Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you like to see the aspects from villains on 'Gotham' added to the DCU.

I like Gotham now more than I did way back when it began and was finding it interesting in how certain Villains differ from the canon, I was wondering how people would feel if characters such as Victor Zsasz were tapered slightly to encompass part of what Gotham makes them appear to be on the Show.

So maybe modify Zsasz, not much, but enough that he has a history as a Mob Enforcer and a pretty funny sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I like Gotham now more than I did way back when it began and was finding it interesting in how certain Villains differ from the canon, I was wondering how people would feel if characters such as Victor Zsasz were tapered slightly to encompass part of what Gotham makes them appear to be on the Show.

So maybe modify Zsasz, not much, but enough that he has a history as a Mob Enforcer and a pretty funny sense of humour.
    Would give him more personality then just "crazy, psycho killer". He still cuts his kills into his body, so that doesn't change.

It wouldnt be hard to give Zsasz more of personality-He's kinda one-note in the comics.The other one I thought of immediately was Ed and his current arc about losing his intellect, that I thought could make a few really interesting arcs, where Nygma is trying to find his place in the world without his brain, while trying to find a way to fix himself. We could also have other villains encounter him and mock his predicament, like Oswald did on the show.
    Last edited by Denirac; 10-29-2017 at 11:26 AM.

I think if you tried to make Zsasz like he is in the show then he wouldn't really feel much like Zsasz anymore, since TV Zsasz isn't much of a knife-guy anymore and he doesn't seem to mark himself anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if you tried to make Zsasz like he is in the show then he wouldn't really feel much like Zsasz anymore, since TV Zsasz isn't much of a knife-guy anymore and he doesn't seem to mark himself anymore.
    I have to agree, Zsasz is one of the most insane Batman villains, making him more rational like in Gotham would imo be a down grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I have to agree, Zsasz is one of the most insane Batman villains, making him more rational like in Gotham would imo be a down grade.
    Not to mention they've started turning him into comedy relief .

I thought that would be the case in some people's minds, which is why I thought that incorperating Gotham's version (The Mob Enforcer with a sense of humour) into Zsasz could work in conjuction with his Psychotic Knife-Wielding Persona- (I think Gotham may be about to have their Zsasz become more like the comic variant, they said he's got major moments by Episode 11.)

Maybe in amongst Zsasz' Origin Story he became a mob enforcer for a time, had some laughs whole killing.)

For me, I always thought Zsasz should be a sort of dark reflection of Bruce Wayne. What if this violent personality of Bruce Wayne’s was always there, except, rather than having his dead parents act as his justification for its manifesting itself, his living parents simply enabled him to become the ultimate homicidal spoiled brat, basically? Sort of Patrick Bateman meets Donald Trump Jr., where, when he was a kid, the maid’s daughter went playing in the woods with him and “slipped” and hit her head on a rock, and so on and so forth, until, by the time we reach the present, he’s making phone calls at 3 AM to his wealthy father crying about the dead hooker in his bathtub.

I think that’s a fascinating dynamic to explore, personally. How does Batman deal with a guy who beats the system, time and time again, and does he feel some weird sort of guilt in that the same tools that allow him to mete out justice are used by this guy to pervert it?

Get me old Fish Mooney still riling stuff up at Gotham

I've been thinking it over and come up with a list of candidates that coukd potentially use Gotham as an influence and worthy addition:

The Penguin (His brief stint as Mayor, and past as the Kingpin of Gotham, Perhaps work in his alliances with 'freaks' like Victor and 'Other Victor')
    Victor Zsasz (Give him the TV backstory as part of his origin... But use Knives... Not Guns... And do the tally marks)
    The Riddler (His Multiple Personalities (Ed and the Riddler) and his Brain Damage arc...
    Professor Pyg (His Hatred of Corruption... And the Penguin, also wearing a real pig's head as a mask)
    Jerome Valeska (Could be added to the canon... potentially as a potential origin of the Joker)
    Butch Gilzean (Could be added as an an alias of Solomon Grundy)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    No, Gotham takes his inspiration from the comics not the other way round. In Zsasz's case Alan Grant written Zsasz is interesting all other versions just aren't and his comic origin is unique and interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    For me, I always thought Zsasz should be a sort of dark reflection of Bruce Wayne. What if this violent personality of Bruce Wayne’s was always there, except, rather than having his dead parents act as his justification for its manifesting itself, his living parents simply enabled him to become the ultimate homicidal spoiled brat, basically? Sort of Patrick Bateman meets Donald Trump Jr., where, when he was a kid, the maid’s daughter went playing in the woods with him and “slipped” and hit her head on a rock, and so on and so forth, until, by the time we reach the present, he’s making phone calls at 3 AM to his wealthy father crying about the dead hooker in his bathtub.
    Thats more or less Black masks original Origin.

When it come to Zsasz, in the comics he is a phycho Killer how thinks that he liberates people (or how he calls them zombies) from their pointless existence by killing them. That doesn't really work with the mob enforcer role imo.

Decided to bring this thread back up again but still: To add to my original statement for the Thread.

I've been thinking it over and come up with a list of candidates that coukd potentially use Gotham as an influence and worthy addition:

The Penguin (His brief stint as Mayor, and past as the Kingpin of Gotham, Perhaps work in his alliances with 'freaks' like Victor and 'Other Victor')
    The Riddler (His Multiple Personalities (Ed and the Riddler) and his Brain Damage arc... which could be entertaining to see other villains interact with the Not-Smart Riddler... infact.. He couldnt be 'The Riddler', because the Riddler... And Edward Nygma need their intelect... Hell Even add his alliance with Grundy.)
    Professor Pyg (His Hatred of Corruption... And the Penguin, also wearing a real pig's head as a mask which could make that freak even freakier)
    Jerome Valeska (Could be added to the canon... perhaps as a Proto-Joker who gets tired of the Clown stealing his Shtick and battles him)

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Decided to bring this thread back up again but still: To add to my original statement for the Thread.

We've gotten stuff like that with Penguin in the comics already.

The Riddler (His Multiple Personalities (Ed and the Riddler) and his Brain Damage arc... which could be entertaining to see other villains interact with the Not-Smart Riddler... infact.. He couldnt be 'The Riddler', because the Riddler... And Edward Nygma need their intelect... Hell Even add his alliance with Grundy.)
    I think the best thing that show did with Riddler was drop the split-personality thing, which really doesn't work with the character.

Professor Pyg (His Hatred of Corruption... And the Penguin, also wearing a real pig's head as a mask which could make that freak even freakier)
    I like Pyg on the show but I don't think we need that kind of subdued take on him in the comics.

[Jerome Valeska (Could be added to the canon... perhaps as a Proto-Joker who gets tired of the Clown stealing his Shtick and battles him)
    I think we have enough Jokers already.

I honestly wouldn't mind Butch being adapted to be honest.

Pyg, I was thinking more along the lines of the Pig head mask in a more Jigsaw Style of thing while remaining the same as he is now- Psychotic with Dollotrons etc