anyways, yes, Fantomex+Professor X=Phantom X. Chucky's ghost is definitely taking over that body before this is done!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Xavier and Jean were the ones who first encountered Fantomex in Paris.

I'm still lost as to how Psylocke got past Fantomex's anti-telepathy mask.
    Ah, you're right! Should've thought more. Not sure if they've interacted at all after that though.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

His new transformation looks like he caught an STD from Husk, though.
    lol! But mutants can't get AIDS!

Definitely conjuring some Husk in that last panel!

BANNED

Enjoyable issue.
    Art was OK.
    The Xavier/Shadow King battle description was great. I especially loved the 'Sagas and Songs and Ages and Massacres' and 'time-travel, and then a mutant-killing plague'.
    Strange
    for me that was bad part of this issue. They don't have time for unnecessary talk.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post

Warren's current state is still a mystery to me but eh, maybe Soule will continue to streamline it for us.
    I think Archangel may be the one who gets left on the astral plane. The others may not be able to control him, so Xavier might ditch him. Or the Shadow King may take him. And I haven't seen Warren in any preview art unlike the other characters in Astonishing. He's only been on a variant cover for issue 7 of Astonishing that I know of. It will suck if I am right though.

I hope it is Shadow King that is leading Fantomex on, and not Xavier talking to him. Its going to be painful having to watch Fantomex save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Strange
    for me that was bad part of this issue. They don't have time for unnecessary talk.
    It was a cute wink at the comics[over the years], I thought. Sometimes all these meta comments can be tiresome, but I kinda liked that one too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was a cute wink at the comics[over the years], I thought. Sometimes all these meta comments can be tiresome, but I kinda liked that one too.
    True.
    but for me... this book has too many meta comments.
    This and Mystique words about death...

there is no real danger if they have unlimited time and even if they will die... this is not the end.

this is still rather good issue but it should be much better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I think Archangel may be the one who gets left on the astral plane. The others may not be able to control him, so Xavier might ditch him. Or the Shadow King may take him. And I haven't seen Warren in any preview art unlike the other characters in Astonishing. He's only been on a variant cover for issue 7 of Astonishing that I know of. It will suck if I am right though.

I hope it is Shadow King that is leading Fantomex on, and not Xavier talking to him. Its going to be painful having to watch Fantomex save the day.
    Though isn't Warren or his Archangel persona the main baddie of Astonishing's second act, if so then he can't really be left behind...who knows maybe the Shadow King sucks the dark persona out of Warren in the end and he's fully back to his old self...besides it'd be pretty dumb to bring him back only to then kill him off again almost immediately afterwards...

I doubt that we will even see Archangel on Astral plane. Fanto or Mystique will be the one to be left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    True.
    but for me... this book has too many meta comments.
    This and Mystique words about death...

there is no real danger if they have unlimited time and even if they will die... this is not the end.

this is still rather good issue but it should be much better.
    I agree it could be much better. This was better than the previous issues, I thought. Particularly with the use of multiple planes of thought going on at once.

As for danger, eh, it's overrated as a narrative tool. Just enjoy the journey.

I don't ever think any hero's death is the last we'll see of them(especially in this medium); just tell an interesting story.

Enjoyable issue.
    Art was OK.
    Possessed Gambit is the best Gambit in years.
    Still annoyed at the regression of Warren's character development but at least Archangel is finally in play. Go easy on the non-regeneratives, Warren! His new transformation looks like he caught an STD from Husk, though.

Favourite panels...
    as1.jpg
    as2.jpg
    as3.jpg
    Sad but true. Totally badass.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though isn't Warren or his Archangel persona the main baddie of Astonishing's second act, if so then he can't really be left behind...who knows maybe the Shadow King sucks the dark persona out of Warren in the end and he's fully back to his old self...besides it'd be pretty dumb to bring him back only to then kill him off again almost immediately afterwards...
    I thought Shadow King was supposed to stick around and Bishop was going to find the Mind Killer. Did I misread the solicits?