I'll definitely be getting the following:

Wytches #1
    Rasputin #1
    Birthright #1
    The Fade Out #3
    Lazarus #12
    Roche Limit #2
    Velvet #9

If I like Copperhead #1 then, I'll definitely get Copperhead #2.

No mention of Mercenary Sea for October. Hopefully they are just skipping a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post

No mention of Mercenary Sea for October. Hopefully they are just skipping a month.
    The first trade is scheduled for September, so they are probably just taking a month off. Is the series any good? I may get the trade but I don't hear many people talking about it (or any of the great Image series, honestly). Seriously, Image stuff is selling a lot less than I would like to see other than Saga and WD.

All-New Member

I do hope you guys give PUNKS #1 a try, as a new ongoing, early numbers can make a big difference as it did with SWEETS.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the new series here or on Twitter (@KodyChamberlain). Preview pages are coming as soon, just waiting on the green light from Image and Diamond.

Saga
    Chew
    Deadly Class
    Umbral

Will try: Wytches

Maybe, considering dropping: The Wicked & The Divine, Southern Bastards

Assuming I like the first issue: Wayward, Copperhead

That's a pretty good month, all the titles I buy or am interested in are coming out.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    The first trade is scheduled for September, so they are probably just taking a month off. Is the series any good? I may get the trade but I don't hear many people talking about it (or any of the great Image series, honestly). Seriously, Image stuff is selling a lot less than I would like to see other than Saga and WD.
    The Mercenary Sea is great...actually in my top 5 books despite the lack of media attention. As far as Image selling less than you would like, I think that is a matter of putting out too many good books for a non-Marvel non-DC company. Only a certain percentage of comic readers read anything outside of the big 2. Then only a percentage of those readers can afford to pick up more than 5 or 7 independent books, especially if they read Marvel and DC. Of those books, only a percentage will choose Image over other Independent publishers. So let's say a reader is going to choose 5 Image books...which ones do you choose? Based on popularity, Saga and Walking Dead will be 2 of those books. Good luck trying to choose 3 from the dozens of quality Image books still to be chosen from.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    The Mercenary Sea is great...actually in my top 5 books despite the lack of media attention. As far as Image selling less than you would like, I think that is a matter of putting out too many good books for a non-Marvel non-DC company. Only a certain percentage of comic readers read anything outside of the big 2. Then only a percentage of those readers can afford to pick up more than 5 or 7 independent books, especially if they read Marvel and DC. Of those books, only a percentage will choose Image over other Independent publishers. So let's say a reader is going to choose 5 Image books...which ones do you choose? Based on popularity, Saga and Walking Dead will be 2 of those books. Good luck trying to choose 3 from the dozens of quality Image books still to be chosen from.
    Yeah I think you're on to something. There comes a point at which you're overstretching the comics readership interested in indie titles... Of course what they're hoping is for any of these new titles to pull a Saga and just find entirely new audiences who previously read no comics. Hope it works out for them, not to slag off Marvel or DC, but Image definitely have more interesting comics so I kiiiiiinda feel like they 'deserve' those kind of hits a little more. And yes I do read Big 2 titles, I don't wish them bad luck, but it'd be awesome if books like Pretty Deadly, Lazarus or Prophet found more readers somehow.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I read somewhere that Great Pacific is scheduled to end with issue 18.
    After I made my post last night, I went to see what the release dates were for the issues still to come out and because of the delays earlier this year on some of the earlier issues, that screwed the schedule up for the other issues. So issue 17 got bumped from July to August and 18 got bumped from August to September. I'm guessing the TPB got delayed to October and since we saw the solicits didn't include an issue 19, because of the delays my theory was that issue 19 might get solicited for November release. But I'm wondering now if you read somewhere it's ending. I hope not. I've really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 07-16-2014 at 04:37 PM.

So is Cutter an ongoing or what? I can't tell.

Pulls
    EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD (ONE-SHOT)
    BLACK SCIENCE #10
    LAZARUS #12
    SAGA #24
    TREES #6
    UMBRAL #10
    VELVET #9
    ZERO #11

Trials, but I think theres very little chance of not liking them :P
    LOW #4
    ROCHE LIMIT #2
    THE FADE OUT #3
    WYTCHES #1

Wytches sounds great of course but Birthright sounds intriguing. Maybe I should trade wait though since creators at Image invariably disappoint with extremely delayed shipping, fill in artists and compacted final issues.

If you like cancelled books, sure.

Spectacular Member

yeah that really is an odd catch 22 isn't it XD

if people tradewait out of fear of late books, book sales plummet to the point where people can't afford to make them

Quote Originally Posted by KodyChamberlain View Post
    I do hope you guys give PUNKS #1 a try, as a new ongoing, early numbers can make a big difference as it did with SWEETS.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the new series here or on Twitter (@KodyChamberlain). Preview pages are coming as soon, just waiting on the green light from Image and Diamond.
    Am I recalling correctly that this was a web comic? Feel like I recognize the cover art, but can't put my finger on it. Is it more of a one-shot format or an ongoing story?

All-New Member

Bog, Josh and I self published two print issues in 2004 and 2007 with Digital Webbing, that was back when we both had day jobs and we were doing it for kicks.
    Those issues were released online at some point a few years ago.

However, this cover is for a new ONGOING series at Image Comics starting in October. Same characters and same creative team, all-new stories. We'll be running the old stuff in the back of the book as bonus material.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Rasputin 1 and Fade Out 3 (FO3 is my last issue unless I am really sucked in.)

I may trade wait on Roche Limit, definitely trade waiting on Velvet. I have no patience in waiting for Epting,so it is best for me to forget about this until the trades come out.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy