Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brett Ratner Accused Of Sexual Assault And Harrassment

The director known for the Rush Hour movies and X-men: The Last Stand has become the latest man in Hollywood to be hit with allegations of sexual misconduct

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/bre...202604256/amp/

BANNED

Is sexual harrasment an epidemic in Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Apparently, yes.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Do they need a visit from that Southpark SH Panda?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Do they need a visit from that Southpark SH Panda?
    Apparently so!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That ugliness was always prevalent but had been kept hush-hush for years, if not decades. But after the Harvey Weinstein mess went thermonuclear, suddenly, all the skeletons are marching out of the closet, and I suspect the end of fresh scandals is nowhere in sight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

A very hierarchical structure in a community with a lot of pretty people. I would be shocked if it wasn't.

I feel like it's an epidemic in most businesses or societies.

I read some girl has accused neil degrasse Tyson of giving her a hot Cosby. Wtf if this turns out to be true i give up on the world.

Mighty Member

I do remember seeing photos of Ratner and another dude staring at Halle Berrys cleavage during the premiere of Last Stand..................

No idea who that guy is lol.

Astonishing Member

There's got to be a point where these allegations are taken to authorities who can investigate them, rather than taking them to a jury of social media spectators who don't even get the whole story. If the allegations are proven false it can't undo the damage to the reputation of the accused.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    There's got to be a point where these allegations are taken to authorities who can investigate them, rather than taking them to a jury of social media spectators who don't even get the whole story. If the allegations are proven false it can't undo the damage to the reputation of the accused.
    Yep. When I was younger I worked in a factory. We used to joke around,the guys pinched the girls bums - but the girls also pinched the guys bums! It never went too far, though, and the guys actually looked out for us ladies - one of them nearly hit a man who he thought had accosted me in the street! There is a line between sexual harassment and in work banter, and it has to be decided which is which before people start selling their stories to the media.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Yep. When I was younger I worked in a factory. We used to joke around,the guys pinched the girls bums - but the girls also pinched the guys bums! It never went too far, though, and the guys actually looked out for us ladies - one of them nearly hit a man who he thought had accosted me in the street! There is a line between sexual harassment and in work banter, and it has to be decided which is which before people start selling their stories to the media.
    Yes, context is key, but when the allegations take the form of the victims going to the media they aren't going to know or share everything important to making a fair judgement. Indeed, the public in general isn't going to be told everything. Add in the media sensationalising the story by tweaking or omitting facts and we may be given a very different story to what actually happened. There are cases where there is evidence to back up the claims, but law of averages and knowing Hollywood there might be people using the sensationalism the allegation provides to get back at someone they don't like, or to their own advantage. Forgive me for being cynical, but it's a cynical time for faith in human decency in the US at the moment.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Yes, context is key, but when the allegations take the form of the victims going to the media they aren't going to know or share everything important to making a fair judgement. Indeed, the public in general isn't going to be told everything. Add in the media sensationalising the story by tweaking or omitting facts and we may be given a very different story to what actually happened. There are cases where there is evidence to back up the claims, but law of averages and knowing Hollywood there might be people using the sensationalism the allegation provides to get back at someone they don't like, or to their own advantage. Forgive me for being cynical, but it's a cynical time for faith in human decency in the US at the moment.
    Its just as bad here in the UK.
    When the Jimmy Savile affair came to light it opened a whole can of worms, and not only led to the prosecution of the guilty, but the trial by media of several people later proved innocent. There is one celebrity in jail whose trial and the evidence presented there was a farce. As far as the press is concerned its guilty till proven innocent - and even then, no smoke without fire.