View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crosswind #5

0 0%
  • Elsewhere #4

0 0%
  • Extremity #8

2 20.00%
  • Gravediggers Union #1 [series debut]

2 20.00%
  • Lazarus X+66 #4 (of 6)

2 20.00%
  • No. 1 With A Bullet #1 [series debut]

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #17

1 10.00%
  • Spread #23

1 10.00%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #29

1 10.00%
  • The Walking Dead #173

1 10.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Image Comics poll week 44 - Two new series launch in a small week

Hey gang, hope y'all had a good Halloween? It's poll time again, vote for your fave and chat about it below!

Last week's poll was rather evenly matched for the most part, but ultimately Hack/Slash: Resurrection's debut issue pulled juuuust ahead. Looks like Tim Seeley's series has been errr... revived... by good people!

This week is a comparatively tiny one, but let's look at the highlights. Elsewhere wraps up its first arc, no word yet when this will be back but it'll be at least 3-4 months from now. From the marketing text it looks like Crosswind might be hitting its penultimate issue this week? Lazarus X+66 has Alitha Martinez (Black Panther) drawing the story this month. Paper Girls promises to finally answer some major questions, and both Spread and The Walking Dead are edging towards the ending of current storylines.

New this week are 2 series!
    First up is Gravedigger's Union, by Wes Craig (of Deadly Class) and Toby Cypress (Omega Men). This promises to pit a union of gravediggers against a humorous apocalypse, filled with steroid zombies, space monkeys, swamp vampires and other creature mashups. Should be a good time!

Secondly we get No. 1 With A Bullet, which sounds like Black Mirror a bit. It's about a TV host whose life gets messed up by the introduction of a new technology: contact lenses that record video. Soon she's trying to prevent a sex tape leaking all over social media, warding off clingy fans, and meanwhile bodies start piling up... Features art from Mr. Corona, who did great stuff on Goners a while back.

294836.jpg 294837.jpg

Walking Dead and Gravediggers Union for me. I enjoyed both.

TGU was a nice start, if not perfect. I like the art, but found the coloring a little distracting at times. Kind of a Wytches approach with colored paint textures sort of... randomly placed over the regular colors. I liked it, but wish it felt a little more purposefully used. But, Junk Homunculus!

TWD was alright. Wasn't anything really special, despite one development. Mostly felt like a swift end to one storyline so they can start the next.

I'll vote Gravediggers since it was a fun start to what I hope shapes up to be a nice series.

Big week for me.....

Elsewhere
    Extremity
    Lazarus X+66
    No. 1 With A Bullet
    Paper Girls
    Spread
    The Walking Dead

I was interested in GDU too until I saw the art. It reminded me of Wytches as well which made the decision to pass on it very easy.
    Last edited by sven; 11-02-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Just Lazarus X+66 for me.. haven't been able to read it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I was interested in GDU too until I saw the art. It reminded me of Wytches as well which made the decision to pass on it very easy.
    It's not as extreme, or invasive. I thought in places it worked very well, and in others, the kind of normal scenes, it distracted.

Lazarus just barely over Crosswind for me this week.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I picked up Lazarus and Stray Bullets, but have been saving both of them for "later". Hope to vote for (heh) both of them in a couple of days!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet