Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    so Angel would become much weaker if he removed Apocalypse's tampering from his body?

it seems that for most people, what Apocalypse does is just changing their skin tone to an unnatural one, and give them immortality/healing factor (I am thinking of Exodus who is 800 years old, his powers are his own, but his longevity is probably owed to Apocalypse, and also of Sinister, who used to be a normal human)
    IIRC Banshee and Daken didnt get any new tricks as horsemen, they just became grey
    Angel had his wings amputated when Apocalypse got him. He effectively had no abilities, so the metal wings were a necessity if he was going to use him as a horseman

FYI, Polaris, Caliban, Sunfire and Gambit all got new powers from Apocalypse when he used them. Banshee and Daken also werent the Apocalypse's horsemen. They served under the Twins
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-02-2017 at 08:40 AM.

so Angel would become much weaker if he removed Apocalypse's tampering from his body?

it seems that for most people, what Apocalypse does is just changing their skin tone to an unnatural one, and give them immortality/healing factor (I am thinking of Exodus who is 800 years old, his powers are his own, but his longevity is probably owed to Apocalypse, and also of Sinister, who used to be a normal human)
    IIRC Banshee and Daken didnt get any new tricks as horsemen, they just became grey
    Well, Banshee and Daken were dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Angel had his wings amputated when Apocalypse got him. He effectively had no abilities, so the metal wings were a necessity if he was going to use him as a horseman

FYI, Polaris, Caliban, Sunfire and Gambit all got new powers from Apocalypse when he used them. Banshee and Daken also werent the Apocalypse's horsemen. They served under the Twins
    thanks, I didnt know that about Polaris and Gambit

thanks, I didnt know that about Polaris and Gambit
    From Marvel wiki:

Polaris
    Meta-Plague Manipulation:
    As Pestilence, Lorna had the ability to ingest and synthesize new plagues without harm, controlling the virulence and particular genetic markers. She was then capable of then releasing this virus or plague as a combined mutated strain or as the various separate plagues they originally were.

Gambit:
    Deathseed Powers:
    As the Horseman of Death, Remy received new abilities and a new appearance.[20] Sinister allegedly removed Apocalypse's influence from Gambit[21], but the Death personality and look resurfaced intermittently for several months.[22] It has been some time since Gambit's last reversion into Death, but the second power set was never explicitly removed again.

Toxic Transmutation: As Death, he has the ability to convert breathable air into poisonous gases. He could either create clouds out of the surrounding air, or transmute the oxygen already inside someone's lungs.

Death Charge: As Death, Gambit could charge objects in a manner differently than his regular kinetic charge. This "death charge" caused his cards to break down living matter on contact, totally disintegrating a victim.
    Card Imprisonment: Also as Death he could possibly imprison those struck by his cards instead of eradicate them. Shown when the cards after having struck a target still pulsate with energy afterwards.

Trajectory Manipulation: Gambits Death persona also seemed capable of guiding these charged cards to their target mentally.

Enhanced Psychic Resistance: As Death, Gambit was unaffected by psionic manipulations that would affect him normally. When his Death personality surfaced, Remy was no longer fooled or distracted by Input's telepathic distortions.[22]

Corruption: When reverting to Death in Limbo, Gambit displayed the ability to corrupt other creatures and subvert them to his will. When used on Northstar and Dazzler they began resembling him, gaining pitch-black skin and white hair.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well totally badass against flatscans. Let's see how he does against Archangel as I suspect a beat down to make Archangel look good is coming.
    Dont say things like that. It hurts.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

British policemen would never use the word “ma’am”.

BANNED

Why did Xavier say maintaining the illusion was taking a toll on his body if his body is dead and his brain incinerated?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Why did Xavier say maintaining the illusion was taking a toll on his body if his body is dead and his brain incinerated?
    Probably his spiritual body.

He didnt say that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didnt say that
    No? I thought someone here mentioned it... My mistake.

Astonishing Member

Shadow King mentioned it was taking a toll on Xavier, whose hand looked burned or rotten

Both Xavier and the Shadow King are psychich ghosts in the Astral Plane, they may not have bodies but they can be hurt.

He said the use of his power was taking its toll; he didnt specify on his body